the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

NC/WSH reffing...

Can they make it any more obvious? Completely one sided with multiple BS calls against the Huskies. I know the game is in Charlotte but still...NC is a complete fraud of a team, Huskies would be running away with this if it wasn't for the refs.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

11 fouls to 2... 3 huskies in foul trouble... was to be expected I guess

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wash coach did a bad job getting his players out of there in the last seconds. That is what smart coaches do. He had great chance when his guy was shooting free's with just a few seconds left.

the_situation

Really considering buying out at half...extremely disgusting because Washington is obviously the better team and the right side...but its hard to win 5 on 8.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Watch the games closely kids then post. Huskies shooting alot of perimeter shots while Tar Heels are more aggresive taking ball to hole. Course that team is going to get more calls Huskies reaching alot. Quit whinning about the refs chumps.

Jonah

Where are all those people like Mayan crying racism at every turn? We have blatant case here. White boy Zoeller getting whatever he wants.

Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Watch the games closely kids then post. Huskies shooting alot of perimeter shots while Tar Heels are more aggresive taking ball to hole. Course that team is going to get more calls Huskies reaching alot. Quit whinning about the refs chumps.
    I had no problem with foul disparity until last two minutes with Zoeller. Just because you have the ball down low doesn't mean your job is over. A player should actually make an athletic play before getting rewarded, not just jumping into people and flailing.

the_situation

Your either from NC or bet on them...take off the teel and white glasses dude. And it's more than just the fouls. Tons of non-calls on obvious fouls by NC.
    Last edited by the_situation; 03-20-11 at 12:15 PM.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

washington players have 2 fouls mostly, the big guy has 3, that's a problem. Heels got 7 points from freethrows. I wish washington would shoot more 3s, the heels are leaving them wide open, and the huskies can drain them. that will take refs out of the equation.

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Spell his name right please and thanks and I hate UNC with a passion but these are all fouls obviously people on here just cry no matter what happens

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I don't care how little a team drives or tries to draw fouls, to foul twice in 20 minutes is nearly impossible. And UNC's 2nd foul came with 20 seconds let in the half. So they only called 1 foul on UNC in 19 and a half minutes.

I haven't seen too many missed fouls by UNC, but there are a lot of fouls that shouldn't have been called on UW. If they called it straight up, I think the foul disparity should be somewhere around 8 on UW and 5 on UNC.

the_situation

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I don't care how little a team drives or tries to draw fouls, to foul twice in 20 minutes is nearly impossible. And UNC's 2nd foul came with 20 seconds let in the half. So they only called 1 foul on UNC in 19 and a half minutes.

I haven't seen too many missed fouls by UNC, but there are a lot of fouls that shouldn't have been called on UW. If they called it straight up, I think the foul disparity should be somewhere around 8 on UW and 5 on UNC.

Finally someone who isn't a complete homer and has actually been watching the game!

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

If Washington wants more fouls then take it to the rim, if you shoot threes then you won't get fouls.

the_situation

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    If Washington wants more fouls then take it to the rim, if you shoot threes then you won't get fouls.
    It's the fouls that have been called on Washington that I have a problem with. Not to mention a few very ticky-tack violations.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Yeah its pretty bad, even this block that was called goaltending. game over

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They want to advance teams with bigger fun base. Happens in baseball too. Yankees get all the calls.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

That last ball was out of bounds off Washington and they got the ball. Oh well....probably won't matter.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    That last ball was out of bounds off Washington and they got the ball. Oh well....probably won't matter.
    no it went off nc look at the replay.

don't matter, the idiot threw the ball away.

k13

Call that goaltend now you stupid refs.

These black players are beyond stupid, seriously. Who the **** tries to goaltend a 3 pointer with 0.5 left.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

NC could have easily been called for goal tending on that buzzer 3.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

you stuck on stupid linedriver watch the replay it was a 2 anyway chump

the_situation

Huskies...had +4

Better team lost but what can you do...one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen but I will gladly take the cover.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10455

Henson definatly had the Wash ML,he did all he could but to no avail.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by MBENZ View Post
    Henson definatly had the Wash ML,he did all he could but to no avail.
    LMAO dropping the half court shot was the dumbest play eva

why did he even touch it?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

When UNC tipped that in-bounds pass it should have been a violation too. He was over the end line.

YOUNGBUCK

He didnt touch the ball at the end it hit the rim plain as day

the_situation

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    When UNC tipped that in-bounds pass it should have been a violation too. He was over the end line.
    yea that was horrible

Really gotta feel for Washington outplaying the other team on their soil going up against the refs too and almost pulling it out.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

fuk half a point. lost the halftime bet, got greedy. won the spread, but then lost the halftime bet.

YOUNGBUCK

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    This guy saw it ppl please stop crying Washington gave the game away and covered get over it

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

beerman is right....the team going to the paint is going to get the foul calls....washington was shooting perimeter shots..therefore fewer fouls on UNC

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

That was one of the worst reffed games I've ever seen. That and Butler last night.

I mean just look at the start of the game, 1 foul in 19.5 minutes???? How about calling a shooting foul with Henson behind the backboard throwing up a prayer? Guys running into Isaiah Thomas and bouncing off and no foul.

How about when that idiot Henson hit the ball and there were 1.4 seconds left in the game but the homecourt North Carolina old boy refs ran it off to .5 seconds? That might sound like picking straws but that's a big difference in being able to set up your shot or take a dribble and taking a shot.

the_situation

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    That was one of the worst reffed games I've ever seen. That and Butler last night.

I mean just look at the start of the game, 1 foul in 19.5 minutes???? How about calling a shooting foul with Henson behind the backboard throwing up a prayer? Guys running into Isaiah Thomas and bouncing off and no foul.

How about when that idiot Henson hit the ball and there were 1.4 seconds left in the game but the homecourt North Carolina old boy refs ran it off to .5 seconds? That might sound like picking straws but that's a big difference in being able to set up your shot or take a dribble and taking a shot.

Agree with everything you said here.

the_situation

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    beerman is right....the team going to the paint is going to get the foul calls....washington was shooting perimeter shots..therefore fewer fouls on UNC
    I highly doubt you watched the game...if you did you must be a NC fan.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Washington coach said it wouldn't have mattered if it was goaltending if it was a 2 or a 3 but then corrected himself and said that's why they didn't protest.

Why didn't they get the correct time on the final shot? I saw it live and thought there was more than 1 second.

the_situation

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Washington coach said it wouldn't have mattered if it was goaltending if it was a 2 or a 3 but then corrected himself and said that's why they didn't protest.

Why didn't they get the correct time on the final shot? I saw it live and thought there was more than 1 second.
    I slomo'ed it on PVR and had it pegged around 1.5 seconds.