ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Vegas trying to rob newbies?

Why such large lines on favorites? I'm guessing more newbies decide to bet and these large lines are for the guys who think "well im not going to bet on Northwestern, Ohio State is like 2 million times better" and plunk down no matter what the line.

Leaves me trying to figure out who can cover though.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

i bet favorites on the moneyline and I'll tell ya that they are not favoring the favorites anymore than usual on the MLs. they are actually a little less than I think they should be

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are no juicy lines on days when there are a lot of games to be played. If you have been in the game for a long time you know that. They just feel like major US sports games start at 12:00 PM Eastern Time and guys will want action. Let's throw some bait out there and see who bites. A smart dumb guy will say who cares as long as you are on the right side. A Pro will say there is no true value in these lines and move on

cigar
    cigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

maybe its an adjustment to what has been going on lately, public seems to be having their way

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    There are no juicy lines on days when there are a lot of games to be played. If you have been in the game for a long time you know that. They just feel like major US sports games start at 12:00 PM Eastern Time and guys will want action. Let's throw some bait out there and see who bites. A smart dumb guy will say who cares as long as you are on the right side. A Pro will say there is no true value in these lines and move on
    there are some +ev props on the board as I type

ThingsFallApart
    ThingsFallApart's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    i bet favorites on the moneyline and I'll tell ya that they are not favoring the favorites anymore than usual on the MLs. they are actually a little less than I think they should be
    Thats the point, there arent nearly as many blowouts this time of the year.