JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Gambling on (State) Lottery

I know this is a "sport" betting and gambling forum, but has anyone had any luck on lottery tickets in your state?
    If so, do you pick your own numbers or quick pick from the machine?

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

I do not bet on the lottery. The odds are stacked against you greatly, so I don't waste the money.

ok now what
    ok now what's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I found one state lottery with a Keno game in which you could actually make it positive EV. You simply waited for nobody to hit the 2 of 2 or the 3 of 3 with the magic number over a bunch of draws. The pot carried over each 5 minute draw, and would often get large enough to shoot a few tickets at it, and you could collect $400-500 on a 1 in 160 event. It was great, but a boring way to spend an evening. This format has since changed.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

state lottery mainly the pick 3 and pick 4 are rigged!!!!!!! wasn't like that in the pimp days when everyone was making money in the "numbers" racket. i use to run numbers for this old lady in the projects named ms ann.

makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    I do not bet on the lottery. The odds are stacked against you greatly, so I don't waste the money.

Tell that to someone who hit 200 MIL or something crazy like that on the lottery. Of course odds are way against you on the lottery!!

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just look at the odds vs the payouts on the ticket. Hopefully that will be enough to convince you not to play.

rewls
    rewls's Avatar Become A Pro!

Funny story with myself and my state lottery. I never bought scratch off tickets, or played the larger jackpots at all. I was at a gas station and thought what the hell I gotta buy a ticket sometime. I bought 5 $1 scratch off tickets, and won $999 on a game called 9 in a line. Couldn't believe it...the first time I ever bought any type of lottery ticket I won the jackpot for that particular game.

So after I got it cashed at the bank....of course I went back for more later in that week. I spent about $100 trying out all the different priced tickets, as they are all relatively the same the state lottery just changes the names and what not. Bought a $10 scratch off ticket, not even a full 7 days later after I won the first time and won $1000.

It was incredibly lucky, and I kept the copies of the pay to bearer forms you have to fill out when you win more than $599 (in ohio) just because no one believes me when I tell them that story.

Just a suggestion....playing scratch off tickets alot is a really bad idea. Its incredibly addicting for some people and its almost sad when I see (usually older woman) in front of me somewhere spending $100 on scratch off tickets, then waiting in the place to immediately scratch them off cash them in and buy more until they eventually lose.
    Last edited by rewls; 08-23-10 at 12:13 AM. Reason: typo

ftballnutt
    ftballnutt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have spent way too much money on lottery tickets. Is like almost goes with filling up my gas tank I have to keep buying them.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by rewls View Post
    Funny story with myself and my state lottery. I never bought scratch off tickets, or played the larger jackpots at all. I was at a gas station and thought what the hell I gotta buy a ticket sometime. I bought 5 $1 scratch off tickets, and won $999 on a game called 9 in a line. Couldn't believe it...the first time I ever bought any type of lottery ticket I won the jackpot for that particular game.

So after I got it cashed at the bank....of course I went back for more later in that week. I spent about $100 trying out all the different priced tickets, as they are all relatively the same the state lottery just changes the names and what not. Bought a $10 scratch off ticket, not even a full 7 days later after I won the first time and won $1000.

It was incredibly lucky, and I kept the copies of the pay to bearer forms you have to fill out when you win more than $599 (in ohio) just because no one believes me when I tell them that story.

Just a suggestion....playing scratch off tickets alot is a really bad idea. Its incredibly addicting for some people and its almost sad when I see (usually older woman) in front of me somewhere spending $100 on scratch off tickets, then waiting in the place to immediately scratch them off cash them in and buy more until they eventually lose.
    Nice stories! Man, you have beginners luck! I recognize the 9 Game. Here in California, I started seing them and bought 2 for $1 ea. Didn't win anything.

When I play the lottery, either Super($5Mill+) or Mega($10Mill+,100Mill+), I usually pick my own numbers and largest amount I won was $187. Pretty cool huh? But I think I spend about $30 to achieve that in total.

I shared my experience with a co-worker, who is a ditz, and I asked her to play for the heck off it. I told her that she could play for $1 and maybe get lucky. She sounded very negative about the idea. A week goes by and she tells me that she bought a $1 quickpick(where you let the machine choose random #'s for you). Then we look on-line and see the winning numbers. Guess what??? This bimbo hits 3 numbers and wins $145 on her 1st try. FML!!!

rewls
    rewls's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL, yeah beginners luck for sure for me.

Anyway, I don't know about the lotto in Cali but if they have scratch off tickets, call me crazy I think there can be strategy to buying them at least. After I won the second $1k I bought more. Mainly like most people when I was getting gas or something...but I was just winning too much not to keep going at it.

Cali is WAYYY bigger than Ohio obviously, but then I would guess the odds and amount of jackpots are larger. So I tried a little "experiment". People usually buy tickets at the exact same place. I don't understand this, because IMO that place can only have so many high paying tickets. So if you got to different places and buy a good amount, you almost have a guarantee to win something. Then, remembering the numbers on the tickets and noticing how many have been purchased since, you can give yourself a better idea as to which ones to buy. Lotto ticket capping ...lol

This actually worked for me for awhile. I never hit a jackpot again but got plenty of $100-200 winning tickets and always covered. Just trying to answer your question. I like to gamble on pretty much anything so this was kidna fun for awhile lol, especially since in Ohio you can only bet on horses and NOTHING else. I can honestly say I was addicted to them for awhile, and never buy tickets anymore.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Everybody who wins for the first time gets addicted. When I won off the scratchers, I thought I was lucky cuz the first 5 scratchers that I got were $20, $5, $2, and 2XFree Ticket. After that, well, lets just say that the money I won was spended on more scratchers. lol.
    Here in Cali right now, the Mega California lottery jackpot is going for $100Mill. Gues who is going to be playing today??? Yup! You bet! haha. I have some spare $5 I can try. lol
    I wonder if that bimbo still buys them? I hope she does so later she can find this place and post about her addiction. LMAO!!!

ftballnutt
    ftballnutt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, nobody is a longterm winner playing scratchoffs unless u hit the big one.