aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

ha i can't believe this is a pick,... uconn is no temple

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

UConn's guards should destroy SDST's. Key for Huskies is their frontcourt playing well and not getting into foul trouble.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I actually make this line Connecticut -2 on a neutral court. They have BEATEN more quality teams this season than San Diego State has FACED!

In fact, Aztecs have faced just one major conference school all year, and that was very mediocre California team that proved nothing.

All that said, if you consider this a "home" game for SDSU, then line is right on according to my numbers.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pittsburgh had beaten more quality teams this season than Butler had faced.

Louisville had beaten more quality teams this season than Morehead had faced.

St. Johns had beaten more quality teams this season than Gonzaga had faced.

And by the way, the Mountain West is more of a major conference than the Pac 10 these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I actually make this line Connecticut -2 on a neutral court. They have BEATEN more quality teams this season than San Diego State has FACED!

In fact, Aztecs have faced just one major conference school all year, and that was very mediocre California team that proved nothing.

All that said, if you consider this a "home" game for SDSU, then line is right on according to my numbers.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    Pittsburgh had beaten more quality teams this season than Butler had faced.

Louisville had beaten more quality teams this season than Morehead had faced.

St. Johns had beaten more quality teams this season than Gonzaga had faced.
    And those three Big East teams were all favored. This is a different dynamic as there is no line value with SDST at a Pick facing the best team they have faced all year.

And by the way, the Mountain West is more of a major conference than the Pac 10 these days.
    Then I stand corrected, Aztecs have faced NO major conference teams.

But seriously, while the MWC has now passed the SEC on the Pomeroy Rankings, it is ranked right below the Pac-10.

creazntee
    SBR PRONoun
    creazntee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good one

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

UConn is def the play here. SDSU has an absolute idiot of a coach in Steve Fisher. They should have been beaten by Temple very easily. I'll ride Kemba Walker with the better coach at a pick any day of the week if they are playing a Steve Fisher coached team

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Leaning UConn...

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

This is the time you ride good coaches.

UConn or no bet.

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Could not have put it better myself!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    UConn is def the play here. SDSU has an absolute idiot of a coach in Steve Fisher. They should have been beaten by Temple very easily. I'll ride Kemba Walker with the better coach at a pick any day of the week if they are playing a Steve Fisher coached team
    Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    This is the time you ride good coaches.

UConn or no bet.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why don't you go ahead and pull that big east rooster out of your mouth. I would ride Uconn if I were you as well. Connecticut is 1 loss away from making the Big Least look even more bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

dude your ******* clueless. I bet AGAINST Pitt, AGAINST Nova, and AGAINST Marquette (1st round)

Eating Bookies
    Useful idiot
    Eating Bookies's Avatar Become A Pro!

Huskies just cuz I think better coaching will make the difference in this game.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

all you guys that say this a home game for San Diego State.... think again!

People this is California .... people in California don't really care about sports.. especially college sports. This game is in Anaheim that is a few hours from San Diego and even peeps in San Diego ain't really feeling the Aztecs all that much. They are more interested in going to the beach, hiking, smoking weed, chillin in the park..etc...

I doubt many folks in So Cal are die hard Aztecs fans... maybe if this UCLA or USC but not SD State they could care less. Also lets not foreget that SD State got the brakes beat off of them on their own court vs BYU.

UCONN is very similar to BYU where they have a guard that take over a game by himself. The guard play will be the difference in this game. Believe it or not CINCY and SD STATE are very similar teams they both have good big players but they are both lacking in guard play.

UCONN wins this game by 5 or more points. Also Duke wins vs Arizona even though its closer to Arizona territory.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

UConn has impressed me more than SDS. Uconn gonna pass this contest

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post

People this is California .... people in California don't really care about sports.. especially college sports. This game is in Anaheim that is a few hours from San Diego and even peeps in San Diego ain't really feeling the Aztecs all that much. They are more interested in going to the beach, hiking, smoking weed, chillin in the park..etc...

I doubt many folks in So Cal are die hard Aztecs fans... maybe if this UCLA or USC but not SD State they could care less. Also lets not foreget that SD State got the brakes beat off of them on their own court vs BYU.

UCONN is very similar to BYU where they have a guard that take over a game by himself. The guard play will be the difference in this game. Believe it or not CINCY and SD STATE are very similar teams they both have good big players but they are both lacking in guard play.

UCONN wins this game by 5 or more points. Also Duke wins vs Arizona even though its closer to Arizona territory.
    LOL.......you're a complete buffoon!! Why so many people try to hate on SoCal is beyond me...........although I'm pretty sure it's because they are stuck in the fukin snow of the east coast and midwest, miserable humidity of the south, have fat chicks with sewer mouths, and basically are stuck wishing they could live in San Diego, Orange County, Manhatten Beach, etc. etc. Keep dreaming haters!!!

BTW.......on Thursday........Honda Center will have thousands & thousands of SDSU fans in the house. SoCal as a whole will support SDSU. So, yes, there will be a "home" court advantage for SDSU.
    Last edited by William Walters; 03-20-11 at 11:03 PM.

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

Because Major conference schools are the best teams right? Why is there even a Tourney? Good logic.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Haha Mendoza goes to school in San Diego and he is talking about about East Coast bias while he defends them with righteous indignation and pseudo reasoning like "they are 34-2"

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Qtip View Post
    Because Major conference schools are the best teams right
    Um....YES!

That's why they are major conferences to begin with, and why major conference school almost always win the National Championship. The last non-major team to win the championship was UNLV way back in the Larry Johnson days, and that team had already proven itself vs. major competition, which is something San Diego State has not done yet.

Why is there even a Tourney?
    Based on past results, to determine which is the best MAJOR conference team in the county. Sure, teams have made Cinderella runs like Butler, but all those team have lost in the end.

Good logic.
    Thanks, I thought so too.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Sdsu wins

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

SDSU could barely put away Temple. We talkin about Temple. UCONN to the bank baby.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

Both Pomeroy and Sagarin have SDSU rated about 2 points better. Nate Silver's system gives SDSU almost a 70% chance of winning this game. This line is based almost entirely on public perception.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

91% on UConn so far.

Interesting.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    91% on UConn so far.

Interesting.
    Seriously? That is insane.

This feels like bowl game between Oklahoma and Boise St. from a couple years back.

alexn
    alexn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 627

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post

1. Anaheim is 90 minutes, not A FEW HOURS from San Diego.

2. There are 38,000 students at SDSU, and 3 million people living in San Diego, you're telling me there aren't enough fans to fill up a 18,000 capacity Honda Center? There are a bunch of charter busses scheduled to take the fans down on Thursday. I went to watch them play at Long Beach State and the gym was 75% Aztec fans.

3. Try buying tickets for Thursday and see what you come up with. They're going for $300+ and I guarantee you the gym will be >60% SDSU fans.

4. Yes we love going to the beach and "chillin" at the park, but we can do that anytime. You think we're going to pass up an event this big for something we can do anytime?

5. I'm an SDSU alumni so it doesn't count that I'm a die hard fan, but I live in Orange County now and constantly meet SDSU fans who aren't from SD or are affiliated with the University. It used to be just UCLA and USC, but now SDSU is part of the conversation everywhere I go.

6. Yes Kemba is a star and UCONN has the guard advantage, but as you can see from the MWC tourney final we were able to figure out how to stop the 1 man show in Freddette and blow BYU out. No doubt Kemba scores 25 but if the rest of UCONN don't show up it will be SDSU's defense that wins this game.

7. I ran an analysis on your intelligence and have calculated that you have an IQ of 12.
    Last edited by alexn; 03-21-11 at 12:52 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post
    1. Anaheim is 90 minutes, not A FEW HOURS from San Diego.

2. There are 38,000 students at SDSU, and 3 million people living in San Diego, you're telling me there aren't enough fans to fill up a 12,414 capacity Viejas Arena? The arena was sold out almost every game this year, including one against a Division III team. I went to watch them play at Long Beach State and the gym was 75% Aztec fans.

3. Try buying tickets for Thursday and see what you come up with. They're going for $300+ and I guarantee you the gym will be >60% SDSU fans.

4. Yes we love going to the beach and "chillin" at the park, but we can do that anytime. You think we're going to pass up an event this big for something we can do anytime?

5. I'm an SDSU alumni so it doesn't count that I'm a die hard fan, but I live in Orange County now and constantly meet SDSU fans who aren't from SD or are affiliated with the University. It used to be just UCLA and USC, but now SDSU is part of the conversation everywhere I go.

6. Yes Kemba is a star and UCONN has the guard advantage, but as you can see from the MWC tourney final we were able to figure out how to stop the 1 man show in Freddette and blow BYU out. No doubt Kemba scores 25 but if the rest of UCONN don't show up it will be SDSU's defense that wins this game.

7. I ran an analysis on your intelligence and have calculated that you have an IQ of 12.

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

I have no play on the game yet but consider this. One of the big reasons Connecticut is getting so much hype is because they won the Big East tournament by winning 5 games in 5 days. The teams they beat were DePaul (Didn't make the NCAAs), Georgetown (1st round knockout - VCU), Pittsburgh (2nd round knockout - Butler), Syracuse (2nd round knockout - Marquette), and Louisville (1st round knockout - Morehead State). Then, in the NCAAs, they blew out Bucknell and beat Cincinnati, yet another overrated Big East squad. Connecticut was a mediocre squad at best before the Big East tournament, and after beating a bunch of overrated historical chokers, suddenly the hype train is behind Kemba Walker and the Huskies.

I would wait for a better line for SDSU as the public backs Connecticut. Leonard and Gay had poor performances against Temple and I don't expect that to continue. After looking over the positional matchups I may put some action on SDSU if the line moves to around +1.5 or better, and it looks like it might based on early Covers percentages.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by asdfghasdfgh View Post
    I have no play on the game yet but consider this. One of the big reasons Connecticut is getting so much hype is because they won the Big East tournament by winning 5 games in 5 days. The teams they beat were DePaul (Didn't make the NCAAs), Georgetown (1st round knockout - VCU), Pittsburgh (2nd round knockout - Butler), Syracuse (2nd round knockout - Marquette), and Louisville (1st round knockout - Morehead State). Then, in the NCAAs, they blew out Bucknell and beat Cincinnati, yet another overrated Big East squad. Connecticut was a mediocre squad at best before the Big East tournament, and after beating a bunch of overrated historical chokers, suddenly the hype train is behind Kemba Walker and the Huskies.

I would wait for a better line for SDSU as the public backs Connecticut. Leonard and Gay had poor performances against Temple and I don't expect that to continue. After looking over the positional matchups I may put some action on SDSU if the line moves to around +1.5 or better, and it looks like it might based on early Covers percentages.
    Good post.

ND25
    ND25's Avatar Become A Pro!

i can't pick against UConn at this point.

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

SD St is the worst shooting team ive seen in a long time there mid range jump shots from the free throw line look awful they literally cant shoot and leonard forces way too much if it wasnt for their fast break Temple prob would have won not sayin im playin uconn but I dont trust Sd St

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why don't you go ahead and pull that big east rooster out of your mouth. I would ride Uconn if I were you as well. Connecticut is 1 loss away from making the Big Least look even more bad.

lol big east rooster....getting hostile in here huh??

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    LOL.......you're a complete buffoon!! Why so many people try to hate on SoCal is beyond me...........although I'm pretty sure it's because they are stuck in the fukin snow of the east coast and midwest, miserable humidity of the south, have fat chicks with sewer mouths, and basically are stuck wishing they could live in San Diego, Orange County, Manhatten Beach, etc. etc. Keep dreaming haters!!!

BTW.......on Thursday........Honda Center will have thousands & thousands of SDSU fans in the house. SoCal as a whole will support SDSU. So, yes, there will be a "home" court advantage for SDSU.

Socal is a joke when it comes to sports if Socal is so sweet then y do all their high school football players go to boise st... they lost to jimmer not once but twice go lay out in the sun f*g leave sports to the east coast
    Last edited by YOUNGBUCK; 03-21-11 at 03:36 PM.

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

Tough call but should be a great game!

Prop Bet Master
    The road to nowhere leads to me!
    Prop Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Billy Walters on San Diego State!

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Just took sdsu to win that region..aka next 2 games at +350