sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone going big on UNC ML???

I think UNC continues historic performance at home in the tourney....they haven't been playing that great as of late but still think they take care of UW, who is pretty much a road team in this game.

Thomas is a beast but I think UNC's size and overall talent will get them through this one....anyone else on this one?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

It is probably a pretty safe bet, but Washington is very streaky and if they get hot they can give UNC some trouble. Whatever the over/under on total combined points, I would take the over. This game will combine for AT LEAST 160. Both teams want to run, and both get up and down the court.

Washington can't really match UNC's size, but I'd be a little worried about UNC since they gave up like 90 points to the #15 seed Long Island. If your going to go big on a ML bet tomorrow, I'd go with Purdue. VCU has turned some heads, but no way can they deal with Purdue, they are a whole other breed of a team.

sportman1313

thanks for ur insight and opinion bro.....oooo, i would stay far far away from purdue ML. I've watched plenty of their games this season and many VCU games also....my kid brother actually goes to VCU. They are more than capable of beating Purdue....don't think that they're a fluke of a team by any means. Purdue is solid but are most definitely beatable and VCU can definitely pull the upset there.....no way would I ever play purdue on the ML in that one lol.

BOL to you bro....good luck with ur plays
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    It is probably a pretty safe bet, but Washington is very streaky and if they get hot they can give UNC some trouble. Whatever the over/under on total combined points, I would take the over. This game will combine for AT LEAST 160. Both teams want to run, and both get up and down the court.

Washington can't really match UNC's size, but I'd be a little worried about UNC since they gave up like 90 points to the #15 seed Long Island. If your going to go big on a ML bet tomorrow, I'd go with Purdue. VCU has turned some heads, but no way can they deal with Purdue, they are a whole other breed of a team.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I'd be careful because of UNC's lack of tourney experience. Thomas can really expose the Heels' guards.

With that being said, Washington could be covering the entire game and lose by 6 or 7. We saw it a time or two or 10 today.

Speedy88

Ok thanks for the info, yeah I haven't seen much of VCU other than their two games in the tourney. I think Notre Dame will handle Florida St, but Florida St's defense could slow them down. I just don't think Florida St. has the offense to keep up with ND. But if Notre Dame goes cold from the perimeter, they could be on upset alert.

sportman1313

yeah nocoin, unc's recent performance and young squad do indeed kind of scare me but at NC I just don't see them losing. The last time they lost was in 1979....they haven't been playing all that great though, but I think the refs will make sure they atleast get favoritism in calls and win the game straight up. I haven't watched many ** games but they're in a bad spot here....they're gonna be playing at 9am western time, on the road against UNC and most likely runnin n gunnin....plus, they're very undersized compared to unc and are also inconsistent. i've seen enough of thomas to know how dangerous he is, but if he's cold the team isn't all that good.

speedy88, vcu is flying high right now and have a solid team....they have a very very solid pg in rodriguez, really good 3point shooting, and a surging defense. They live and die by the 3....and if they're on, watch out cuz they can beat any team in my opinion. florida state's offense is as dismal as they come but what a defense they do have....i can see them giving some probs to ND but i'm not too keen on that matchup in all honesty. I'm not all that impressed with ND away from home and haven't been all season...wouldn't be surprised if they do lose, but I just don't see how fl state can do anything offensively to win this one. BOL to ya
    Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'd be careful because of UNC's lack of tourney experience. expose the Heels' guards.

With that being said, Washington could be covering the entire game and lose by 6 or 7. We saw it a time or two or 10 today.
    Ok thanks for the info, yeah I haven't seen much of VCU other than their two games in the tourney. I think Notre Dame will handle Florida St, but Florida St's defense could slow them down. I just don't think Florida St. has the offense to keep up with ND. But if Notre Dame goes cold from the perimeter, they could be on upset alert.

sportman1313

Placed
    Description Risking To Win
    03/19/2011 by ONLINE at 11:04 PM
    [Ticket #: 94399081] STRAIGHT BET
    03/20/2011 @ 09:15 AM CBB [722] NORTH CAROLINA -200
    2000.00 1000.00

Jumping on this now as I see the ML dropping tomorrow.....UNC takes this one. In all honesty, I'd like to go even bigger on this and may possibly due so before the game. For the time being, this is sufficient....BOL all

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post
    Placed
    Description Risking To Win
    03/19/2011 by ONLINE at 11:04 PM
    [Ticket #: 94399081] STRAIGHT BET
    03/20/2011 @ 09:15 AM CBB [722] NORTH CAROLINA -200
    2000.00 1000.00

Jumping on this now as I see the ML dropping tomorrow.....UNC takes this one. In all honesty, I'd like to go even bigger on this and may possibly due so before the game. For the time being, this is sufficient....BOL all
    Good luck man.....If this were a neutral site and not at 9am across the country, I would actually like Washington straight up. But those factors favor UNC big time, so I think you have a good bet going. I think I'm going to watch the 1st half and then possibly make a bet for the 2nd half because this is a really tough game and I'm torn here

sportman1313

Don't like how this game has started for UNC...granted, UNC have not played well in the first half as of late but they're still so careless with the ball, playing pretty bad defense, and not rebounding too well either. UW is playing really motivated out there and I'm actually kind of shocked that there aren't UNC fans there. Stadium is pretty empty.

If MCDONALD can get going....UNC will be just alright in this one
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

Good luck man.....If this were a neutral site and not at 9am across the country, I would actually like Washington straight up. But those factors favor UNC big time, so I think you have a good bet going. I think I'm going to watch the 1st half and then possibly make a bet for the 2nd half because this is a really tough game and I'm torn here

sportman1313

wow...go ahead UNC, keep giving Ross open shots. Unbelievable

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

UNC is heating up here

sportman1313

Indeed they are....and as I suspected, refs are absolutely dogging washington and favoring UNC early in this game. Let's hope this continues throughout the game. They may attempt to keep the game interesting and around the number....not sure how it'll be reffed but I have a very hard time believing that UNC will lose this in NC. If UNC steps up its defensive rebounding, reduces turnovers, and keeps up this pace....they're gonna roll through washington. Hopefully they can stretch this lead out big b4 the half....washington about to be in the double bonus soon
    UNC is heating up here

sportman1313

I suspect that refs will start calling some petty fouls on UNC to end this half to keep the game close and make it appear more impartial.......I hope I am wrong though!

sportman1313

man....kendal marshall may quite possibly be one of the worst passers in the game. Every time this guy dishes the ball, it has a high chance of getting stolen or not reaching the person. Pretty annoying

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Yeah I was pretty high on UW going into the tourney, but this is about as tough a matchup considering all factors that they could have imagined for the 2nd round. I think UNC will definitely win straight up, but it could be closer than everyone thinks

sportman1313

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH......as soon as I post that, he comes off a TV timeout and makes that ridiculous pass! WOW

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Refs are favoring UNC but not that bad. I bet Washington and there were some bad calls but there are always bad calls. Maybe 2-3 going UNC's way and none going washingtons way. Not like last night with Butler and Matty getting every call.

C-Gold

man....kendal marshall may quite possibly be one of the worst passers in the game. Every time this guy dishes the ball, it has a high chance of getting stolen or not reaching the person. Pretty annoying
    That's UNC.

He makes a LOT of mistakes, but also has some cool alley opps and highlight sportscenter plays. That's what these kids play for. 3 mistakes but 1 cool pass that gets on sportscenter and they are happy with it.

C-Gold

OK that was another bad call on the defensive rebound there that handed UNC 2 points.

sportman1313

I am very surprised in how badly UNC is getting outrebounded and killed in the paint.....no way the refs let UNC lose this game straight up though. I may pound the heck out of UNC at half.....but then again, refs could very well have been reffing this in a way to get ppl to pound unc at half only to even up the reffing in 2nd half and fully favor washington

C-Gold

That was only the 2nd call against North Carolina in the half???? Holy crap. That's favoritism. I think they haven't been that aggressive but that's BS

sportman1313

I won huge on butler last night but I will be the first to admit the fishy reffing that favored them throughout the game. Absolutely absurd and really felt bad for pitt backers.

n'diaye with 3 fouls now....UNC will win this game for sure unless washington go absolutely bananas with their shooting and UNC go absolutely cold. It's clear that refs want UNC to win this one....well, the first half indicated this. The 2nd half can be a different story, although I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Refs are favoring UNC but not that bad. I bet Washington and there were some bad calls but there are always bad calls. Maybe 2-3 going UNC's way and none going washingtons way. Not like last night with Butler and Matty getting every call.

sportman1313

they've certainly favored UNC....but also, they haven't been as aggressive as washington defensively. We'll see how this plays out
    That was only the 2nd call against North Carolina in the half???? Holy crap. That's favoritism. I think they haven't been that aggressive but that's BS

Speedy88

UNC is getting bailed out by the refs so much. UNC only fouled twice that entire half. I find it very hard to believe that a team can only foul twice in 20 mins. And on the other side they called 11 fouls on UW. Washington does play really up tight defense so some of their fouls are understandable, but UW can't buy a foul on the other end.

C-Gold

One of the big reasons why I am on Washington ML is because they are a 2nd half team.

The reffing has favored UNC but it's nothing like last night. I was on Pitt 2nd half and that Matt deuche bag got every call over and over. And when Pitt would take it to the hole and get an and 1 they'd call a foul and make it go the other way because the smaller butler players were getting bowled over. So, they were out of position

C-Gold

The one foul they called on UNC at the end didn't even look like a foul. It was just window dressing so people couldn't itch that Washington only got 1 foul call.

sportman1313

I absolutely agree with both of these statements....the refs are keeping the game close. I will say this....the only way washington wins this game is with absolute lights out shooting and really poor play by UNC in this 2nd half. Refs will certainly favor UNC in this one to make sure they win straight up.....unless, of course, they wanted to make it appear that way in the first half and call it absolutely in washington's favor in 2nd half. Not sure but I WOULDN'T TOUCH WASHINGTON ML WITH A 10FT POLE FOR THE 2ND HALF!!! c-gold, you honestly believe that washington will win this game with the reffing the way it has been???

I'm actually considering going about 5k on -3 UNC for 2nd half, but think I'll steer clear of that
    UNC is getting bailed out by the refs so much. UNC only fouled twice that entire half. I find it very hard to believe that a team can only foul twice in 20 mins. And on the other side they called 11 fouls on UW. Washington does play really up tight defense so some of their fouls are understandable, but UW can't buy a foul on the other end.
    The one foul they called on UNC at the end didn't even look like a foul. It was just window dressing so people couldn't itch that Washington only got 1 foul call.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

whoevers got unc ml should bail with wa + 3
    at least save some of your dough

sportman1313

UNC in North Carolina....how can anyone go with washington +3 in the 2nd half and the way refs have been calling that? Hey, if it hits...congrats. I have UNC 2k on ML to win 1k....no way would I feel comfortable with Washington +3, BOL to you bro. Imo, only a matter of time b4 unc steps up its rebounding and paint play
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    whoevers got unc ml should bail with wa + 3
    at least save some of your dough

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

UNC in North Carolina....how can anyone go with washington +3 in the 2nd half and the way refs have been calling that? Hey, if it hits...congrats. I have UNC 2k on ML to win 1k....no way would I feel comfortable with Washington +3, BOL to you bro. Imo, only a matter of time b4 unc steps up its rebounding and paint play
    I took UW 2ND HALF +4 for just one unit.....Maybe we both win??

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

i didnt play wa +3 because i dont have unc ml
    just saying if you have unc ml you should take uw and bail instead of losing it all

sportman1313

Hopefully so bro, a 1 or 2point win would be more than okay with me.....wow, 3 fouls on UNC in first 5 minutes, lol. Refs tryna even things out I guess now. Marshall makes some really stupid passes, unbelievable at times

I took UW 2ND HALF +4 for just one unit.....Maybe we both win??

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got UW +4.5 for the game so I guess I dont really have to root against you on this one. Im fine with us both cashing in.

sportman1313

Ahhhh, i got you bro. Sorry, I didn't really understand what you meant....but yeah, I did consider that but decided against it. UNC playing in NC, couldn't go against them....scared money don't win money lol.

Not good that UNC has 5 quick fouls.....not good at all.

Ross and Thomas scare the **** out of me. And the ball in Marshall's hand is tooo scary as UNC backer
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayzee View Post
    i didnt play wa +3 because i dont ave unc ml
    just saying if you have unc ml you should take uw and bail instead of losing it all

sportman1313

Likewise....hopefully we both cash this one bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Paperstacks View Post
    I got UW +4.5 for the game so I guess I dont really have to root against you on this one. Im fine with us both cashing in.

123 Last