bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonzaga's Morrison expected to turn pro

I think Morrison will suck really bad in the NBA.

Gonzaga's Morrison expected to turn pro

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - Gonzaga forward Adam Morrison is expected to forgo his senior year and declare for the NBA draft, according to numerous media reports.

Morrison, a first-team All-America and the nation's leading scorer, has not commented on the reports, but has scheduled a press conference at Gonzaga for Wednesday afternoon.

His mother would not say if Morrison was turning pro.

``No comment,'' Wanda Morrison told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Spokane television stations KREM and KXLY and FoxSports.com reported Monday night that Morrison had decided to turn pro. All cited unnamed sources. The Spokesman-Review and The Seattle Times both reported in Tuesday's editions that he would leave, also citing unnamed sources.

Gonzaga coach Mark Few did not return several telephone messages left by the AP.

Morrison, who averaged 28.1 points per game last season, is expected to be a first-round draft choice in the June 28 NBA draft. He has until April 29 to officially declare for the draft.

The West Coast Conference player of the year, Morrison edged Duke's J.J. Redick for this year's national scoring title. He finished second to Redick for the Naismith and John R. Wooden Awards for college basketball's player of the year.

In three seasons at Gonzaga, Morrison scored 1,867 points to rank third on the Bulldog's all-time scoring list, behind Frank Burgess (2,196) and Jim McPhee (2,015).

Morrison scored at least 30 points 14 times this season and five times scored at least 40 points as he became the second Bulldogs player to win the national scoring title.

Gonzaga finished 29-4 this season.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

"No comment" says wanda Morrison.

She should of at least said something like "Vince Young sucks" when asked for a comment. That would have been good or maybe "Why in the hell do I have to pay property taxes". she had the chance that I hope for in the future. And she let it just slip tight by. Just like Tom Gugliotta will in the pros. oops I mean Adam Morrison.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Morrison will be alright. I do not like the comparisons to Bird as I think
    Larry Bird is superior to Morrison. TGO I know you hate Bird but Larry
    was a hell of a passer and was a smart player!!!

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Adam is going to change his name to "Bust" because that's what everyone will be calling him in 2 years.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

A poor mans Peja at best. Maybe even a poor mans Van horn

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

A poor man's Christian Laettner