sportsfun
    sportsfun's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5175

fredette can probably still take them far. We'll see.

yurnero
    yurnero's Avatar Become A Pro!

on top of ruining their season, how is this going to reflect on them recruiting for the future? i mean they will get someone here and there, but most athletes will not even consider going to byu after this davies incident.

pretty bizarre honor code to follow still in 2011.... and on top of that, they say its a religious thing right? so let me get this straight, absolutely no premaritial sex but after you are married, you can have multiple wives? LOL GTFO please

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    he wrote it on his facebook status... It probably went something like this " shit i just got laid" hahahaha
    The fuk ? Dont tell me that facebook is how people found out about this incident. If so, hes a fuking moron.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I live in Vegas, and see those wierdos every day. Its very obvious to spot them out. Extremely quiet, 14 year old siblings wearing matching clothes, and the mother is pregnant going onto to her 11th kid.

That Honor Code is for the most part BS. I had a freind who went on a football recruiting trip to BYU, about 4 years ago. He called to tell me how the football players, and himself got drunk in his hotel room. How they got alcohol in the middle of Utah is beyond me.

Also I went to a BYU vs UNLV, which was UNLV home game that year. A BYU student, that was wearing BYU gear. came over to the UNLV side so he would not get caught drinking.

They are college students, that deal with the same pressures, and natural curiosities any body else does. That are not aliens, from outer space, that have only one singular thought process.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Just another bullshit

next moving on

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Admit it guys. He screwed up! He settled for one piece of a$$ when he couldve waited til marriage then have 12 pieces of a$$ all at the same time!! I'd wait!!

huesbch
    huesbch's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I handicap a BYU game I always factor in.... no sex = increased stamina and strong legs.

dwang0725
    dwang0725's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

Quote Originally Posted by huesbch View Post
    When I handicap a BYU game I always factor in.... no sex = increased stamina and strong legs.
    If that were the case, BYU would be undefeated year in and year out!

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Whether you think BYU's standards are ridiculous or not is irrelevant. Davies agreed to abide by this "honor code," and he knew full well what that code entailed from the first time a coach stepped into his home to recruit him. The agreement was, "You follow our code and we pay for your education and for you to travel and play basketball. You don't and you won't be on the team."

BYU followed their half of the agreement. Davies did not. There is only one party at fault here, and it isn't the school.

ukbsktbll
    ukbsktbll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clearly screwed up philosophy they have

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh I agree with you whole heartedly. Regardless of how silly we think their "honor code" is, he did enter into a "contract" and broke his terms. So yeah, he should've been punished. Actually he got off lightly. A regular student wouldve been kicked out of school (no SH!T). So he did screw up. Although iMo the rules are way outdated and silly. But hey, if he didnt agree with them he shouldnt have gone to school there.

Odessa
    Odessa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4136

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    What no coffee!!?!?!?!?
    Not only coffee, tea is forbidden as well. It's a sin, since Jesus said no "hot drinks". I guess Mr. Brigham Young did knew that in Jesus time there was no coffee or tea even invented.

The funny thing is that chocolate and hot "hot chocolate" is allowed!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
    Not only coffee, tea is forbidden as well. It's a sin, since Jesus said no "hot drinks". I guess Mr. Brigham Young did knew that in Jesus time there was no coffee or tea even invented.

The funny thing is that chocolate and hot "hot chocolate" is allowed!
    I wonder if a student gets caught drinking wine at BYU if he can use the excuse that he poured water in the glass before he went to class and when he came back it turned into wine because he prayed to Jesus!

yurnero
    yurnero's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by huesbch View Post
    not true on the stamina part but legs only matter if you pick the girl up during the whole time lol

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by Intuitive_Edge View Post
    The fuk ? Dont tell me that facebook is how people found out about this incident. If so, hes a fuking moron.
    jj gold was video taping

First ... 2345