Football-horse84
    Football-horse84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Handicapping software questions??

I am looking to purchase winpicks by microbro, it this a useful tool or will I be wasting my money? I'm looking too purchase the pro football version. Also can anyone recommend any books for handicapping football.

Thanks for any and all help!!

Football-horse84

No input on this topic?? I figured there would be some, unless I posted in the wrong area sorry if I have..

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

WinPicks is a waste as a handicapping tool BUT it is a very nice cheap source to get historical NFL data going back to 1985. The NFL version of WinPicks is the best version in that regard because it has statistics on every game, although if you just want game results and spreads and such, the CFB, NBA and CBB are good too.

But in regards to your original question regarding handicapping, I am not a big fan as the best yearly "methods" are usually built via data mining and do not hold up through time.

Football-horse84

Thanks for that bit of insight , I might still buy the winpicks for pro football just to have as a tool not to really base my picks on it 100%. Do u or anyone recommend any other programs or books to read up on.