1. #1
    305bettingguy
    305bettingguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-17
    Posts: 12
    Betpoints: 66

    Book Closed with my Money what can i do

    Hi . Do not know where to post this , so here it goes .

    I used this book for over 10 years , they are in the DR ( Dominican Republic ) long story short , after the super bowl , a few days after i call and the number has no service , i call , i call , i call , nothing . it was a toll free number .

    I send emails , nothing .... Now it's like 5gs and it's a lot to me , what can i do . Over the time i have been with them i can say , yeah i am under , i did have fun and they always paid out ,

    This action by them has me befuddled .

    I want to take action , but if i go to local law enforcement will that hurt me . I know i can't got to Dominican Law ( Yeah Right ) ....

    Any Advice will be appreciated .....

    What has me more crazy is a vouched for them with 2 buddies and they are more in the hile than me one by like 17ks !!!!!!!!! ( he made large WDs with them so he went big on the SB thinking all would be normal )

    There was never any bad signs , late payments , nothing to make me think twice ......

    So i come to the knowledge of this forum for some help if not a good tongue lashing for being foolish

    Like i said any advice would be deeply appreciated

  2. #2
    Fedup74
    Fedup74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-04-17
    Posts: 40

    Submit a complaint

  3. #3
    eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-06-13
    Posts: 3,119
    Betpoints: 712

    submit with sbr and never use a sportsbook rated less than A grade from sbr

    BTP
    Week 10
    5-0-0 1602 pts

    BTP
    Week 10
    5-0-0 1213 pts


  4. #4
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 30,223
    Betpoints: 1856

    Was the book regulated anywhere?

    You can submit a sportsbook complaint to SBR here.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  5. #5
    rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-27-13
    Posts: 751
    Betpoints: 3817

    get a lawyer and sue them

  6. #6
    qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-04-09
    Posts: 762

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmvp1209 View Post
    get a lawyer and sue them
    A lawsuit overseas will cost you more than you lost.

    Is the book part of a larger group of sites?

    If not, it's probably bad news.

    BTP
    Week 9
    4-1-0 365 pts


  7. #7
    philasmoke27
    Update your status
    philasmoke27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-18-13
    Posts: 194
    Betpoints: 24

    yup great point u have to deal with a company that has history ..i use bookmaker excellent payout .not good on bonus but u get points for winning ..

  8. #8
    ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-15
    Posts: 348
    Betpoints: 975

    Maybe I missed something but what was the name of the sportsbook?

  9. #9
    qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-04-09
    Posts: 762

    Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    Maybe I missed something but what was the name of the sportsbook?
    He didn't mention the book. It's either sorted or he has come to terms that his money is gone.

    BTP
    Week 9
    4-1-0 365 pts


  10. #10
    305bettingguy
    305bettingguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-17
    Posts: 12
    Betpoints: 66

    Update :

    Got call from book. They had to close due to change in DR laws. They said it was unexpected . Offered me a payout deal ( partial balance in lump sum or full balance in several payments . Took lump sum.

    My buddies got called too, same deal , offer, don't know what they took.

    Will get back in 2 weeks when i get funds .... fingers crossed.

    Thanks to the guys here that helped .

  11. #11
    ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-15
    Posts: 348
    Betpoints: 975

    And we still don't know the name of the sportsbook...

  12. #12
    qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-04-09
    Posts: 762

    Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    And we still don't know the name of the sportsbook...
    Wierd post isn't it?

    BTP
    Week 9
    4-1-0 365 pts


  13. #13
    ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-08-15
    Posts: 348
    Betpoints: 975

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    Wierd post isn't it?
    It really is. We get so many of these people on SBR whose first posts are complaining about a sportsbook not paying. Oftentimes there's something fishy.
    You read this string yet: http://www.sportsbookreview.com/foru...awal-help.html
    F'ing hilarious!

  14. #14
    305bettingguy
    305bettingguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-17
    Posts: 12
    Betpoints: 66

    I gave Brad of SBR the name and number . He did what he could and provided me with go info . Gladly it worked out .

    Weird , why ?

    I don't have to explain myself to anyone here but to provide some clarity and maybe help other that may want to voice concerns about a book or what not and not feel bullied by some here that react with out knowledge.

    No i never gave the name of the book as to not come across as trying to peddle some book or bring attention to it.

    I ask for general information that was not book dependent on how to proceed . I got the information needed from some here and it was appreciated.

    If anyone wants to make more of this than it is unless you are a Mod or Admin of this site ( all of whom have been very professional and helpful ) please feel free to " Cash me Ouside ....... " How 'bout that !!!!!

  15. #15
    qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-04-09
    Posts: 762

    Quote Originally Posted by 305bettingguy View Post
    I gave Brad of SBR the name and number . He did what he could and provided me with go info . Gladly it worked out .

    Weird , why ?

    I don't have to explain myself to anyone here but to provide some clarity and maybe help other that may want to voice concerns about a book or what not and not feel bullied by some here that react with out knowledge.

    No i never gave the name of the book as to not come across as trying to peddle some book or bring attention to it.

    I ask for general information that was not book dependent on how to proceed . I got the information needed from some here and it was appreciated.

    If anyone wants to make more of this than it is unless you are a Mod or Admin of this site ( all of whom have been very professional and helpful ) please feel free to " Cash me Ouside ....... " How 'bout that !!!!!

    No worries friend.

    It just sounds like an odd story. In fact, it is an odd story but that doesn't mean it isn't true. Truth is stranger than fiction.

    You shouldn't feel bullied as that was never my intention. I think ace feels the same way.

    I understand your point about being general and getting information on how to proceed.

    Naming the book; however, helps because others may have similar experiences which could have been shared.

    BTP
    Week 9
    4-1-0 365 pts


  16. #16
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 30,223
    Betpoints: 1856

    Quote Originally Posted by 305bettingguy View Post
    I gave Brad of SBR the name and number . He did what he could and provided me with go info . Gladly it worked out .

    Weird , why ?

    I don't have to explain myself to anyone here but to provide some clarity and maybe help other that may want to voice concerns about a book or what not and not feel bullied by some here that react with out knowledge.

    No i never gave the name of the book as to not come across as trying to peddle some book or bring attention to it.

    I ask for general information that was not book dependent on how to proceed . I got the information needed from some here and it was appreciated.

    If anyone wants to make more of this than it is unless you are a Mod or Admin of this site ( all of whom have been very professional and helpful ) please feel free to " Cash me Ouside ....... " How 'bout that !!!!!
    Ah that's great news 305!!

    As expected such a long term personal operation would have a valuable client list and someone would want to resurrect it even if the owner had died.

    Pleased to hear your friends got looked after too.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  17. #17
    305bettingguy
    305bettingguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-17
    Posts: 12
    Betpoints: 66

    Sorry if i responded a bit hard , been member of too many forums for too long and have learned to stick my guns up fast cause there are too many keyboard bullies out there -

    But i see what you mean and appreciate your words !!!


    Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    No worries friend.

    It just sounds like an odd story. In fact, it is an odd story but that doesn't mean it isn't true. Truth is stranger than fiction.

    You shouldn't feel bullied as that was never my intention. I think ace feels the same way.

    I understand your point about being general and getting information on how to proceed.

    Naming the book; however, helps because others may have similar experiences which could have been shared.

  18. #18
    305bettingguy
    305bettingguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-17
    Posts: 12
    Betpoints: 66

    Thanks , yeah the guys are happy so am i ( that is if we get our money )

    The book people seemed bummed out after so many years . They are not going to start a new thing nor were they selling me other books ( which after so many years and clients i would think they would sell off to a large book ) , it seems the new laws as they told me caught them off guard and have option then to say good bye .

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Ah that's great news 305!!

    As expected such a long term personal operation would have a valuable client list and someone would want to resurrect it even if the owner had died.

    Pleased to hear your friends got looked after too.

  19. #19
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 30,223
    Betpoints: 1856

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    Naming the book; however, helps because others may have similar experiences which could have been shared.
    99.9% chance you havent heard the name. There is no reference to it online. Old school operation based on word of mouth.

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  20. #20
    qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-04-09
    Posts: 762

    Quote Originally Posted by 305bettingguy View Post
    Sorry if i responded a bit hard , been member of too many forums for too long and have learned to stick my guns up fast cause there are too many keyboard bullies out there -

    But i see what you mean and appreciate your words !!!
    Sadly, many members on this board will be the same as other forums. Nothing wrong with sticking to your guns. I tend to avoid the online back and forth insults.
    Glad you got some cash and hope to see you around.

    BTP
    Week 9
    4-1-0 365 pts


  21. #21
    305bettingguy
    305bettingguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-26-17
    Posts: 12
    Betpoints: 66

    Update :

    Got the money !!!!! We are happy , thank you for all those that helped even with kind words .

    No more sports betting for me until i get to Vegas !!!!

  22. #22
    qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-04-09
    Posts: 762

    Quote Originally Posted by 305bettingguy View Post
    Update :

    Got the money !!!!! We are happy , thank you for all those that helped even with kind words .

    No more sports betting for me until i get to Vegas !!!!
    Try a rated book above. You should be fine.

    BTP
    Week 9
    4-1-0 365 pts


  23. #23
    Nicolas25
    Nicolas25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-10-17
    Posts: 10
    Betpoints: 30

    Congrats

Top