Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

Which bonus would you take?

Planning to deposit 300$ either in Bookmaker or Heritage

Bookmaker offers 50% free play on deposit with 10x rollover only on the deposit amount.

Heritage offers 50% cash bonus with 12x rollover and its on the deposit+bonus.

Which one would you take?

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

neither. tough enough to collect unless you use bitcoins apparently. 10x and or 12x time rollovers nearly impossible to reach. if somehow you reach it you would have won enough money to make the original bonus meaningless. basically bonuses are a trap, a lure to get you to deposit with virtually no hope of being able to withdraw. they don't offer these things because they are generous and want to give free money away. beware.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    neither. tough enough to collect unless you use bitcoins apparently. 10x and or 12x time rollovers nearly impossible to reach. if somehow you reach it you would have won enough money to make the original bonus meaningless. basically bonuses are a trap, a lure to get you to deposit with virtually no hope of being able to withdraw. they don't offer these things because they are generous and want to give free money away. beware.
    10x rollovers are far from impossible to meet. Imagine a 300 deposit at 50% cash becomes 450. If you bet 20$ a game, you would need to bet a total of 5400, so 270 bets. Call your expected loss per bet at a dollar, and you would have 180 at the end. This is more than you would have if you didn't take the bonus. Your chances of going broke quick are also smaller.

You are going to bet anyway if you are depositing, unless you are one of these people who deposit every weekend and withdraw every monday, which is foolish. If you are going to bet anyway, take the bonus.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider626 View Post

Bookmaker offers 50% free play on deposit with 10x rollover only on the deposit amount.

If you are depositing 300, and that is all or most of your bankroll, take the cash. You'll get cash back at heritage as well. Good Luck!

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

they want you to leave it in, thus the bonus trap. some succeed, most fail or they wouldn't offer it. if you don't have a need to withdraw take the bonus sure. at an average of 3 bets a day it will take 3 months to reach the rollovers. you had better win 60% to make it worthwhile otherwise the bonus will just dissipate into lost juice over time. the key is to not having a desire to withdraw, just a desire to bet.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

they want you to leave it in, thus the bonus trap. some succeed, most fail or they wouldn't offer it. if you don't have a need to withdraw take the bonus sure. at an average of 3 bets a day it will take 3 months to reach the rollovers. you had better win 60% to make it worthwhile otherwise the bonus will just dissipate into lost juice over time. the key is to not having a desire to withdraw, just a desire to bet.
    This is nonsense. If you are going to bet 3 bets a day for 3 months, would you rather lose some house money, or completely your own money? If you can't float $300 for three months to bet, why would you be able to float $300 for less time? What are the benefits to withdrawing if you intend to bet in the future and don't need the cash for an emergency reason?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Not a big difference to me between them. I'd pick the book that suits what you want to bet and how you like to bet it the best.

Personally, neither the $3000 or $5400 rollover figures would bother me too much. You should estimate your weekly turnover and work out the time it will take to decide if the rollover matters to you.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Both about the same. Bookmaker will give you openers so I prefer them. If you don't bet openers doesn't really matter either way. Almost all bonuses are a different version of the same bonus.

When it comes to bonuses, if you are going to bet -110 lines and win, you are going to win more money with the bonus. If you are going to lose the bonus, you are going to lose your deposit almost as fast without the bonus. You will generally lose about 60% of your deposit taking a bonus versus 100% not taking one. Losing is losing no matter how you slice it.

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

I'm a grinder. I don't bet big amounts. Usually i don't go higher than 20$ a game. And i make approximately 10 bets a day. So it would take me no longer than a month to meet a rollover at bookmaker if i can at least break even. Also i don't need to withdraw right away. I'm looking at the long term. This is not my rent money.

Also Does anyone know whats up with registration on Heritage? I want to register to see what soccer leagues they offer and i can't get further than the spinning H. I tried to register using opera, explorer and chrome and still no success. Tried live chat and they told me to call them. That's little weird. Is it a normal procedure when it comes to Heritage?
    Last edited by Outsider626; 03-15-17 at 12:32 PM.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

I'm a grinder. I don't bet big amounts. Usually i don't go higher than 20$ a game. And i make approximately 10 bets a day. So it would take me no longer than a month to meet a rollover at bookmaker if i can at least break even. Also i don't need to withdraw right away. I'm looking at the long term. This is not my rent money.

Also Does anyone know whats up with registration on Heritage? I want to register to see what soccer leagues they offer and i can't get further than the spinning H. I tried to register using opera, explorer and chrome and still no success. Tried live chat and they told me to call them. That's little weird. Is it a normal procedure when it comes to Heritage?
    In that case, you are perfect for betting bonuses. Lots of issues for many people with opening a Heritage account. If they cannot verify your phone number, they will just tell you to buzz off.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

It's not for everybody but some make it work. I use them and see profits from them just fine.

jbayko
    jbayko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1259

Bonuses are great, but you have a better option

The people who are telling you bonuses are for suckers are wrong. It depends on your situation. As long as you plan on keeping your money in there for a while, then it always makes sense to take the bonus. If you think you might need to withdraw your money at a any moment's notice, then bonuses aren't for you. But if you're depositing money that you may need in the near future, then you probably shouldn't be gambling with it in the first place.

But to answer your question, I would go with Heritage but skip the bonus. Take their "low vig" account type option. Having continuous access to -105 lines (50% less juice than almost every other book) is worth a lot more than a bonus IMO.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Quote Originally Posted by jbayko View Post
    But to answer your question, I would go with Heritage but skip the bonus. Take their "low vig" account type option. Having continuous access to -105 lines (50% less juice than almost every other book) is worth a lot more than a bonus IMO.
    I would add that anybody serious about bonuses should use multiple books and at least one should have the low vig or reduced juice.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10728

As long as the juice is not insanely high i would have to go with the cash one. Being an aggressive gambler and being known to go all in i would have more to work with up front .

At Even money to keep it simple a FP at $300 at 50% would give me $750 all in. A cash 50% with $300 would give me $900 All In.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Cash bonus is always better. if it's only 2x more RO, I would do that.

And anyone that says bonuses are for chumps has absolutely no money management. They bet on emotion and not by a solid unit system. I crushed so many bonuses over the years. Currently have a 2k Freeplay bonus I'm working on.

For the record, if it's between those two books, Heritage is a no-brainer. Reduced juice adds up like you wouldn't believe. I cringe every time I have to pay that .2 extra on other books lol

thomaschau
    thomaschau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2862

I agree

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I'm on Bookmaker's freeplay, but have to say their scope is mainly limited to American sports. Which can be frustrating for the casual gambler, who needs some action in tennis and soccer. Haven't lost my balance yet, but going jump ship and bet mainly on 5dimes and Pinnacle

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

freeplay is only worth around 65% or so compared to cash. I would take the cash for sure. Both are solid books. Slanina, which book do you have 2k freeplay at?

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    freeplay is only worth around 65% or so compared to cash. I would take the cash for sure. Both are solid books. Slanina, which book do you have 2k freeplay at?
    Id rather not say. It's definitely not a standard bonus for them. Account specific. Once I clear it, ill be glad to share. I dont want a bunch of hooligans claiming someone got the bonus and now they want it on their live chat. My only clue is that SBR rates them highly.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

I totally understand. Would you mind sharing what it is that caused them to offer that bonus to you? Was it just a big deposit?
    Much of my system is based around getting the biggest bonus possible regardless of rollover.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
    Id rather not say. It's definitely not a standard bonus for them. Account specific. Once I clear it, ill be glad to share. I dont want a bunch of hooligans claiming someone got the bonus and now they want it on their live chat. My only clue is that SBR rates them highly.

fya888
    fya888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

does anyone have any experience with matchedbetting with the bonuses?

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13839

How has nobody said both and bet both sides of a game. Clears rollover on one site and makes rollover that much easier on the other site.