HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

UNC v Duke (ACC Championship) Who Ya Got??

UNC here.

Duke will not be able to handle UNC's NBA frontcourt(Zeller/Henson/Barnes).

Should be a great coaching matchup also

sicky123
    sicky123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Played UNC in their last game. Leaning Duke tomorrow.

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

The problem is that UNC plays only half of every game I see them play. Unless they're at home they never have a sense of urgency. Duke on the other hand, seems to play hard all the time for the whole game, not to mention Smith and Singler seem to be playing very well. So the question is...... Can UNC's one shitty half and one absolutely amazing half beat Duke's full game of Average/Good play????

Right now, I'm leaning Duke.

CAC555
    CAC555's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tower no disrespect but UNC has played a poor 1st half gkr 2 games now. This hasn't been going on all year. I don't believe they took the last 2 games serious enough until they fell behind. I can promise you they will be ready tommorrow just like I told you last Sunday. I might be a little biased here but Carolina matches up with Duke really well because of their length. Don't be surprised if Carolina wins again. I would love to see coach Krybaby's ugly face again when he can't contain Harrison Barnes for the 2nd time in 8 days

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

I wouldnt bet against Coach K not having an answer for Mr. Barnes in tomorrows game that said UNC is playing their best ball of the season but I will be on DUKE ML rather large!

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Yea Duke has to be the favorite here....but UNC seems to always finish strong.

DRZ
    Update your status
    DRZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lean duke, but just going to stay away and watch what should be a great game

sicky123

I don't get why Barnes gets all the love. Kendall Marshall is the guy that makes UNC tick, IMO.

sicky123

Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    The problem is that UNC plays only half of every game I see them play. Unless they're at home they never have a sense of urgency. Duke on the other hand, seems to play hard all the time for the whole game, not to mention Smith and Singler seem to be playing very well. So the question is...... Can UNC's one shitty half and one absolutely amazing half beat Duke's full game of Average/Good play????

Smith's play against Maryland was atrocious. One of the worst performances I have seen from a player all year, and I have seen a ridiculous # of games this year. Singler had a pretty bad game as well, and missed multiple OPEN 3's which is something he never use to do. That said they did both play very good against VT today.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well let's see. Both teams are ranked just about the same. North Carolina hasn't lost in over a month while Duke has lost twice in their last 4 games. The last time they played, North Carolina beat them by 14. And yet the linesmakers open up Duke as the favories -3 and the line quickly went to -3.5.

Duke is going to win the ACC Championship, Nolan Smith for MVP.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Duke.

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

Quote Originally Posted by sicky123 View Post
    I don't get why Barnes gets all the love. Kendall Marshall is the guy that makes UNC tick, IMO.
    This. When Marshall was inserted into the lineup over Drew (and got the starting nod) is when UNC really came together.

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by sicky123 View Post
    Barnes just scored 40 today and has scored double digit points in his lat 9 games. He's the best player on that team by far. Kendall Marshall has had 3 point, 7 point, 4 point, and 6 point games very often lately and NC has still been winning. He isn't nearly as important as Barnes is. Look at UNC's last loss and see what you notice, 3-8 9 points from Barnes.

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

as a virginia tech student ive been watching these two teams play all year. even though unc struggled at the beginning of the year i feel like they have superior talent and have meshed as a team since marshall took over at the point. unc's front court combo of zeller and henson will eat the plumlee brothers alive and singler and clark are too soft if forced to defend on the low post. unc by 6

sweetjones55

Quote Originally Posted by headhunter34 View Post
    as a virginia tech student ive been watching these two teams play all year. even though unc struggled at the beginning of the year i feel like they have superior talent and have meshed as a team since marshall took over at the point. unc's front court combo of zeller and henson will eat the plumlee brothers alive and singler and clark are too soft if forced to defend on the low post. unc by 6
    Duke has always had that soft reputation yet they find themselves in the top 10 every single year.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both overrated. Neither will be around any further than sweet 16, but I think UNC bigs actually have a clue. So, lean to the dudes with a clue

officepoolguy
    officepoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Tough to beat a good team two in a row with little time between. Ask byu, wsu etc..Take duke

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4667

UNC. More talent. If they play a complete game they won't lose.

tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I hate Duke, but I'm leaning their way in this game.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Tyler Zeller NBA? In the same sentenace? He would get eat up and spit out in the league.

Harrison Barnes is obviously the best player on the court tommorow but he will have to repeat today's performace to have a chance to beat Duke. I am expecting experience and not talent win out tommorow.

sicky123

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Barnes just scored 40 today and has scored double digit points in his lat 9 games. He's the best player on that team by far. Kendall Marshall has had 3 point, 7 point, 4 point, and 6 point games very often lately and NC has still been winning. He isn't nearly as important as Barnes is. Look at UNC's last loss and see what you notice, 3-8 9 points from Barnes.
    Respectfully. Disagree.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

IMHO, you'll look back at this game after taking NC and wonder WTF you were thinking.

Just my take.

OnTheLine1234
    OnTheLine1234's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke 1Half

creazntee
    SBR PRONoun
    creazntee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke for win

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Tyler Zeller NBA? In the same sentenace? He would get eat up and spit out in the league. Harrison Barnes is obviously the best player on the court tommorow but he will have to repeat today's performace to have a chance to beat Duke. I am expecting experience and not talent win out tommorow.
    IF Hansbourgh can make it, then Tyler Zeller will be the Utah Jazz's first round pick.

Mad-Dog Madsen made it to the NBA. Oklawakandi was in the NBA.

Zeller is fukking talented IMO.

cupcupdish
    cupcupdish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

UNC or no play

whutchuwant
    whutchuwant's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Well let's see. Both teams are ranked just about the same. North Carolina hasn't lost in over a month while Duke has lost twice in their last 4 games. The last time they played, North Carolina beat them by 14. And yet the linesmakers open up Duke as the favories -3 and the line quickly went to -3.5. Duke is going to win the ACC Championship, Nolan Smith for MVP.
    Hell F-ing yea go Duke!

nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is pretty much spot on. UNC just goes on random spurts while Duke is pretty consistent throughout the game. UNC down big in both games at the half in this ACC tourney and came back in the 2H, not sure they'll be able to do the same against a much tougher and consistent Duke team that wants revenge for the beating they took in their last matchup. Therefore duke is the play here.

whutchuwant

Quote Originally Posted by headhunter34 View Post
    He is just bitter DUKE just knocked them out! Duke by 11

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Flip a coin

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I think I'll ride UNC since its almost impossible to beat a team with even skill level 3 times in a season. BYU/SDSU and UL/UConn are examples JUST tonight. Outside of that angle, I don't see much else in this game

whutchuwant

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    I think I'll ride UNC since its almost impossible to beat a team with even skill level 3 times in a season. BYU/SDSU and UL/UConn are examples JUST tonight. Outside of that angle, I don't see much else in this game
    What are you talking about DUKE split the regular season with UNC. This is a rubber match DUKE wins. I have a better idea for your money, go give it to a stripper!

TPowell

just saw that, **** its late man. Already posted in other threads, I'm finished until NCAA's. Not sure why I said I would ride UNC

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

you cant even compare the players in tomorrows match up its not between the players its between the coaches guys. The coaches are who will win or lose the game.

Its gonna be both teams switching defensive and offensive stances from zone to man all over the place running ball plays and driving to the bucket constantly.

TPowell

if its coaching, bet Duke now and thank me later. UNC has much more talent than Duke IMO. May not sound right but outside of Smith, Duke has a bunch of role players for the most part, even though Singler can get hot. UNC is more athletic but coaching def goes to the Dukies. Williams just isn't very good to be honest

123 Last