Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Why was Pitt a 1 seed?

Losing to Butler? BYU or SDSU shoulda gotten the 1 and Pitt the #3, Big East overrated.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

pitt a #3? you should just stop talking because you know nothing about college basketball.

Ketch
    Ketch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2532

probably knocked a lot out of their brackets

StanleySharp
    StanleySharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

They deserved to be a #1 seed. This is March Madness... let me guess, this must be your first year filling out a bracket?

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Upsets happen. They deserved the #1 seed given to them. Don't forget to give Butler credit, it's not like they're a bad team.

powerhouse
    powerhouse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Best Question I have seen asked so far !! ...Pitt was done when it showed up...If not last night then next week...there not even worth spennding time on !!...Next Question ?...

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

the 3 point shot makes it possible for almost any decent team to beat almost anyone in the tournament. butler did that and pitt was victim. pitt is a better team and would win 8 out of 10 games vs butler, last night wasn't one of them.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

the answer to the original question is: because they determine seeds before the tournament, not based on how you do IN the tournament which would make no sense

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Is the Big East overrated? Yes. They choke in the tournament year in and year out. Was Pitt undeserving of a #1 seed? No. Just because they lost doesn't mean they didn't have one of the 4 strongest seasons of any team in college basketball. Sorry you bet on Pitt/your bracket didn't work out, but them's the breaks.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by Qtip View Post
    Losing to Butler? BYU or SDSU shoulda gotten the 1 and Pitt the #3, Big East overrated.
    Big East overrated?
    You don't watch much basketball do you?

BE was the #1 ranked conference by most everybody who does such rankings, and the Big 10 wasn't really close in the rankings coming in second.

BE #9 seed UCONN could have finished second in most big boy conferences.

Overrated

Qtip

Quote Originally Posted by flocko76 View Post
    pitt a #3? you should just stop talking because you know nothing about college basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanleySharp View Post
    They deserved to be a #1 seed. This is March Madness... let me guess, this must be your first year filling out a bracket?
    Yeah you got me. Fact is, my bracket looks a hell of a lot better than yours.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

obviously an idiot. Butler would probably beat SDSU and BYU handily if they played on a neutral court.

Qtip

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    obviously an idiot. Butler would probably beat SDSU and BYU handily if they played on a neutral court.
    There's always next year champ.

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

makes you wonder if the selection committee will hesitate to give Pitt a #1 in the future, even if they go 28-2 and go 15-3 in the Big East play. I mean. Its getting kinda ridiculous.

I know the past results shouldn't factor into their decisions, but they are only human