mullmarco
    mullmarco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

How fast is Coinbase?

Hi guys! If I open an account and pick the instant verification, will I be able to buy bitcoins the same day with my bank account? or even after providing my bank's login and password will I have to wait a while? ..thanks in advance!

SBR Ivy
    SBR Ivy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mullmarco View Post
    Hi guys! If I open an account and pick the instant verification, will I be able to buy bitcoins the same day with my bank account? or even after providing my bank's login and password will I have to wait a while? ..thanks in advance!
    Hi mullmarco, yes but the bitcoins will not hit your Coinbase account for 5 working days.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mullmarco

mullmarco
    mullmarco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Wow! not very instant at all!! lol .... ok, i guess I will wait 5 days.

Thanks so much for your help!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8463

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Ivy View Post
    Hi mullmarco, yes but the bitcoins will not hit your Coinbase account for 5 working days.
    I noticed that coinbase has a credit card option that says it can make it immediate until the bank account gets approved? Is that true? In other words, if I open a coinbase account right noe, add my bank account info and wait for the verification for 5 days, will having the credit card allow me to deposit today? I assume yes because why else would they have that option? Can you clarify?

SBR Ivy

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    I noticed that coinbase has a credit card option that says it can make it immediate until the bank account gets approved? Is that true? In other words, if I open a coinbase account right noe, add my bank account info and wait for the verification for 5 days, will having the credit card allow me to deposit today? I assume yes because why else would they have that option? Can you clarify?
    Yes, card purchases reflect instantly, but are accompanied by larger fees and lower transaction limits.

SBR Ivy

Quote Originally Posted by mullmarco View Post
    Wow! not very instant at all!! lol .... ok, i guess I will wait 5 days.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Anytime sir.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8463

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Ivy View Post
    Yes, card purchases reflect instantly, but are accompanied by larger fees and lower transaction limits.
    ya but until the 5 day waiting period is over, you can get something going in a few minutes if you have a debit card linked to your bank account.

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

You lock in the price when you buy though but have to wait the 5 days...