Santo4osu
    Santo4osu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 249

Why is Kent State a -10.5 UNDERDOG?

I love Kent State in the Upset role here!
    They are 10-5 ATS on the road!
    Also Colorado is 1-6 when being the Favorite in the NIT Tournament.
    I Love Kent St!

Good Luck!

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I agree. I will even sprinkle a little on the ML. I'm from the Kent area. Their PG Porrini can play

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

good,, let it be....i will be on Kent....just worried bout vegas trying to pull us in...but i think Kent stays close and covers

jahred6999
    jahred6999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm all in on Kent state!

Santo4osu

The Public is all over Colorado!
    This line should be around 5

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

not happening

i meant kent ml not + pts
    Last edited by Crayzee; 03-22-11 at 03:04 PM.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Quote Originally Posted by Santo4osu View Post
    The Public is all over Colorado!
    This line should be around 5
    Judging by the line movement (-9 to -10.5), the money's on the Buffs too.

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

Ken st tired legs and Colorado on a mission.

Colorado wins by 14

FeelinJuiced
    FeelinJuiced's Avatar Become A Pro!

10.5 is a lot of points to put up in a tourny even if it isn't the big dance. Gotta go with Kent on this one. BOL to everyone!!

Santo4osu

Kent State is playing great ball!
    Colorado's Guard Nate Tomlinson is very doubtful tonight!
    He isn't a huge scorer but does play around 30 minutes each game.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

kent state has been my atm all year!

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

This is why the -10.5

One big buffalo-sized roadblock is standing in the way of Kent State’s path to Madison Square Garden.
    To advance to the Final Four of the National Invitation Tournament, the Golden Flashes need to find a way to get past Colorado in tonight’s NIT quarterfinal game at the Coors Events Center in Boulder.
    That means beating one of the two remaining No. 1 seeds in the field and arguably the best team not to receive a bid to the NCAA Tournament.
    It also means trying to handle 6-foot-6 Colorado sophomore Alec Burks, who is a little more than three months away from a likely lottery selection in the 2011 NBA Draft.
    “Alec Burks is the most talented individual player we’ve seen all year,” said KSU head coach Geno Ford. “Hopefully we can find some way to hold him to what would be an average shooting night for him. We are not going to blank him. He is going to get his points, but he can’t explode on us or we will have a real problem.”
    Burks is just one explosive element in a molotov cocktail that is averaging better than 80 points per game.
    The starting lineup includes Burks at 20.4 points per game, 6-5 guard Cory Higgins at 16.2 points per game and 6-7 Marcus Relphorde at 11.3 per game. Another 6-5 guard, Levi Knutson, averages better than 11 per game off the bench.
    “Colorado is one of the most dynamic offensive teams we’ll ever see,” said Ford. “They have more guys who can break you down than anyone we’ve played, including a guy who is probably an NBA lottery pick, which is something we don’t play against a whole lot. We are going to have to play at a high level defensively to make it up.”
    Playing close to perfect, a feat very nearly accomplished against Fairfield when the seventh-seeded Flashes forced the Stags into the shots they wanted and executed almost flawlessly against one of mid-major basketball’s best defenses, may not be good enough to upset Colorado.
    “That game we played Sunday was as well as we’ve played for quite a while,” said Ford. “We executed offensively. We executed defensively. The whole thing couldn’t have gone much better, and we are going to have to play at least that well again to have a chance in this one.”
    If the Flashes go small, fifth-year senior Rodriquez Sherman could draw the difficult assignment of trying to slow down Burks. That won’t be easy considering an extended postseason that is wearing down Sherman’s surgically repaired knees. Add in an ankle injury suffered a week and a half ago in the MAC championship game, and Sherman is certain to need some help from his teammates.
    Bruising point guard Michael Porrini could be an option to guard Burks, but in a small lineup, his ability to guard bigger opponents may lead to a matchup with the 6-7 Relphorde. Like Sherman, Porrini may be playing at less than full strength after sitting out the last nine minutes of the Fairfield game with concussion symptoms following a violent collision.
    Porrini had just one day to rest and KSU found just one day to prepare for Colorado after playing on Sunday and then flying west for its 8,000th mile of its current NIT tour. The Buffaloes have been off since Friday when they advanced with a second-round win over California.
    “Colorado was the first team left out of the NCAA Tournament, so they’ve been playing with a chip on their shoulder trying to prove they belonged,” said Ford. “I think our kids have been playing with a chip on their shoulder, too, after that tough ending in our conference tournament (losing to Akron in the championship game by one point in overtime). Hopefully we are still focused on the task at hand. It’s going to be a difficult task, but our guys really want to keep extending our season.”

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

the road games they have been playing (2nd game out west after coming east), plus elevation in boulder. the line is wrong but you do your own math on how these 19 year olds will react in this spot. if yur guessin' yur gamblin', that's what u got here.. good luck!

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Colorado is so shitty on defense, I don't see how you can bet KSU but logistics are certainly against them

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24956

Quote Originally Posted by Santo4osu View Post
    Kent State is playing great ball!
    Colorado's Guard Nate Tomlinson is very doubtful tonight!
    He isn't a huge scorer but does play around 30 minutes each game.

Agree; hoping double digits is enough to get the cover.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Colorado is so shitty on defense, I don't see how you can bet KSU but logistics are certainly against them

GTforme
    Saving the planet... one wager @ a time!
    GTforme's Avatar Become A Pro!

Balco10,

Thanks for posting that article... big help!

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

not a whole lot to choose from tonight in college or nba. I would take the points on the Colorado game if playing it. Just passing the entire card tonight.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

I have no clue!! Kent State hasn't lost by double digits in over 2 months. They played Florida really close on the road earlier in the year. Kenpom has Colorado only winning by 6. Spread seems wacky.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by CMNoney View Post
    I have no clue!! Kent State hasn't lost by double digits in over 2 months. They played Florida really close on the road earlier in the year. Kenpom has Colorado only winning by 6. Spread seems wacky.
    kenpom has it at 6 because it's counting it as a neutral game instead of a home game for Colorado. See for yourself.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Colorado has overwhelming size advantage and the Mile high thin air.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Kent state worn down, maybe out of gas, going against the best team in the nit, with lots of rest, and on a mission. Spread seems right on to me.

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colorado by double digits, which means bet the farm against me because at the moment I couldnt pick my freakin nose.

Mahowny82
    Mahowny82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5041

Hope Kent state wins this one!
    Last edited by Mahowny82; 03-22-11 at 08:39 PM.

contra
    contra's Avatar Become A Pro!

Out of 5 sites I just visited 3 were on Colo ~53%, but one of the other two on Kent. by 66%.
    If you categorized that as public...

powerhouse
    powerhouse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I thought they were the best play of the night...Go Kent ST.....

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HR Paperstacks View Post
    Colorado by double digits, which means bet the farm against me because at the moment I couldnt pick my freakin nose.
    I suck but at least Im wise enough to know that I suck and gave you guys the opportunity to fade.