wcb231
    wcb231's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 496

Semi-experienced but rusty: Where to go?

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks to this site and its posters for cluing me in on a lot of things I was unaware of when I bet sports in the past (over two years ago).

I'm looking to get back into it on a more serious basis, and I (for the most part) know exactly what I want out of an online book, but I just don't know maybe the best places to find it.

What I'm looking for:

Good teasers and parlays
    Good lines (not just on favorites or dogs, but overall)
    Easy depositing for US residents
    Likewise, reputable cashouts
    Software that is easy to navigate but isn't old-looking (like The Greek)
    I might play poker every now and again, but certainly not regularly.

So what's my best option(s)? Thanks so much!

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by wcb231 View Post
    Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks to this site and its posters for cluing me in on a lot of things I was unaware of when I bet sports in the past (over two years ago).

I'm looking to get back into it on a more serious basis, and I (for the most part) know exactly what I want out of an online book, but I just don't know maybe the best places to find it.

What I'm looking for:

Good teasers and parlays
    Good lines (not just on favorites or dogs, but overall)
    Easy depositing for US residents
    Likewise, reputable cashouts
    Software that is easy to navigate but isn't old-looking (like The Greek)
    I might play poker every now and again, but certainly not regularly.

So what's my best option(s)? Thanks so much!
    Might want to think about using a couple of books to achieve all that. I never use teasers or parlays so can't give you any bettor information than you probably already know.

Good lines, well that will depend on the sport. For example: during MLB season, I only use BOOKMAKER/DIAMOND every now and then, but during this season of NFL, NHL, and NBA I have used them the most. However, now that I only have NBA left for me, my BET MANIA account is getting more action. Interestingly, my BET MANIA always has better juice that it's parent BET PHOENIX, as in everyone has -110, they will have -108.

As for poker, I just have an account at TruePoker and Cake Poker, of course I would have funded UB if I would have done more research as they have a lot more players.

The only old looking software I have an account with is The Greek, as you mentioned.

Any site that is rated B or higher is pretty safe and under the directory they list if they accept US players or not, but here is a nice little list of rated B or better books that accept US players and do not conflict with their parent companies:

BetJamaica – A+
    BookMaker – A+
    The Greek – A+
    5Dimes – A
    Bodog – A
    Bet Online– B+
    Bet Phoenix – B+
    Intertops – B+
    Caribsports – B
    First Fidelity You Wager – B
    Rebate Wager – B
    WorldWideWagering – B
    BetGuardian – B
    SportsInteraction – B

There are a couple of more books, but I just haven't really tried them yet.

Best of luck,

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

welcome and good luck in your wagers