TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Southeast Region?

Easily the worst region I've EVER seen.

1: Pittsburgh will choke, they ALWAYS do and they dont have the scoring to match a hot team
    2: Florida is WAY overrated at the 2 seed
    3: BYU has been lost without Davies for whatever reason. First round exit is probable
    4: Wisconsin would EASILY be my Final 4 selection if they didnt have Belmont in the first round
    5: Kansas State has been too inconsistent to go to a Final 4. I see Utah State winning this game
    6: St Johns lost leading scorer in Big East Tournament and even though I like them, its too much to overcome
    7: UCLA couldn't even finish top 2 in the Pac 10, they arent very impressive in my eyes
    8: Butlers came on strong lately, they could go back to the Final 4 as bad as this region is!
    9: Old Dominion is very dangerous and I think they or Butler could upset Pitt in the 2nd round
    10: Michigan State just doesn't have the normal talent right now, as well as being too inconsistent

Can anybody make any sense of this region? I feel obligated to take a top 5 seeded team because only 1 team in history has ever went that was below that (George Mason). The only team I see is Wisconsin or MAYBE Pitt

MikeZaW
    MikeZaW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

This region is by far the hardest IMO. I have played out all of these different scenarios and as of right now I have Butler going to the final four.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I feel obligated to take a top 5 seeded team because only 1 team in history has ever went that was below that (George Mason). The only team I see is Wisconsin or MAYBE Pitt
    Two teams. LSU was an 11 too. With all the harping on how weak it is, etc. - it almost seems too probable that Pitt or Florida makes it because this is the bracket every expert, Joe Bob and Mary is picking to be upset ridden.

TPowell

I think I'm going to go with Wisconsin but they could lose in the 1st and 2nd rounds decently easy

RJ89
    RJ89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

Personally I like Pittsburgh, Florida, and Kansas St. Pittsburgh usually faces tougher competition than this regional so they should have a decent chance.. Florida should not be a 2 seed, but they are still a decent experienced team. They are in by far the weakest group of 8 teams in the tournament.. And I like how Kansas St. matches up against Utah St. and they have been playing better lately and are very talented. If not one of these 3 teams than maybe Butler..

I have Wisconsin losing to Belmont.. BYU and St. Johns have the players missing.. I think St. Johns is more likely to overcome it, and this is the only regional where they would have a chance..

This region is a worse mistake by the committe than any shitty bubble team that got left out..

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I think Florida was over seeded but I still really like their team and think they'll make it out.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

tpowell - you doing this for every region? i value your ncaa knowledge and can use some help filling out my bracket

TPowell

Dexter I may do that pal. Good way to get my thoughts together as well

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitt by default in my opinion,.

TPowell

I changed my mind and have Pitt in there. Pitt matches up well with Wisky IMO

OnTheLine1234
    OnTheLine1234's Avatar Become A Pro!

As long as Gibbs stays healthy, Pitt will be OK!!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

1: Pittsburgh will choke, they ALWAYS do and they dont have the scoring to match a hot team
    3: BYU has been lost without Davies for whatever reason. First round exit is probable
    4: Wisconsin would EASILY be my Final 4 selection if they didnt have Belmont in the first round
    5: Kansas State has been too inconsistent to go to a Final 4. I see Utah State winning this game
    6: St Johns lost leading scorer in Big East Tournament and even though I like them, its too much to overcome
    7: UCLA couldn't even finish top 2 in the Pac 10, they arent very impressive in my eyes
    8: Butlers came on strong lately, they could go back to the Final 4 as bad as this region is!
    9: Old Dominion is very dangerous and I think they or Butler could upset Pitt in the 2nd round
    10: Michigan State just doesn't have the normal talent right now, as well as being too inconsistent

Can anybody make any sense of this region? I feel obligated to take a top 5 seeded team because only 1 team in history has ever went that was below that (George Mason). The only team I see is Wisconsin or MAYBE Pitt
    Pitt beat Texas and won the Big East. Best team in the Big East. What's wrong with that?

UF beat Xavier, Morehead State, FSU, Kansas State and won the SEC with wins over UK, UT, UGA, and Vandy. What's wrong with that?

BYU beat Utah State, Arizona, UNLV and SDSU and tied for the MWC

Wisconsin beat Marquette, Michigan, Illinois, PSU, Purdue and OSU

KSu beat Gonzaga, Texas, Mizzou and Kansas

St John beat WVU, ND, Duke, Rutgers, Uconn, Cinci, Marq, Pitt, Villanova,

This is the tourney. You play who's in front of you. There is no easy road to the title. I think this region will have the eventual winner. We shall see...

TPowell

whens the last time one of these teams have been to a Final 4 outside of Florida?

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Seems like a Florida alum or 2 were on the committee

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

whens the last time one of these teams have been to a Final 4 outside of Florida?
    Easy question...last year. Butler!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I have Gonzaga going to the Elite 8 losing to Kansas St.

Gonzaga taking out St. Johns, BYU and lastly Florida in that order.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

cant figure out who to have go to the sweet 16 out of these 4 teams: kstate/utah state and wiscy/belmont

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Easy question...last year. Butler!

sorry meant to quote Macs list of teams

TPowell

Wisconsin should slow Belmont down and control the game and Utah State should feast on the mistakes that KState always makes. Wisconsin/Utah State game is complete toss up though

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

4. nobody knows what to do with Belmont.