Broke Homey
    Hey Cancer, penetrate You!!
    Broke Homey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Serious question about gathering past MLB stats to make Spreadsheets

This is probably easier than i think, but for 2-3 days i have been googling on how to gather the past 7-8 yrs of MLB players and team stats. I am computer illiterate for the most part, and if anyone could direct me to a "How to make a MLB stats Spreadsheet for dummy's" I would be so great full.

Anyway, i keep seeing stuff about making spreadsheets in excel, google docs and some other stuff i have no clue about how to use. Isnt there a web site that has this info already that i can download it to there spreadsheets? (if that makes sense)? I looked in my programs for excel and it says i need a 25 digit product code key or some crap.

I am probably making this harder than it really is but i am really confused.

Ty,
    Broke Homey

gdon44
    gdon44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8959

Can't help you with the product code lol. but there are tons of sites that have downloadable stats. Here is a resource list you can try. The site tg fantasy baseball is pretty straight forward too. Once you get it into excel it's up to you what you do with it. And that would likely require some youtube excel tutorials. (you'll probably want to find that product code or download new excel software first)

Broke Homey
    Hey Cancer, penetrate You!!
    Broke Homey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by gdon44 View Post
    Can't help you with the product code lol. but there are tons of sites that have downloadable stats. Here is a resource list you can try. The site tg fantasy baseball is pretty straight forward too. Once you get it into excel it's up to you what you do with it. And that would likely require some youtube excel tutorials. (you'll probably want to find that product code or download new excel software first)
    Awesome links! Thank you! Ive been messing with them a little bit and i will figure this computer crap yet!

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

http://www.fangraphs.com/

You can download statistics from there in a csv. You can set multiple seasons and get the last 7 years in one shot.