Penaldo
    Penaldo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Best advice to deal with losing days?

I find it so hard to not chase. Any tips on how to stay disciplined?

johnnydallaz
    johnnydallaz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Fishing, camping, and anything outdoors with my son works well for me.
    Oh and shooting a gun always helps too ease the pain...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bozeman

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

become a machine. I just plug games into excel, spits out a result and a bet amount. Everyday. Don't stray from it.

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

first you must decide you dont ever want to reload and ,without exception,stick to strict money management..

treat all plays the same risking the same amt until you're experienced enough to know which are your stronger plays. bet less on weaker plays

you can play longtime risking 2% per play and withstand the inevitable losing streak

its not a sprint- there are games every day except sandwiching all star break.. you have a huge advantage- use it -and cherry pick the strongest plays rather than bet the entire board daily

bad beats will happen- control emotions and remember its just one play but try to see if you missed something in your analysis

dont rush to bet at last minute just to have action

learn to make a play and not feel obligated to watch every play or check scores every 30 seconds- it doesnt change the outcome

if you bet enough you cant sleep you've bet too much

dont focus on win pct focus on profit- so avoid heavy chalk or find ways to reduce it by playing Runlines or ocassionally parlaying 2 heavy favs

when you are playing odds stacked against with the vig unless you become like a machine as last poster mentioned books know its just matter of time before you bust yourself

easy to hear and say these things -difficult to stick to them

Cubs4ever
    Cubs4ever's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

My down fall and probably the hardest thing is not chasing! Good luck though!

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Bet like a robot, have a money mangement follow it religiously and dont watch the games or refresh score. Make your bets and get on with your life. THe more you spend time refreshing scores or looking at games you bet more frustrated and stressed you will be and more likely to chase.....chasing can happen when you win too...that chasing when you want to win more and force extra bets after you win. I highly recommend googling "How to win at sports betting: Patience and Discipline" and read that article from betting resource.

phinfan27615
    phinfan27615's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2310

I agree, chasing is the hardest thing to overcome. The best thing for me after a loss is to do something else to take your mind off sports such as go outdoors, play video games etc. Just stop watching games that day so you're not thinking about gambling.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quit
    Only chance

Drydin
    Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
    Drydin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2266

In my first few years as a serious bettor I struggled with this from time to time. It is so hard to resist chasing , especially after a bad beat. Whenever I get that feeling now like I might lose control best to just take a day or two off. As they say "time heals all wounds" and eventually that feeling will pass. Better to take your mind completely away from betting than to blow your entire bankroll. Cause you may get away with it a few times but eventually if you chase that will be the end result.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by Drydin View Post
    In my first few years as a serious bettor I struggled with this from time to time. It is so hard to resist chasing , especially after a bad beat. Whenever I get that feeling now like I might lose control best to just take a day or two off. As they say "time heals all wounds" and eventually that feeling will pass. Better to take your mind completely away from betting than to blow your entire bankroll. Cause you may get away with it a few times but eventually if you chase that will be the end result.
    BINGO!!!! Preserve your capital and go relax. The more hobbies you can find outside of sports betting the better off you will be. Just accept that you are never in control.

I have had crazy winning streaks and downright ugly losing streaks.

eastvan09
    eastvan09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1728

Lots of tremendous advice in this thread. I appreciate all the hard learned advice shared. I have made some of those mistakes myself.

Reading this thread is helping me refocus after some poor wagers and a bad day. I will focus on determining my best plays and not wager on too many games just because they are on the board.

CoolLakeMI
    CoolLakeMI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Stay away, do something you love and let it go.