Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Clock stopped early in 2nd Half in St. Mary's game!

I had the under 79 in the 2nd half and it won easily.......but did anyone notice the clock stopping at about 18:56 for about 1 minute of gametime??

I've seen this happen before, and someone always notices, and they readjust. This was not noticed by anybody, nobody! I noticed it immediately, and a table full of scorers/statisticians, 3 refs, 2 head coaches, about 10 assitants missed it. It was frustrating because both teams were going up and down the court, missing shots, but the clock was frozen.

I know the point is moot because it was a winner, but it was frustrating at the time nonetheless.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Wow that's a long time! How could that be missed? We also know why St marys didn't make it to the dance now as well.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I couldn't believe it. St. Mary's scored a basket just under 19:00, and then both teams went two scoreless possessions, using some clock, and the clock still read 18:56. I was so pissed at the time that it didn't get noticed. I would like to watch the beginning of the half again to see exactly how much time it was. Is anyone able to view this online?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Didn't see that, but I did see Kent State cross the mid-court line before scoring the game-winning basket and no over and back was called. There was a lot of shady shit going on in that game.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Didn't see that, but I did see Kent State cross the mid-court line before scoring the game-winning basket and no over and back was called. There was a lot of shady shit going on in that game.
    I noticed the over and back. As a kent backer I was obviously fine with the no call.

St. Marys got screwed out of a possession at the end of the first half.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Someone please replay this thing online somewhere, and tell me Im not crazy. haha

stc9357
    stc9357's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Your not crazy, I saw the same thing and about 3 other people noticed it on another board I frequent, but we both hit the under 2H so it's no big deal.

NinjaShoes
    NinjaShoes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I couldn't believe it. St. Mary's scored a basket just under 19:00, and then both teams went two scoreless possessions, using some clock, and the clock still read 18:56. I was so pissed at the time that it didn't get noticed. I would like to watch the beginning of the half again to see exactly how much time it was. Is anyone able to view this online?

ESPN3.com

boro2517
    boro2517's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nope, you're not crazy, as my head exploded because I was one shot from Marys covering the first half spread

BigTenBets10
    BigTenBets10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game was rigged. Love how St. Mary's best player and conference player of the year decided to make 1 shot all night, and normally shot 93% from the line, and missed 3 out of his 4 attempts.

baazigar
    baazigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

saw that. crazy

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shady shit