lash0011
    lash0011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Newbie here! - NFL and NBA...some cricket and NRL too

Just wanted to say Hi All... and i hope you all have good luck on the close calls.
    I decided to give this a go... after my boss died and i quit my job...

This is the first season i have watched NFL, and i am still learning about the finer details in the game, which is fun.

I haven't watched any NBA games fully yet.. but i love the stats... So i am seeing how well i can do without watching a game this year till the playoff.

I'm all about the Totals/Over/Unders rather than picking teams and spreads..

Hope to learn a few things here.

Cheers
    L
    Points Awarded:

qwertvt gave lash0011 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR Genie
    SBR Genie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11946

Welcome to SBR forum, lash0011!

Feel free to explore the forum and to contact us for any future concerns.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Bet small for the first year. I am talking $1 a game. You seem really inexperienced (I'm not bad mouthing ya) and will likely lose money. Make your education cheap.

Don't use service plays. Learn how to make your own picks.

No parlays.

Hit the "Think Tank" section of the forum every now and again.
    You probably won't understand most of it but you will pick up certain things from those who are more knowledgeable.

Some will disagree - I believe participation in Fantasy Sports is helpful.
    Season long is ideal but perhaps DFS will help. It keeps you focused on matchups.
    You missed out on football so focus on a sport you will enjoy. Is it NBA or College Hoops? I don't know much about the other sports you mentioned.

You also mentioned stats. Start thinking about playing around with excel. I believe templates may float around the Think Tank from time to time. Put something together. I am sure someone with far more knowledge will help you out.

Now look to the right of the screen and join the NBA contest.
    Welcome and good luck.

ATOMICPUNK
    ATOMICPUNK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck to you