DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

Anyone ever use and track on KENPOM

Www.kenpom.com just found this site. Was wondering if anyone else use it for predictions.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO

Anyone??

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

It's a pretty popular site I'd say. ESPN references it every now and then, and there used to be a capper here whose system was initially successful that utilized KenPom rankings.

jthall89
    jthall89's Avatar Become A Pro!

where the heck did you find that...THIS IS THE ANSWER!!!!!

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO

Cool never have heard espn refer to it. They track lots of stats and looks better then accu score

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

OMG that guy is almost as much of a genius as you are for finding! we're all going to be rich!!!

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

I actually work for the guy. I cover the WAC games. I go to em and I keep a stat sheet on a clipboard. Old fashioned style

sosume
    sosume's Avatar Become A Pro!

General rule of thumb for using Ken Pomeroy's site is this: go to Kenpom Fanmatch look at the difference in spread vs. Vegas's, if the Vegas spread for the predicted favorite is -3 and Kenpom Fanmatch has it -1 bet the dog. Does not allways work but can be a good guide.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

Quote Originally Posted by sosume View Post
    General rule of thumb for using Ken Pomeroy's site is this: go to Kenpom Fanmatch look at the difference in spread vs. Vegas's, if the Vegas spread for the predicted favorite is -3 and Kenpom Fanmatch has it -1 bet the dog. Does not allways work but can be a good guide.
    I made a lot of money this year FADING Ken Pom on the Big 6 conferences and tailing him on the smaller conferences. The thinking being that the books have more info on the bigger schools and kenpom can predict the smaller schools better than the books

juanego
    juanego's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

kineprofessor uses kenpom for his system and it has worked amazing!

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

You have been a member of this site for nearly 4 years and you just now heard of Kenpom rankings? Sagarin, accuscore? There are several out there that I reference. Kenpom's site will rarely have upsets but the numbers they track are very helpful.

k1ko
    k1ko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1166

You can throw Kenpom out the window for tournament time. It's pretty useless in my opinion this time of year

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by juanego View Post
    kineprofessor uses kenpom for his system and it has worked amazing!
    and on the other hand.........poster "Lets Go Out" (the guy with approx. 67 ghosts) uses kenpom and just finished a two day run of 4-14 and 0-15 (that's 4-29 over a two day period). Oh, and did I mention that those were picks that a handful of people actually paid for?

sosume

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    I made a lot of money this year FADING Ken Pom on the Big 6 conferences and tailing him on the smaller conferences. The thinking being that the books have more info on the bigger schools and kenpom can predict the smaller schools better than the books
    Do you see any plays today that you like?

sosume

Quote Originally Posted by k1ko View Post
    You can throw Kenpom out the window for tournament time. It's pretty useless in my opinion this time of year
    YEP! I got hammered yesterday using them. I also use kenpom in addition to Sagarin but if it was all just math we would all be winning. The art of capping seems to be the ability to judge the "intangibles". Emotion, Desire, Motivation, Revenge, Drive and the big one to me, HEART. These are tough to quantify.

sosume

let's look at this game; Alabama State vs Texas San Antonio. The line is currently San Antone -3.5. Ken pom says that San antone will win by 6. Sagarin says that San antone is 6.9 points better than Alabama State. So all that together makes a strong case that San antone would be a good bet. Any thoughts on the "Intangibles"? I dont know enough about those teams to know any intangibles. Based on these numbers though I bet Texas San Antonio.

Also look at the number for the Nebraska game. I made a bet on that game. Based on the above example can you guess what side I bet?

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

looked it many times. no guarantees on any games. Pick and choose. It actually worked on the last day of the tournaments. I wouldn't get caught up in it too much.