dieterketel
    dieterketel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Strategy of following high performing tippers?

Hi all!

I have been observing sports betting for a few weeks now. I'm no pro at this. Yet I look at this game quite rationally. Why would I bust myself in detecting good bets, when there are so many tippers with great yields and which share their bets for free?

Say I would have followed Jompy in the last 3 months and I placed $10 on each of his tips (76 bets > investment of $760), I would have made a profit of $183,39.

These where his yields for the last 3 months:

• October: 30,86% (26 bets > investment: $260) - Profit: $80,23
    • November: 17,53% (36 bets > investment: $360) > Profit: $63,10
    • December: 26,71% (15 bets > Investment: $150) > Profit: $40,06

I know that all tippers might have bad streak and can also have a negative yield every few months. But even if you calculate a few negative months and be consistent, you could easily end up with a profit of 10% tot 30% yearly.

If this strategy makes sense, why is not everyone doing it? If you have an average yield of 20% and have a budget of $10.000, you could easily make $2.000/month.

To me, this would seem to best strategy. But I would like to know if I'm making a wrong calculation here? Or what do the pro's think of this strategy?

Thanks!

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

No one free wins over long term. If you find one, share them. 3 months not long enough sample.

dieterketel

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    No one free wins over long term. If you find one, share them. 3 months not long enough sample.
    I only took the last 3 months as an example. Jompy has a trackrecords for years, which is pretty steady. But there are so many tippers with a reputation of years and a average yield of 20% to 30%.

If no one wins on the long run, is everyone here then just losing their money?

carolinacapper
    carolinacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8766

so what tout service are you advertising anyway?

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by dieterketel View Post
    I only took the last 3 months as an example. Jompy has a trackrecords for years, which is pretty steady. But there are so many tippers with a reputation of years and a average yield of 20% to 30%.
    Nobody at honest sites has anywhere remotely close to that. That's enough to make you a millionaire very quickly.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by dieterketel View Post

If no one wins on the long run, is everyone here then just losing their money?
    if you find one that does this. Invest accordingly and don't say a thing to anyone ever. Quit your job and do this full time. It doesn't happen long term. That's why people don't do it.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

just name the service your advertising already.

ouzoun
    ouzoun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

Here is a tipping product. Not for sale (yet).
    http://arbusers.com/index.php/topic,1577.0.html

dieterketel

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    if you find one that does this. Invest accordingly and don't say a thing to anyone ever. Quit your job and do this full time. It doesn't happen long term. That's why people don't do it.
    Okay thanks for the clear input. 30% isnt possible, but 5% is? Investment funds give me 10% profit a year. Sports betting is more risky and more time consuming. Its clear to me now that sports betting is only for fun.

padrar433
    padrar433's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 202

From my experience 7 years now and above 100.000 picks there has never been and there probably will not exist a service with more than 4% in the long run.
    4% is the best you could expekt .
    But also every tipster from 1%-4% is good
    The broblem then becames to pick the price because if he is that good the price would be gone in seconds and also you ll got many bookies cutting your limits.