mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Where can I find stats on pace and # of possessions?

I am looking for statistics somewhere that will help with college and NBA pace and average number of possessions per game. Does anyone know where I can find these?

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

NBA possessions per game : http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...sions-per-game

I'm not vouching for the accuracy of this. A simple google search pulled it up.

mcduggly

Yea I tried searching it but found nothing. Thanks for the link though, I appreciate it.

langlover
    langlover's Avatar Become A Pro!

kenpom.com is one of the best. He consistently beats totals with these stats.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by langlover View Post
    kenpom.com is one of the best. He consistently beats totals with these stats.
    So when I look at those stats, which one(s) do I want to focus on? Like which number(s) tell me most about the probability of how a team is going to score in a given night?

halleBB
    halleBB's Avatar Become A Pro!

you must focus on the results that have been in the past between those two teams(players), maybe you'll find a pattern but I doubt it, or just make a short research on how a match runs in the league you are interested, for example a common thing for soccer matches from Bundesliga is that the total of goals is 3+, and at least 1 in FH

nflguru1
    nflguru1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3266

teamrankings is the best