PhillyeagleIrish
    PhillyeagleIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

doesn't matter if Kyrie Irving comes back Duke is the best team in the country and will not lose. ACC wins again bitches

Vondy
    Vondy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitt should win that bracket...very very weak

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should is the operative word there Vonder.

I agree it is super weak. I see Wisky or K.St emerging from that bracket. maybe Byu

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Dont sleep on the Bearcats

sportsfun
    sportsfun's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5175

11 teams, we'll see if division overrated or for real.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

i don't see 3 of 4 being from the big east, just too much can happen IMO

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Regardless of what happens in tourney the BigEast should have 11 teams in. If you take Marquette and Cincy and cut them loose in the ACC and SEC they would wreak havoc - trust me. Rutgers and Seton Hall could probbly beat up Penn St Mich St & Mich. They disappointed in Tourn. last year but that does not mean that fewer teams should have been put in from BE.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I like Syracuse in the Final four.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

My personal opinions:

Villanova loses to Mason & shouldn't have bothered making the tournament

West Virginia is a wildcard. If they make it past the 1st round, I think they could make the Sweet 16.

Marquette will either lose in the 1st round or make the Sweet 16 and take out Syracuse.

Syracuse should hope for Xavier to beat Marquette. Xavier still has the team to beat SU, but it'd be better for them to get someone unfamiliar with the 2-3 zone. This is my team, so it hurts me to say it, but I just don't think they're disciplined enough to last. Their lack consistent perimeter shooting and seem to take ill advised shots too much. Of course, when I get down on them - they do surprise me some!

Cincinnati & UConn I think will battle to take each other out. I think Cincy's grinding style if they play slow will frustrate Missouri. UConn probably wouldn't mind either team as they are better. I think the Huskies if they aren't emotionally drained have a Sweet 16 run in them, MAYBE even Elite 8.

St.Johns's .. probably one & done to Gonzaga or they get Jimmered in Round 2.

Pitt. Everyone expects them to fail - well at least most gamblers, the "Experts" are all picking them to go deep. I think if they can make it past their 2nd round opponent - Butler or ODU, then I think they've got a shot to go to the Final Four. I won't be surprised if they lose in the 2nd round or go to the Final Four.

Notre Dame. They are going to be a tough out and have a nice draw potentially to the Elite 8. The team though that surprisingly I think could take them out ... Georgetown. The Hoyas get Chris Wright back and if he's fully healed, this is a sleeper team.

Louisville is a candidate for a 1st round upset against Morehead. If they make it past them, I think they will slide into the Sweet 16 and lose to KU.

Best shot at going to the Final Four has to be Pitt simply based on draw. 2nd best I would rate Notre Dame simply because their shooting could carry them through. I think the Big East will show okay, but I think they'd do well to get ONE team into the Final Four and would be a pretty big longshot to get two.

cupcupdish
    cupcupdish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Good idea

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    in basketball terms?

big east is the biggest grind. for a top conference, they travel ALOT and its the style of play, and type of players that they have there. Beyond that, Yeah I mean when half of your conference is a top 25 ranked teams, you don't get many nights off. Other than Depaul that aren't too many gimme games. You can't even sleep on Rutgers anymore.
    Yet they win less titles, put less guys in the NBA every year even though they have twice as many teams

shawnkang
    shawnkang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i think they will do well.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by cbiscuit View Post
    Regardless of what happens in tourney the BigEast should have 11 teams in. If you take Marquette and Cincy and cut them loose in the ACC and SEC they would wreak havoc - trust me. Rutgers and Seton Hall could probbly beat up Penn St Mich St & Mich. They disappointed in Tourn. last year but that does not mean that fewer teams should have been put in from BE.
    Marquette lost to Duke, Vandy, Wisconsin and Gonzaga. That's every good out of conference team they faced they lost... FAIL

Who the hell did Cincy play out of conference? Noone with a pulse. IPFW, Famu, Savanah State, Wright State, Ga Southern, Miami of Ohio, St Francis, Utah Valley. Are you fukking kidding me? How is Cincinatti even in the tourney?Half of their games were against shit teams. This is horseshit. I just looked at who they played. They played noone out of conference. Big ass FAIL

My God, the Big East is getting crap teams in the tourney. How the fuk did these 2 teams get in the tourney? They lose to every good team OOC and can't win in the conference

Tk Fo Sho
    Tk Fo Sho's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got Louisville and St. Johns in the final four. I don't think the Big East will disappoint this year..

Mac4Lyfe

Look at this shit...

Marquette

Nov 12

Nov 14

Nov 17

Nov 20

Nov 22

Nov 23

Nov 27

Dec 4

Dec 7

Dec 11

Dec 18

Dec 21

Dec 29

Every good team they play, they lose and the only teams they win are no names. Prairie View A&M Panthers, Bucknell Bison, Green Bay Phoenix, South Dakota Coyotes, Milwaukee Panthers, Longwood Lancers, Texas A&M-CC Islanders, Centenary Gentleman, Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils

Mac4Lyfe

Same shit for Cincinnati. The Big East is fraudulent...

Mount St Marys Mountaineers, IPFW Mastodons, Florida A&M Rattlers, Savanahh State Tigers, Dayton Flyers, Wright State Raiders, Toledo Rockets, Utah Valley Wolverines, Georgia Southern Eagles, Miami Ohio Redhawks, St Francis Redhawks... Wow, this is bullshit.

cbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Marquette lost to Duke, Vandy, Wisconsin and Gonzaga. That's every good out of conference team they faced they lost... FAIL

Who the hell did Cincy play out of conference? Noone with a pulse. IPFW, Famu, Savanah State, Wright State, Ga Southern, Miami of Ohio, St Francis, Utah Valley. Are you fukking kidding me? How is Cincinatti even in the tourney?Half of their games were against shit teams. This is horseshit. I just looked at who they played. They played noone out of conference. Big ass FAIL

My God, the Big East is getting crap teams in the tourney. How the fuk did these 2 teams get in the tourney? They lose to every good team OOC and can't win in the conference
    I did not see any Cincy or Mqt. games prior to Big East play and don't put alot of stock in that now. I've seen them square off against conf. foes and they can compete with any of them. No shame in losing to Zags btw, lost to Wisconisn when they were good early in season...last few times I watched Wisc they sucked! RIGHT NOW cincy beats Wiscy and I'm a little bit of a Wisc fan.
    I'm making a point about how bad this years edition of SEC and ACC are.. this is in LARGE part why the Big East should have 11 in. If you want to yank a BE team out of Tourney start with Villanova, they are in trouble and GTown has not looked that good in a long time.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by cbiscuit View Post
    I did not see any Cincy or Mqt. games prior to Big East play and don't put alot of stock in that now. I've seen them square off against conf. foes and they can compete with any of them. No shame in losing to Zags btw, lost to Wisconisn when they were good early in season...last few times I watched Wisc they sucked! RIGHT NOW cincy beats Wiscy and I'm a little bit of a Wisc fan.
    I'm making a point about how bad this years edition of SEC and ACC are.. this is in LARGE part why the Big East should have 11 in. If you want to yank a BE team out of Tourney start with Villanova, they are in trouble and GTown has not looked that good in a long time.
    Well you just said that you haven't seen them play OOC. So if you only saw the Big East against the Big East, how do you know the Big East is better than the rest?

You say the ACC and SEC are bad yet the elite teams from the ACC and SEC both had a better record against the Big East best. It really wasn't close at all. Plus the SEC and ACC went into the BE home courts and won... Quit listening to the East coast biased media

cbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    My personal opinions:

Villanova loses to Mason & shouldn't have bothered making the tournament

West Virginia is a wildcard. If they make it past the 1st round, I think they could make the Sweet 16.

Marquette will either lose in the 1st round or make the Sweet 16 and take out Syracuse.

Syracuse should hope for Xavier to beat Marquette. Xavier still has the team to beat SU, but it'd be better for them to get someone unfamiliar with the 2-3 zone. This is my team, so it hurts me to say it, but I just don't think they're disciplined enough to last. Their lack consistent perimeter shooting and seem to take ill advised shots too much. Of course, when I get down on them - they do surprise me some!

Cincinnati & UConn I think will battle to take each other out. I think Cincy's grinding style if they play slow will frustrate Missouri. UConn probably wouldn't mind either team as they are better. I think the Huskies if they aren't emotionally drained have a Sweet 16 run in them, MAYBE even Elite 8.

St.Johns's .. probably one & done to Gonzaga or they get Jimmered in Round 2.

Pitt. Everyone expects them to fail - well at least most gamblers, the "Experts" are all picking them to go deep. I think if they can make it past their 2nd round opponent - Butler or ODU, then I think they've got a shot to go to the Final Four. I won't be surprised if they lose in the 2nd round or go to the Final Four.

Notre Dame. They are going to be a tough out and have a nice draw potentially to the Elite 8. The team though that surprisingly I think could take them out ... Georgetown. The Hoyas get Chris Wright back and if he's fully healed, this is a sleeper team.

Louisville is a candidate for a 1st round upset against Morehead. If they make it past them, I think they will slide into the Sweet 16 and lose to KU.

Best shot at going to the Final Four has to be Pitt simply based on draw. 2nd best I would rate Notre Dame simply because their shooting could carry them through. I think the Big East will show okay, but I think they'd do well to get ONE team into the Final Four and would be a pretty big longshot to get two.
    Nice post. Not sure Morehead knocks off L'ville (wouldn't be totally shocked) but def. take points.
    Marq vs X. is too tough to call
    With you on Pitt, everyone saying how easy Pitt has it but they could easily get knocked out in round2 via Butler or ODU. Don't sleep on Butler, last few games they look like last years bunch.

cbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Well you just said that you haven't seen them play OOC. So if you only saw the Big East against the Big East, how do you know the Big East is better than the rest?

You say the ACC and SEC are bad yet the elite teams from the ACC and SEC both had a better record against the Big East best. It really wasn't close at all. Plus the SEC and ACC went into the BE home courts and won... Quit listening to the East coast biased media
    I've watched a ton of college hoops for many years now and go 80% on eye test and it has served me well. Decembers stats can be useless when trying to get a read on how tourney will play out. If I wanted to I could listen to a hundred 'experts' but in the end I go with what I've seen. I seek out the smart teams and teams with talent and potential.

BTW, you are making wild generalizations here, of course I've seen BE play outside of conf as well as all other conf plying outside earlier in year. I know what to glean (usually) and what to dismiss.
    Also : ELite teams from ACC = Duke. ELite team from SEC = ?????

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Total wins for all Big East teams

Over 15.5 wins -151
    Under 15.5 wins +129

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfun View Post
    11 teams, we'll see if division overrated or for real.
    There's nothing to see.
    BE was one of the strongest conferences in the past 20 years.

notsosharp
    notsosharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Big east wins the tourny>.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Over 15.5 wins -151
    Under 15.5 wins +129
    I project 17

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

This is the reason why the NBA tourney is so much better than NCAA. NCAA is one and done. Anything can happen to the best teams. Big East is the best conference but the stupid tourney is one and done so who knows what will happen.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

only 5 Big East teams left

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    only 5 Big East teams left
    actually 3, have to play each other twice

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post

actually 3, have to play each other twice

yeah tomorrow there will be maybe 3 maybe 2 if Florida State can pull off an upset. I'm just giving this mighty conference credit for having 5 left as of right now.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    My personal opinions: Villanova loses to Mason & shouldn't have bothered making the tournament West Virginia is a wildcard. If they make it past the 1st round, I think they could make the Sweet 16. Marquette will either lose in the 1st round or make the Sweet 16 and take out Syracuse. Syracuse should hope for Xavier to beat Marquette. Xavier still has the team to beat SU, but it'd be better for them to get someone unfamiliar with the 2-3 zone. This is my team, so it hurts me to say it, but I just don't think they're disciplined enough to last. Their lack consistent perimeter shooting and seem to take ill advised shots too much. Of course, when I get down on them - they do surprise me some! Cincinnati & UConn I think will battle to take each other out. I think Cincy's grinding style if they play slow will frustrate Missouri. UConn probably wouldn't mind either team as they are better. I think the Huskies if they aren't emotionally drained have a Sweet 16 run in them, MAYBE even Elite 8. St.Johns's .. probably one & done to Gonzaga or they get Jimmered in Round 2. Pitt. Everyone expects them to fail - well at least most gamblers, the "Experts" are all picking them to go deep. I think if they can make it past their 2nd round opponent - Butler or ODU, then I think they've got a shot to go to the Final Four. I won't be surprised if they lose in the 2nd round or go to the Final Four. Notre Dame. They are going to be a tough out and have a nice draw potentially to the Elite 8. The team though that surprisingly I think could take them out ... Georgetown. The Hoyas get Chris Wright back and if he's fully healed, this is a sleeper team. Louisville is a candidate for a 1st round upset against Morehead. If they make it past them, I think they will slide into the Sweet 16 and lose to KU. Best shot at going to the Final Four has to be Pitt simply based on draw. 2nd best I would rate Notre Dame simply because their shooting could carry them through. I think the Big East will show okay, but I think they'd do well to get ONE team into the Final Four and would be a pretty big longshot to get two.
    I think I'm the man.

cbiscuit

I'll give you that Eagles if you give me second place. Hey, I had butler and I had a clue on how BE teams would perform. Calling Morehead St was the best tourney call I've seen here.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

They were always overrated no way they deserved that many teams but it is what it is. The SEC will have 2 in the sweet 16, considering they only got 5 they are doing pretty well but they are suppose to be such garbage. The tourny is not even exciting to me any more.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

ZERO team in the Final 4

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Over 15.5 wins -151
    Under 15.5 wins +129
    UNDER

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    They were always overrated no way they deserved that many teams but it is what it is. The SEC will have 2 in the sweet 16, considering they only got 5 they are doing pretty well but they are suppose to be such garbage. The tourny is not even exciting to me any more.
    Exactly... SEC and ACC with a lot less teams outperform the entire Big East conference. This shit happens every year. SEC teams get bad seeds in 4 of the 5 teams and still performs. How the hell was UK a #4 seed? Total bullshit. UGA, UT and Vandy all with bad matchups. while the Big East got favorable seeds in 9 out of 11 teams. What fuking bullshit. This shit is so fraudulent it's not even funny. Yet even with all the advantages, the Big East still suck monkey nuts.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    There's nothing to see.
    BE was one of the strongest conferences in the past 20 years.
    Yeah, 3 titles in 25 years is real strong...

First 1234 Last