Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!
    Dabeergod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Making 2 bets on the same game.

Reading through all of these forums I've noticed some people betting on more then 1 thing on a single game. Some would take the ML as well as bet on the over/under. I'm just wondering why people do this. I am also brand new to this forum so I don't have much idea about the whole bidding units thing and the systems that are being posted. Just trying to learn and any help would be highly appreciated. thanks guys

316316's Avatar Become A Pro!

multiple bets are acepted in a single match.. well.. there's a lot of bet types out there.. good luck!

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!

Oh I know they are accepted. I am just wondering why people make multiple bets in a single game, and if I should start doing the same since I haven't been winning much as of late.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

don't recomment combining over/unders with money line play in mlb. too often you get in the situation where you can't win. needing or not needing runs for total which will doom you on money line flat play.

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!

I see I see. Where do you recommend to do so and make multiple bets?

DukeJohn
    DukeJohn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Dabeergod View Post
    Reading through all of these forums I've noticed some people betting on more then 1 thing on a single game. Some would take the ML as well as bet on the over/under. I'm just wondering why people do this. I am also brand new to this forum so I don't have much idea about the whole bidding units thing and the systems that are being posted. Just trying to learn and any help would be highly appreciated. thanks guys
    The first thing and always keep in mind that it is said 98% of all sports bettor lose in the long run and even less than 2% actually do this professionally. There are a few good cappers that post, but all will have their ups and downs.

As for ML and betting the over/under on the same game, that is more of personal choice and why you are doing this; is sports betting for fun or are you trying to do this professionally. Most people will tell you, you need to find value in the bet. "Think Tank" peeps go with mathematical models and quantify stats to make an algorithm to support their theory. However, they too will fall short many times, as it just is not that easy. Player talk people will usually go with their gut or some generic stat and of course some times it works for a while and some times it doesn't.

If it is just for fun and you looking for some action, I would suggest going with over/under's, they are way more fun, especially in the NBA when you are rooting for either team to score. Nothing like sitting at a bar and screaming for both sides to score

As for professionally, that is a long road and will require a few years of experience and there are no guarantees you will ever be successful.

Since I posted in this thread it will show up in my personal posts, so you can ask questions and I should get to them throughout the day.

BoL (Best of Luck),

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Well, usually european books don't accept ML & over/under for same game but offshore books like BJ, Greek accept these kind of wagers.

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!

Thanks a lot Duke. Couldn't agree with you more on the watching a game at the bar rooting for everyone to score.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

they do it because they like both plays, good day

BigSlickDopps
    BigSlickDopps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Whats really awesome is when one line is say Over 110 and another book is say Under 111.5 you could bet both ways and if it hits on 111 you win both bets I think its called arbitrage, or even if it lands on 110 its a push and you still win.

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

On Matchbook you can buy both sides of the line during live trading and as long as they both are less than 100 as a percentage you are guaranteed a profit.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dabeergod

There are a good amount of times I'll play both the side and total within the same game, both straights not pars. I can't speak for others but the reason I do this is because if I find say for instance a solid home favorite that plays solid defense, I am expecting the visiting club to struggle offensively and feel the home team will cover the spread, hence I like the home team minus the points and the under. Plus I only like to exert my energy capping games that catch my eye and since I put the time and effort into capping the game, if I like both the side and the total, I will play both.

Ryangene
    Ryangene's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not uncommon at all for people to do this.

Om3n
    Om3n's Avatar Become A Pro!

it makes in parlay.. but in straight u can make only 1 bet per game...

Dabeergod
    Da Big D Boyz !!!

Yea I got the hang of it now thanks to all of you guys. I've been doing it for the NBA playoffs and it has paid of so far. I hope it keeps up ;-). I usually take the spread and the over/under. Thank you all once again, and best of luck to all !!! Let's get paid

kasualty
    kasualty's Avatar Become A Pro!

which handicapper is the best , to increase a small bankroll

kasualty
    kasualty's Avatar Become A Pro!

which handicapper is the best to increase a small bankroll

yankeerick
    yankeerick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

5 dimes no same teams play on parlays maybe im doing something wrong.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

most online books will not accept same ml-total parlays in same game.

qsgsg
    qsgsg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

I'm looking for books that allow same game multis but they are none out there?

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by qsgsg View Post
    BETus

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Forget the fact that the plays are on the same game. If the plays have a positive expectation on their own merit, you make them.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by qsgsg View Post
    Just about every book in the world accepts money line/total parlays in baseball and ATS/total parlays in foots/hoops. Only exceptions are what books deem to be correlated parlays in football, which happens when Total/Spread ratio is low.

qsgsg

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    BETus
    I have tried parlay on soccer. Doesnt work though.

qsgsg

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Just about every book in the world accepts money line/total parlays in baseball and ATS/total parlays in foots/hoops. Only exceptions are what books deem to be correlated parlays in football, which happens when Total/Spread ratio is low.

I suppose Soccer is excluded then.

Pg00n187
    Pg00n187's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Any good plays today?