BigTenBets10
    BigTenBets10's Avatar Become A Pro!

How Injured is Kemba Walker?

How injured is Kemba Walker? They made a big fuss about him during the game and how he kept looking at and shaking his wrist after he was fouled hard. Anyone heard the extent of his wrist injury? What impact if any does his apparent injury have on the line? Any insight is welcome. I am leaning Uconn right now at -1.5 even if kemba has a sore wrist.

forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Been wondering the same thing, as I am pounding UConn to beat the Aztecs. From what I've read, I'd say the injury is not bad at all. The fact that he finished the second half so strongly after hurting it in the first half, and taking the tape off even during that time out, makes me think it was just a bad tweak. Gotta imagine that four days rest will fix things up no problem.

I'm more worried about SDSU's ability to dominate in the paint and UConn's weak defense, even though they have picked things up as of late. Plus SDSU has several shooters that can make points and UConn seems to be a one man show, more or less. But I have to go against SDSU and take the more experienced team that has beaten better opponents and is really peaking at the perfect time. SDSU really got lucky just to make it past the first round of 32.

They will have "home court" advantage though, which is the only reason I see this line so damn close. I would have thought UConn would be at least a 3 pt favorite or so.

Fed_42420
    Fed_42420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 227

It takes luck to win this tourney, if you think SDS has it then u should hammer them!!! GL!!

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

He is 100% healthy and ready to put up atleast 30 and have the game of his life. BANK ON IT!

All UCONN has heard all week is how bad the Big East is. This will be a statement game. Never believe anyone if they say a player is injured. Usually that player has a great game anyway.

I see this game as being very similar to the Cincy game. Cincy and SD State are very similar teams. Both Cincy and SD State have very good big men and post players. Only difference is SD State plays in a weaker conference so they had a much better record than Cincy. The guard play will be the difference in this game which heavily favors UCONN. The big guys down low I give a slight advantage to SD State but UCONN has a good rebounding team and good post players both offensive and defensively as well.

The only concern I have about this game is that the Public is pounding UCONN heavily.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Kemba Train until I fall off

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Uconn is a talented, but young team. San Diego St. is playing close to home and are capable of winning this game. Kemba Walker will be a key as always with Uconn games. If he falters at all, Uconn waves goodbye.

BigTenBets10
    BigTenBets10's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with everything that you have said in this post. Uconn is the better team, they play in a better conference and Kemba should be just fine. This game will be very close though and the "homecourt" advantage makes me slightly worried, but not enough to avoid jumping on the kemba train until it derails. I would hate to bet against Uconn and have it slap me in the face, they are playing solid basketball right now and are on a roll. I agree that cincy and sdsu are very similar teams athletically and size wise, so I think that Uconn will be ready for the challenge. Best of luck to everyone and go Huskies!!!