betsolid21
    betsolid21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Soccer limits

Hi guys, first time poster.

I started a book in January. Things have been going well. I have one that guy that bets soccer like crazy. He will bet crazy amounts on the favorites like $2500 to win $500, things like that. He got bit in the ass one time when his favorites lost one day and was down a big amount, but proceeded to win it all back and more that same weekend doing the same thing. He also does parlays, as well, using the same strategy. I banned him for awhile because I didn't have a site and was having to look up all these lines myself at work, but decided to let him back yesterday (have had a working site for a few months now) and he won about $500 on about 30 sets of bets, mixing parlays and straight bets. I'm afraid of letting this guy just run rampant on these soccer plays. Is there a good way you guys know to limit soccer bets/parlays because I don't know too much about what other sites do to limit. Obviously soccer betting is in business everywhere so it's not designed to fail. Any advice/tips or just let it play out?

Thanks,

Bryan
    Last edited by betsolid21; 05-26-13 at 08:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Chevignonmoolah
    Chevignonmoolah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hi bro, to use $2500 to win $500 is not only a risky bet, but also you need a big credit to tank the losses.

I suggest for soccer betting to place 5% of your credit per game (for in-play games).

Soccer parlays 4 games is usually an acceptable level of risk. Hope my 2 cents helps =)

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

mind giving us more details on the kind of favorites he bets?

DHB
    DHB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 867

wait...so you're a bookmaker coming to a gambling site asking for advice??

and what do u mean by u banned him for awhile cos u didnt have a site?

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by DHB View Post
    wait...so you're a bookmaker coming to a gambling site asking for advice??
    and what do u mean by u banned him for awhile cos u didnt have a site?

Topo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Taking bets is low risk if your volume is high enough. In the short term, however, you are exposed to huge losses, especially if you only have a few customers. I would advise you to only take bets you can stomach losing or that you can hedge elsewhere.

jodog
    jodog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

If your nervous, why not lay off at better price.

To be honest if someone is betting prices like 1.20 then they will lose overall. certainly shouldnt clean you out

shevabets
    GEROSKIPOU B'TCH
    shevabets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Find an investor; this is clearly +EV you just need a fat bank account to keep going long enough

spyros1993
    spyros1993's Avatar Become A Pro!

hehe, I hope it is a joke, right ? or you have online bookmaker and ask real here ?