Tuna Fish Riot
    Hot dog nipples.
    Tuna Fish Riot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks Fun

Hi. I'm new here. A friend referred me. I don't know much about sports, but I love playing the odds. This will be a small hobby on the side with any extra money I have.

Can someone direct me to some sort of guide to help me understand the jargon and notations of bets, odds, statistics, etc. I'm really a blank slate, but I have a thirst to learn and strong desire to master challenges.

Thanks! See you all around.

pedro803
    pedro803's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5708

Hey be careful with that tuna fish! Don't get it in my hair! I have to go to work in a little while!

I am not sure if there is an official glossary on this site, but if you put glossary in the "search sbr forums" box near the top right of this page it will bring up a post called "sports betting glossary, terms and definitions" with quite a few terms defined.

If that isn't sufficient, maybe search the www for sports betting glossary

welcome aboard! and best of luck to you!

pedro803
    pedro803's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5708

for statistics, I would suggest you look outside of the gambling world for a statistics glossary -- really depends on how much you know already and how deep you are looking to get -- maybe a good start there would be to head on over to the think tank subforum and have a looksy at the discussion there as a jumping off point for statistical analysis