bart4
    bart4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it bad to bet 1st-5 innings and ML on same game but diff. teams?

Say I bet KC 1st to 5 innings and then LAA to win the game, is that frowned upon?

adlai
    adlai's Avatar Become A Pro!

i made this exact same play last week when they played seattle and greinke was on the mound. it was money, and a big day at +180 for the Seattle ML. I wouldn't take it unless greinke was on the mound. game just started so the advice might be coming at you a little late.
    normally, i would say that is not a good play though.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Quote Originally Posted by bart4 View Post
    Say I bet KC 1st to 5 innings and then LAA to win the game, is that frowned upon?
    nah, i wouldn't say that it's frowned upon, because this kind of bet will work when you find the right combinations of teams to play it with. for instance, there was probably a lot of money to be made this season betting celtics first halves but betting against them for the games because they were always blowing big leads in the second half (like they did tonight). i wouldn't do it very often though, especially in baseball. to completely nail a game from beginning to end, especially where you are trying to pinpoint how momentum and personnel changes will affect the outcome, isn't something that's going to happen too often.

blix177
    blix177's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do it all the time, not intentionally. I put up offers on Matchbook, someone buys X to win from me, someone buys X to lose 1st 5 inning from me. Then I end up with opposite correlated plays. But at least both plays have +ev so it all fair.