Jas
    Jas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Total Newbie likes to play Parlays

Hello!

I'm a newbie better.

Currently, I'm getting murdered on my parlays. I started at topbet, but I switched to 5dimes after I read some articles.

I only pay soccer/football, but I've missed about 8 parlays already. My last parlay was 10 team, and I hit 6 out of 7 so far with 3 pending. The bet is already a loss because one of my games ended as a draw.

Any advice on what I can do when playing parlays? I feel good about my picks but I always play 7 to 13 team parlays and miss hitting by 1 or 3 choices.

Any good alternative to parlays for picking multiple games??

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had a few winning parlays these few weeks. I usually take ML fav's that I think actually have a shot at winning, not just a book posting a -160 or something like that.

Usually take 5 or 6 making the overall parlay play + money, then bet 1% of the account balance to grind my way up

Jas

So that's how it's done?

I should be betting 4 to 5 team parlays at lower risk, until I get some money?

I have been doing the other way, I have been playing a 8 or 10 team parlay in order to hit big, then I can play around with the money I might win.

My latest Parlay is the following:

Pending 4/4/12 8:45pm South America Soccer 504 Flamengo (Copa-Liber) +140* vs Emelec (Copa-Liber)
    Pending 4/4/12 8:50pm South America Soccer 507 Santos (Copa-Liber) +258* vs Internacional (Copa-Liber)
    Pending 4/4/12 8:50pm South America Soccer 510 Universidad Catolica (Copa-Liber) +171* vs Atletico Junior (Copa-Liber)
    Pending 4/4/12 9:00pm USA MLS Soccer 402 Salt Lake (USA-MLS) -245* vs Montreal Impact (USA-MLS)
    Pending 4/5/12 8:30pm USA MLS Soccer 352 Dallas (USA-MLS) -119* vs New England (USA-MLS)
    Pending 4/4/12 8:00pm Venezuela Soccer 1405 Caracas (VEN) -129* vs Zamora (VEN)

My biggest worry here is Santos and Dallas. Santos because they're playing a good team Away, and Dallas because MLS scares the **** out of me!

I also have the bet below in my parlay, but I didn't list it above because it's my only 98% 'slam dunk' pick:

4/5/12 12:00pm
    Denmark Soccer 611 FC Copenhagen (DEN-S) -131*
    vs Brondby (DEN-S)

soul786

Well I don't hit them BIG as in bet 10 to win 900 or something but I'm happy with the fact I don't risk much and build my BR rather than stringing losses together and stressin me out.

Works for me, maybe not for all. Don't take it as THE WAY to do it. There is no right way, it just works for how I like to play things

cjwatsonfan32
    Emma Mackey does it for me and idk why
    cjwatsonfan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

frankly IMO you are picking too many soccer games. theres a great chance that if you pick 6 soccer games one of those ends in a draw. i mean parlays are a sucker bet anyways but your missing them because 1. too many teams and 2. draws are losses.

Teamprofit101
    Gmail
    Teamprofit101's Avatar Become A Pro!

f you can hit 6 out of 7 games... put a little bit of money on the parlay and play each game individually.

your losing because of 1 or 2 games....in the long run since your picking more winners than losers focus more on capping each game and put small amount on parlay

soul786

Quote Originally Posted by Teamprofit101 View Post
    your losing because of 1 or 2 games...
    That's the downfall playing parlays; 1 team takes you out of the whole bet. The profit potential can look huge but there's a reason books stay alive; otherwise everyone would be cashing thousands a night.

pizzabread
    pizzabread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I'm a total newb too and for now mostly just playing individual games (which I think is always the smarter move). Just played one small parlay for tomorrow with two games. Although the payout won't be huge if it hits, I agree with soul, its a relatively safe way to pad your BR.

Jas

Thanks for the feedback!

You're right, I'm playing way too many teams. I'm parlayed out for the week. My last parlay just died before it could even really get started. It seems like there's ALWAYS a draw or an UPSET somewhere in my big parlays. Going to try to max out at 4 to 5 teams from now on at a lower profit. Probably will stay away from anything that doesn't seem like a 90% sure thing.

SupSup
    SupSup's Avatar Become A Pro!

I get destroyed by my parlays as well. I used to pick 6-10 categories with minimal results . Then I start lowering my selection....now I go with what I feel comfortable....often time 2-3 teams. So far, it has been a lot better than going crazy with 10 selection on 1 parlay. =)

Inovated
    Inovated's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

I would start off only doing a parlay from 4-6 teams at the most I find that I'm more successful betting this way! First time I did a parlay on UFC for 12 fights I hit 8/12 so now I stick to 4-6 at the most.Best way is to bet individual plays and bet small -medium on parlays