jones24
    jones24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

A question i have on moneybookers money limit.

I know that MB places a limit that you're allowed to withdraw to your bank account over a 90 day period. The reason they give for this limit is to prevent money laundering. I'm curious though suppose you win that money thru betting and it exceeds the limit placed on your MB withdrawl limit. Could MB make an exception and allow you to transfer everything?

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27642

Wouldn't that defeat the whole point of the limit?

Wouldn't every money launderer simply tell them they won the money thru betting?

jones24

Hey comeon the last i checked they show you where the source of the money comes from. Like when i put money back into my MB account from Bet365 it shows the source as bet365. Therefore how can it be possible for the money to be laundered money?

Could you then explain this?

Krashman

That is exactly how 'crooks' launder money.

Say a drug dealer has $100000 from drug sales, he wants to launder it and make it look more legit.

So he deposits the dirty drug money to Bet365 (lol...) and makes a few bets, wins $1000, then loses $1200, then cashes out $98800.

"Hey LOOK, I won it all gambling" says the "gambler", showing off the freshly laundered, crisp, clean gambling proceeds.

It isn't drug money anymore, it's gambling winnings!

See, that's why MB has limits and won't change them just because you claim you won it all gambling.

Do you get it now?

Somehow I don't think you will....
    Last edited by Krashman; 10-20-11 at 10:16 PM.

jones24

Thanks for a response that took a few days.

Well if that's the case what do ppl that win big money have to do if MB is the only way to withdraw money to their bank accounts?

BeardedTaco
    BeardedTaco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

just deposit 4 figures on 1 or 2 sites and ask them to upgrade you to VIP status and they will take off your limits

Krashman

Quote Originally Posted by jones24 View Post
    Well if that's the case what do ppl that win big money have to do if MB is the only way to withdraw money to their bank accounts?
    Books may require that you withdraw what you deposited, back to MB.

Then you may have more options, most books will send a check, for example.

jones24

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedTaco View Post
    just deposit 4 figures on 1 or 2 sites and ask them to upgrade you to VIP status and they will take off your limits

Dude it has nothing to do with the sites. I'm sure the sites don't have limits to withdrawal. It's MB that's the problem since they impose limits.

jones24

Quote Originally Posted by Krashman View Post
    Books may require that you withdraw what you deposited, back to MB. Then you may have more options, most books will send a check, for example.
    Yeah that's what most do i suppose. Like take another site BI and 365 for eg. If you deposited via bank transfer they'll send it back to you via bank transfer. I know they could change the method if you requested it. For 365 they have express bank transfer but it's only free every 90 days i think.