PoohBah
    PoohBah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Completely new and Looking for help

Hello I have been getting more and more into the analytical side of sports and I was curious about making a model and using it to possible bet games.

As i said I'm a complete noob and would appreciate any guidance possible

Anything really sites that are good, advice I would appreciate it all thanks again

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Probably would get a little more help if you asked for more specific things.
    Welcome to the site.
    Only advice I can offer is stay away from the general thread plays in players talk. Listen to why they like/don't like a play, but do not tail "locks" or anything of the sort.

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

good luck, but this is a market in which most mistakes are learned the hardway. start with a fixed bankroll and make wagers of 1% to get a feel. the spread, head-to-head, roster changes, injuries, scheduling, previous outcomes, location, days of rest, let down spots and what side is taking the most money are all equally important. with all of those factors im on Ball St. +7 tonite. which sport are you looking to start with?

PoohBah

Thanks guys and I'm not so much into the betting right now as i am the things that go into making a successful bettor, I want to start and really only get into NBA and possibly other sports far later down the road.

I'm looking for technical help like using programs to make models and stuff like that

Any advice on NBA betting would be good too and/or reliable sites

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

i dont post much, but this guy actually is genuine of gettin a foundation to win. But if u want technical help like using excel, or other programs to make models to calculate? this isnt the site to ask lol. Most ppl here arent successful professionals, rather than jus recreational jokesters. This is a rough market to get any real help, simply because the few ppl who has their shit/bankroll rolling for years with the formula they worked so hard to obtain, simply keeps to themselves. With that being said, i can actually help with every little detail when it comes to nfl and mlb for technicality, dynamics and zoning in on 90%+. But not nba tho, there's huge swings and posessions form game to game, and im not the person to explain how that variance works. I dont know any who can methodically explain to me how the nba works still, with the same success rate i get from mlb and nfl. Its simply not worth it for me, IMO. But as far as helpful sites? there isnt much, most public sites are cluttered with degenerates teaching and influencing each other how to lose. Simple as that, they constantly chase and spot-bet on random sports hoping to get lucky, and cheer on like lunatics when they get on a winning streak. I hope this can give you some light.

-Tizzy

PoohBah

I really appreciate this and i played poker for years now and understand variance, only other sport i would get into is MLB and yes making models and stuff interests me since I want to learn to code and design stuff.

thanks you and id be willing to talk mlb actually