Prior
    Prior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Bookmaker Question

So I'm getting ready to submit for a payout with bookmaker and a lot of personal information is required. I know bookmaker is a reputable site but should I be nervous about giving them a copy of social security card? Essentially I'm curious if bookmaker has ever had their userbase information comprised before (whether via hack or employee breach). Thanks.

PS: i only have an enhanced license, and not a passport, so thats why the social security card is needed. Would it be in my best interest to pay the fee for the passport so I don't need to submit the social security card.
    Last edited by Prior; 10-29-15 at 06:35 AM.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

They need photo ID. Is that what this is for? If that is all that you have, you might have to use it. Might want to look into other forms of ID that you could get. Obviously, Bookmaker could get hacked at some point. You can't really assume any info is safe with an online bookmaker. Are you USA or other?

Prior
    Prior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    They need photo ID. Is that what this is for? If that is all that you have, you might have to use it. Might want to look into other forms of ID that you could get. Obviously, Bookmaker could get hacked at some point. You can't really assume any info is safe with an online bookmaker. Are you USA or other?
    If I use a passport, no SS card is required. I only have an enhanced license though. Would you recommend spending the 100 or so dollars to get the passport, so the SS card isn't needed? With the amount I will be cashing out I can afford to spend the 100 dollars. Also yes I live in America.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Quote Originally Posted by Prior View Post
    If I use a passport, no SS card is required. I only have an enhanced license though. Would you recommend spending the 100 or so dollars to get the passport, so the SS card isn't needed? With the amount I will be cashing out I can afford to spend the 100 dollars. Also yes I live in America.
    What's wrong with the enhanced license? Why can't you just use that?

You should only need drivers license photo and CC verification form with CC info and front/back copy if that is how you deposited. Done deal.
    Last edited by Buffalo Nickle; 10-30-15 at 09:37 AM.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Agree with Buffalo Nickel. Not sure why your full SSN would be required. And if you have to, yes, pay the 100 because when you think about it, do you think you'll never lose another 100 wager? You'll make that back, easy. Don't give out sensitive info.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I cashed out with Bookmaker and never had to give my SSN. I showed them a license and that is about it. I even blocked out my license number just to be safe. I wouldn't send them a copy of your SSN.

king7811
    Update your status
    king7811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 517

I agree with you. It's better not to give too many personal details. I'm worried about it.