Tony Williams
    Turquoise Jeep Records
    Tony Williams's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Here to learn

Hey guys

Looking to learn more about betting here-mainly curious how you guys typically calculate whether or not a play is considered of "value"? I've read a variety of posts regarding situations when to buy/sell points, as well as when achieving specific odds makes a bet "of value". I have not seen much explanation detailing why however, in such scenarios.

Have been a casual bettor for awhile that has had some brutal runs and great streaks-looking to get a bit more serious an disciplined. GL to everyone with plays tommorow!

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

It depends on the sport and situation.

In football, if you have +2.5 or +6.5 you should spend the $10 and buy half a point. It makes no sense not to. Today Germany was +115. I put a unit on it because it had value. I knew Portugal wasn't that good but they were good enough the books thought to make Germany a + money play. A top 3 soccer team at plus money is value. But I'll lay juice too when it's worth it.

Tony Williams
    Turquoise Jeep Records

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    It depends on the sport and situation.

In football, if you have +2.5 or +6.5 you should spend the $10 and buy half a point. It makes no sense not to. Today Germany was +115. I put a unit on it because it had value. I knew Portugal wasn't that good but they were good enough the books thought to make Germany a + money play. A top 3 soccer team at plus money is value. But I'll lay juice too when it's worth it.
    I get what your saying. I understand the basics, but just seems like there are scenarios that are full of value that I am not as familiar with...not sure if I'm phrasing my misunderstandings correctly but I'm sure I will learn along the way here

hurricane1091
    hurricane1091's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6469

Value is all perception man. Honestly. Like I said you got the 2nd best team in the world in Germany at PLUS money. That is value.

Tony Williams
    Turquoise Jeep Records

had Germany earlier +102, was a great win haha!