Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another End of Game Debacle

It pays to have a real pissy face(AZ's Coach). It got Arizona some help in the last 10 seconds. If it was the Butt/Pitt game, there would have been five foul call on Texas' last drive.

Bad coaching by Texas too.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

If they called fouls last night, they have to call a foul with all that contact in this game. Unreal.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

No time left when there was contact.

Jonah

Same Ref that got kicked out of the Big East tourney for not reffing the full 40 minutes.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

The fact that they were calling all the little contacts fouls down the stretch in this game, they have to call that one at the end.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would like to see someone run a stop clock on that texas inbounds play, seemed like a quick 5

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Did you guys see the Texas girl crying?

That was priceless.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

You cant win, yesterday refs call fouls at end of game, people are mad, today refs dont call fouls at end of game people are mad. although i do think a foul should of been called at the end

Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    i would like to see someone run a stop clock on that texas inbounds play, seemed like a quick 5
    A lot of contact too, but real poorly designed play, so not sure what Texas truly deserved.

Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    You cant win, yesterday refs call fouls at end of game, people are mad, today refs dont call fouls at end of game people are mad. although i do think a foul should of been called at the end
    Consistency would win...at least within a game.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

That was a quick ass 5 second count

sinister
    sinister's Avatar Become A Pro!

No debacle. Brown took a bad shot if any foul occured which it may not have, it was after time expired. Texas player made a bad decision by not calling the TO earlier and this is all avoidable. Players making bad decisions so far is a theme.

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had Arizona here and Texas 100% got fcked!!! Simple as that!! Some of these refs should not be referring

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11941

never seen a 5 count determine a game like that, shouldn't have anyway, lots of contact on that final frive to the basket.

reffing is quickly becoming the highlight of the tourney, not good.

Jonah

Ha just saw that end of Washington game. They didn't check the clock there?! They love checking the clock...at all kinds of stupid times.

jgray

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Consistency would win...at least within a game.
    This is my point. I hated last night's result because the last foul was a nothing play 85 feet from the basket. This one was on the shot (all sorts of body contact on the first shot) so it has to be called. Also in-game consistency would be nice. On the and-one for AZ there was a little contact to the legs and a foul called. On the last play the guy hits him from behind in the torso, no call. That can't happen in the same game, let alone in 30 seconds on back-to-back possessions.

Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by Powderguy View Post
    That was a quick ass 5 second count
    Ref was pumped. Has been dying to make that call for years.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Guys, once the count gets to 4 seconds, you can't call timeout. You have to throw the ball in before 5. The ref counted 4 and was about to call 5 when the player asked for time but it was too late. He tried to call timeout at 4.5 seconds. You can't do that anymore in college basketball. That's the rule. It was the right call.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post

There were 2 fouls on texas shots that were NOT called... shooting fouls.

This wasn't matt howard rebounding the ball with 0.5 seconds left.

jgray

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Guys, once the count gets to 4 seconds, you can't call timeout. You have to throw the ball in before 5. The ref counted 4 and was about to call 5 when the player asked for time but it was too late. He tried to call timeout at 4.5 seconds. You can't do that anymore in college basketball. That's the rule. It was the right call.
    Yes. You are correct. THAT one was OK. The others????

Jonah

Crazy thing tho - is I would be willing to bet that had Texas taken the charge like they could and should have on that game winning bucket, the refs would not have had the guts to call the charge. AZ coach was in there heads.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Finally someone knows the rules.

The last play was a judgment call whether the second effort was at the buzzer or before it.

This complaining is getting tiresome.

nyjets15
    nyjets15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post
    If they called fouls last night, they have to call a foul with all that contact in this game. Unreal.
    Matt Howard WAS fouled.....that has nothing to do with the game today.

jgray

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Finally someone knows the rules. The last play was a judgment call whether the second effort was at the buzzer or before it. This complaining is getting tiresome.
    So is the awful officiating....

Jonah

I didn't have that much of a prob with that call...Syracuse player just tackled Marquette player to the ground and they called it on Marquette. Ref prob just had bad angle. I have Marq. but I can live with mistakes, just not with bad logic, or refs having their own set of rules.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Same Ref that got kicked out of the Big East tourney for not reffing the full 40 minutes.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

So is the awful officiating....
    We're talking about questionable calls that could go either way.

The Henson non-goaltend call was terrible but had no affect on the game. Everything else I've seen is opinion.

jgray

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets15 View Post
    Matt Howard WAS fouled.....that has nothing to do with the game today.
    I'm not arguing with you there. It was a foul. I just question whether a foul should be called with less than a second to go 85 feet from the basket in a tie game. In this game, the Texas kid was shooting and got fouled. I think that has to be called. If they didn't swallow the whistle last night, they can't here. That's my point.

Jonah

Finally someone knows the rules.

The last play was a judgment call whether the second effort was at the buzzer or before it.

This complaining is getting tiresome.
    Some of it warrants complaining. I had Pitt ML and -2. I had everything to lose there, but that just was what it was. Didn't formally complain about that... But guys I'm on a great run right now, there have been tons of controversial and crazy endings. Have not been on the winning side on one of them Should of had Wash = pts, but had ML.

I had Mich + a million and VCU tho.

jgray

We're talking about questionable calls that could go either way. The Henson non-goaltend call was terrible but had no affect on the game. Everything else I've seen is opinion.
    Then the game of basketball sucks. In my mind, there's much more consistency to the way fouls should be called. If contact while shooting might or might not be a foul how is this any better than figure skating?

Jonah

Then the game of basketball sucks. In my mind, there's much more consistency to the way fouls should be called. If contact while shooting might or might not be a foul how is this any better than figure skating?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Players and coaches are freezing up late in these games, I guess the pressure of the game

Pro s do not freeze up

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

This just in...Questionable calls happen in every sport.

zgates
    zgates's Avatar Become A Pro!

It pays to have a real pissy face(AZ's Coach). It got Arizona some help in the last 10 seconds. If it was the Butt/Pitt game, there would have been five foul call on Texas' last drive.

Bad coaching by Texas too.
    rick barnes has long been considered by people who know there sh*t to be one of the worst coaches in ncaabb

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I have to say the way Texas had their game coached down the stretch, they are possibly the worst big time program 'coaching wise' in the NCAA. Pitt has been horrible in big spots, but when do they NOT stink in the tourney and under impress?
    First - you're letting a FRESHMAN imbound the ball. Really? I think the ref came out a 1/2 a tick ahead of the 5 count. 2nd, 12ish seconds left and your 'guy taking the shot' is walking it up the court? That's on the coach. UNdefensable. Yeah, that game wiped me out, but well done by Zona.. Sigh, I should know better. They either go out in the first round or play for it all ala Lute Olson days. Backbreaking loss for TX. Stupid coach=stupid players.

12 Last