totovski
    totovski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1056

Is there ANY real service for Handicapping?

Hello everyone,

I a new to the forum, found it during searching for some paid service for providing tips.
    I don't have time or knowledge how to do that, but I am positive there is a system to earn money.
    I just can't find it YET.

Any suggestions-reviews or ideas where to look?

THANKS

Freddy Smerlas
    Freddy Smerlas's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would follow Professor Shine. Ive been on him for a few years and no sales or gimmicks. Also Todd Fuhman has some free info that is good. Seth Burn has good stuff too. Don't trust anyone who is "sales" first and info later.

Ardmorite
    Ardmorite's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20978

Just pick winners.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

The cappers that move the lines provide a tangible service. It happens mostly because the books know they are going to get X amount of plays on a line so they make that line worse or they know a bigger book is going to do it and they have to fall in line with the larger shops. If you can get a line knowing its going to move you have equity to trade. Doctor Bob and RAS had this effect at one time. Im not sure who moves lines these days.

totovski

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Smerlas View Post
    I would follow Professor Shine. Ive been on him for a few years and no sales or gimmicks. Also Todd Fuhman has some free info that is good. Seth Burn has good stuff too. Don't trust anyone who is "sales" first and info later.
    How do I follow Professor Shine or Seth Burn?
    Thanks

totovski

Quote Originally Posted by Ardmorite View Post
    Just pick winners.
    HOW?

jake3
    jake3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

keep looking you will find one. Dont follow any cappers whose names have animal in it -ie "sheep" "wolf" "butcher" even

ednirth
    ednirth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Quote Originally Posted by totovski View Post
    Hello everyone,

I a new to the forum, found it during searching for some paid service for providing tips.
    I don't have time or knowledge how to do that, but I am positive there is a system to earn money.
    I just can't find it YET.

Any suggestions-reviews or ideas where to look?

THANKS
    Follow some of the guys that get posted in the "SERVICE PLAYS" section. They tend to be streaky, but when you follow someone who is hot, you can make a bundle. Most services are only good for 1 or 2 leagues.
    Check out SkyBluePicks, Dives Handicapping, Andrew Relish, YSI and James Jones. All have been successful this year. Depends on what type of player you are.

totovski

Quote Originally Posted by ednirth View Post
    Follow some of the guys that get posted in the "SERVICE PLAYS" section. They tend to be streaky, but when you follow someone who is hot, you can make a bundle. Most services are only good for 1 or 2 leagues.
    Check out SkyBluePicks, Dives Handicapping, Andrew Relish, YSI and James Jones. All have been successful this year. Depends on what type of player you are.
    I didn't find YSI. Others are all very suspicious....Maybe I am wrong?

tipstrrcraig
    tipstrrcraig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is there any way to tell what has been edited when one of these guys posts a pick? I noticed one or two messages get edited and was just unsure if there is any SBR protocol/best practice guide for following people on here?

Thanks for the help.

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Buy my picks. Women lie, men lie, numbers don't lie...

https://www.pickmonitor.com/user/XProfitProphetX

Jets12
    Jets12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I wanna know how all these hacks on twitter seem have such strong followings. I know a few that were mentioned are legit but so many of these guys should be thrown in a hole for posting their bullshit records and charging for picks.

totovski

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYBLACK View Post
    Buy my picks. Women lie, men lie, numbers don't lie...

https://www.pickmonitor.com/user/XProfitProphetX
    Is the record only for 3 months?

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Yeah. I've been gambling for over a decade, though. Just follow my SBR spreadsheet. Nobody will pay for my picks, but I love to keep everything transparent. I'll just keep plugging away for everyone. Maybe I'll make everyone $$$, and they'll pay me AFTER a year of service instead of before. LOL!

totovski

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYBLACK View Post
    Yeah. I've been gambling for over a decade, though. Just follow my SBR spreadsheet. Nobody will pay for my picks, but I love to keep everything transparent. I'll just keep plugging away for everyone. Maybe I'll make everyone $$$, and they'll pay me AFTER a year of service instead of before. LOL!
    Lets pay you, and if.you are not profitable, we pay you extra...Prove you are worthy and many will pay...

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

totovski - Welcome and good luck to u man !!

totovski

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Jerry View Post
    totovski - Welcome and good luck to u man !!
    Txs

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

it's nearly impossible to find trustworthy ones. ran my own NFL service for 3 years solo, 2 years with a partner prior to that. those last years i hit 57%. but a portion of the blame lies with the market. people are stupid and gullible. they fall for the pitch every time. no matter how many times i try to tell peeps that anything at 55% or higher is world class, they will still follow the guys that yell and scream and make huge promises.

how the fukk is brandon lang still making money? long term loser yet people still lining up to pay the guy.

in this environment, much easier for ethically challenged individuals to follow the PT Barnum, sucker born every minute, business model.

Playon
    Playon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

There are lot of services making profit. But also free ones. As a newbie I would use free services until have gained an ability too see if bets are possibly winning ones in long term or not. You have too see that winning potential in picks, not in betting stats. There are lot of tipsters who has now stats of 500-1000 bets and great winnings, but for sure they cant make it to 2000 bets keeping positive yield. They have been lucky. Or if its some kind of tipster competition where people start tipping over and over again until they finally have got good start of 100 bets and only then they continue tipping, otherwise loser account disapears and new winning tipster shows up.

Playon

Free ones also because if you are newbie you dont want to wager much, at least you shouldnt. You bet what you can happily lose. But when buying tipster services that part becomes complicated, because you need to earn back monthly payment of service. If one pick costs 5$, you want to earn that back and some money for yourself too, so you must wager on one bet at least 200$, otherwise the whole thing makes no sense. And services can lose too.

cs1985
    cs1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1978

I've been in a similar boat the past few months in terms of looking for someone to follow, but have come to the conclusion that it might be easier to follow guys that consistently lose and fade their picks. Anyone have experience with this?

I've seen plenty of touts on tracking sites like Handicapper's watchdog post negative units for a long period of time and figure this might be the best way to go.

Any suggestions are welcomed

Playon

My suggestion is that take only the best picks to NHL, NBA, NFL etc. Only picks that are well reasoned. Betting widely on these series and still making profit is difficult and not too many is able to do that. Consider betting on some new sports and new series, boost your ROI by betting on small series.

Riprap
    Riprap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

services

The only one I have followed that I believe to be ligit is Kenneth Marcelli. Located in Costa Rica, post ALL picks, consistent 60%+ all sports. List ALL picks since he started. Pricey but honestly good. No hype, just picks.

Playon

Quote Originally Posted by Riprap View Post
    Pricey but honestly good.
    Maybe you want to tell us how much is it? I didnt find the price

cs1985

I dont get what you mean "betting on series" NHL, NFL, NBA etc are what I'm looking to bet the most and from what I've found that's where the majority of plays from services come from. I'm talking about finding a couple of services (that fit my budget) that have posted consistent losing records, signing up and fading their plays. I know hot and cold streaks happen but I think if I find someone(s) who's got a large sample size of losing that might be the best way to go.

cs1985

For example, has anyone ever heard of KC Bubba or D Rock Sports? Both are ranked near the bottom on Handicapper's Watchdog during the past 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, and 180 days. That's some consistent losing in my opinion and with a combined -173 units over the past 180 days and fading those alone would have you up nearly 30 units a month.

cs1985

There are a few others there too but they are often quite pricey. If the results are there by fading though, they may be worth the investment

Playon

Need to be careful with those pricey tipsters. There are good and cheap tipsters, there are also line mover free tipsters. I dont see reason to pay huge amounts for any tipster. I always see pricey ones as a potential scammers at first sight. Many of them are excactly that. And even if there are good but pricey tipsters, still remains the essential question are they worth it.

cs1985

I'm not that inclined to give those pricey tipsters much thought because I only bet 50-$75 a game. My bottom line would be severely affected in the end if I'm paying $25 per play, or 3-400/month on monthly passes, because I'd have to win that many more bets to turn a profit. I agree with you that there are good free and cheap tipsters out there and that's why I mentioned those two guys above. I take it you've not heard of them (or anyone else since no response) which has me skeptical already, but I was browsing through their sites last night and one is $175/month and the other is $60/month. Seems reasonable if they keep producing losing results and I'm fading (cost is 1-3 bets/month using my average) although it seems both are starting to turn it around at the moment.

betandwin2323
    betandwin2323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 372

Vegaslinereader

1/20 guaranteed winner play of the month

rutgers -3

cs1985

Is this another guy to fade? Rutgers lost so hope you get something with a play title like that