Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Xavier vs Dayton?

Never seen these two teams play. Anyone want to give any input on this game? Will give points.

All I see are:

Xavier went 2-0 against Dayton this season
    Xavier is on a long winning streak
    Dayton lost 3 out of last 4 games

Do you think Dayton has a good chance of winning this game straight up?

CantTouchAyo
    CantTouchAyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 71340

Dayton has little chance to win this game S.U. Xavier is very strong team that was up big at half time last time they played and dayton came out firing and got themselves back into the game. Xavier didnt shoot well from 3 and they let the mediocre dayton flyers come back and make it a game in the 2h. I watch A10 basketball quite often and Xavier is very strong and i can see them not only winning the A10 tourny but also doing some damage in the big dance this year. I see xavier blowing past dayton tommorrow. But thats just my two cents. BOL!
    Points Awarded:

Pew Pew gave CantTouchAyo 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Xavier to cover here. They could have covered 7 when they played at Dayton but let them back in it late after being up double digits. Xavier as been on a roll covering the spread as of late. They are almost a lock every year to get to the 2nd weekend of the tournament lately.
    Points Awarded:

Pew Pew gave HR Paperstacks 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

I agree with CTA in that Xavier is stronger than Dayton and they are capable of blowing the Flyers out of the water. My concerns from a Xavier perspective would be that Dayton does have some talent (Chris Wright is very good) and they have played some really fine games on occasions this season, in addition to the eggs they have laid. That, and this is a rivalry game. The teams know each other very well, and dislike each other even more. They tend to play each other close (I think if you look back you will see mostly close games with the exception of '07 & '08 I believe).

In the end, I think Xavier wins.
    Points Awarded:

Pew Pew gave Jive 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I would not take Xavier laying the points. Dayton always fights in the A10 tournament. They had a coming out party in the NIT last year. I know, its the NIT, but still they do have a lot of talent. Xavier's big men are not that good, but their guard play is good enough to win them the game. Frease (Xavier's center) played HS ball against my team. He's not too skilled of a big man and Dayton could win if they push the pace and get X out of their comfort zone. I'd either take Dayton + the points, or no play.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 803

What about the total of 131 in this game? any thoughts?

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Take Dayton in this game. They lost 2 close games to x. Also beating a team 3 tikes in 1 season is very difficult especially if it's your rival. I really think they can win this game or lose by 4 at most.

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

line is 6.5 and 7
    what the the line last time they played

Ketch
    Ketch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2532

Last played 2/27 xav -2.5 and covered at dayt like xav in this game they have covered 7 of last 8 ATS

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Line is razor sharp.
    I'm going to stay away, if X is up late, Dayton may put them on the line killing a +6.5 or 7.
    Should be terrific game.

SlowNsteady
    SlowNsteady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

I live in Dayton and have watched the Flyers play several times this year. They are a flat out terrible team. They have zero inside game and turn the ball over alot. I would be vary wary of putting any serious cash on Dayton. I do not see anyway XU does not win and I have them at about 75% chance to cover.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the better pick in the A10 today is Lasalle plus the points. They covered both times versus Temple this year and Temple is still alittle banged up. Although I would prolly take Xavier -7, Dayton is just pathetic...don't let their last win over Umass fool you because Umass is equally horrible.

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24752

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNsteady View Post
    I live in Dayton and have watched the Flyers play several times this year. They are a flat out terrible team. They have zero inside game and turn the ball over alot. I would be vary wary of putting any serious cash on Dayton. I do not see anyway XU does not win and I have them at about 75% chance to cover.

I'm a long-suffering Flyer fan and have to agree. They just never seem to come close to their potential. If I play the game its gotta be Xavier.

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNsteady View Post
    This guy knows what he's talking about. Dayton sucks. I went to UD and their coach is probably the most overrated coach in the country. They'll never beat Xavier with him and their players will never improve.

Take Xavier to cover, 95% chance they win SU.

dlew2k
    Update your status
    dlew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Xavier

bmac_06
    bmac_06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm from cincy (but went to UC.. so Xavier is far from the top of my list). However, ever since Cincy put that spanking on Xavier they have played one bad game (only L since then @ Char. which they should have won). They are quite possibly one of the hottest teams in the NCAA and flying way under the radar. Dayton may have some confidence from the beating they put on Umass, but Xavier has studs. I've watched a ton of Xavier games this year (roommate is a XU fan).. and Frease and McLean are beasts down low. Frease should honestly be the most improved player in the A10, and McLean is always playing hard.

That all being said, UD always plays hard against Xavier. Xavier should win and cover, but it's a rivalry game and Xavier will be trying to win 3 out of 3 games. I've seen crazier shit happen, but if I were to bet I would take XU.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Xavier is a joke.
    If I didn't know any better I'd swear Holloway is shaving points this games.
    Down 9 to this team?
    Even if X comes back and in, and they may, they are still an overrated joke, that'll get croaked by a 3rd or 4th place big boy conference team in the tourney.
    Glad I stayed away from this mess of a game.

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Very surprised UD won!

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

Threads like this have saved me thousands of $$$