Poised
    Poised's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Point spread?

I am confused about this. I am new and placed a bet for the Knicks -10 and they won so I won that bet. Today I picked the Lakers -10 and they also won, but I lost this bet? What's going on. I also won with kansas vs Ohio for +3, even though they got only 2 more. How did that occur?

Please help.

Punter101
    Punter101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Quote Originally Posted by Poised View Post
    I am confused about this. I am new and placed a bet for the Knicks -10 and they won so I won that bet. Today I picked the Lakers -10 and they also won, but I lost this bet? What's going on. I also won with kansas vs Ohio for +3, even though they got only 2 more. How did that occur?

Please help.
    Don't bet on something you don't understand. The way point spread works is after the final siren the points are deducted or added onto that teams total to get the new final score eg in that knicks game vs the cavs they won 91-75 so the final score after the knicks -10 is 81-75 which means you won the bet.

Lakers won 120-112 but after the point spread has been accounted for and lakers have 10 points deducted from them hence the -10 the final score would be Lakers 110-112 GSW which means the warriors won and you lose your bet.

As for the last game i'm not sure who has the +3 but you have to add it to the teams final score to get the new score after point spread has been accounted for.

Do yourself a favour and go read some basic definitions and put them in examples before you start losing money and if you need anymore help just ask in this forum. Now go learn

Poised
    Poised's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Thank you. Despite this mistake I made I have been making good guesses (some of which thanks to this site. Thank you) for the team that would win in general. Does this site let you keep track of guesses?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

yes, we each have a tracking spreadsheet http://poised.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/

Click your name and you will see a link to MySBR, find it there.

LOL@ "guesses". At least your honest.

Punter101

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

LOL@ "guesses". At least your honest.
    nba is tricky as opposed to football/soccer which is more predictable. still

Punter101

Quote Originally Posted by Poised View Post
    Thank you. Despite this mistake I made I have been making good guesses (some of which thanks to this site. Thank you) for the team that would win in general. Does this site let you keep track of guesses?
    Money management and extensive research and sharing thoughts on this forum. top 3 rules to abide by