Buckeyes
    Buckeyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4417

Took her out to dinner after the OKC/Chicago game last year, fun time Name:  smug_russell.gif
Views: 194
Size:  5.6 KB

freelife1
    freelife1's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=PorkChop;9151118]I cant tell you how happy I am that I finally realize I am not the only one. Her deep voice irritates the F out of me. She should be a man. My God. [/QUOTE
    ]Its like she tries to talk deep and powerful like a man, likes she chilling with the guys...IT PISSES ME OFF SO BAD

snoopaloop31
    snoopaloop31's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL @ the "ESPN is PINKO-Commie, trying to shove gender equality down our throat" idiocy.
    99% of the espn audience is male, so they know we want to see some butt out there. Doris just happens to be the best combo of looks/announcing skills they have.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

She is pretty good, about on par with Bilas. Gottleib is very good. Knight is the best on ESPN by far. Actual basketball knowledge is not something ESPN promotes, more about stars and drama.
    Sean Farnham is a horrible color guy and somehow he was hired by ESPN.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

you guys do realize that Doris Burke isn't doing the Big East tourney, right? it's Beth Mowins.

freelife1

no woman should do it at all

freelife1

Quote Originally Posted by snoopaloop31 View Post
    LOL @ the "ESPN is PINKO-Commie, trying to shove gender equality down our throat" idiocy.
    99% of the espn audience is male, so they know we want to see some butt out there. Doris just happens to be the best combo of looks/announcing skills they have.

DO YOU REALLY THINK MALES WANT TO HEAR A WOMEN TALK DURING THERE ENTIRE GAME???

plus she isnt good and she isnt sexy

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Out of all the female announcers out there, she is one of the few I enjoy. Really knows her stuff

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I like her ...

Wilmette22
    Wilmette22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Burke's Bark - no bite

I mute the TV and listen to the radio broadcast while watching ESPN games that Burke broadcasts. She is terrible. If you're looking for someone whose idea of doing color on an NBA game is memorizing and ominously repeating her shallow repertoire of words like Heart, Passion, Dedication, Toughness and her newest addition "Predicated, predicated, predicated", then Burke is the girl for you. I don't know how on earth she's made it up to the point that she's doing NBA playoff games. Doris is a stat robot. When I watch a game I want to hear the color analyst give us insight, intricacies and knowledgeable criticisms of the game at hand. You'll never hear Burke holler "That was a terrible call", Come to think of it, you'll never hear her holler. I have several NBA teams as clients and get plenty of the insight into the inner workings of NBA broadcasts. Many are baffled by ESPN's decision to elevate Burke over much more qualified and talented color analysts. The NBA funds the WNBA, which looses money every year, in an attempt to promote women's sports and keep fans enthused about basketball during the 'off season'. Word has it that ESPN has decided to take their usual, award winning broadcast team down several notches to allow a woman the opportunity to do the color for a major men's sports broadcast..
    I would be completely OK with this move is she earned it on her merits and talent, but she is 'average' at best and boring as all get-out. My mom is an NBA fan. My mom could do a game as well as Doris. I love my mom but I wouldn't want to hear her do a game.
    Granted, I concede that it's tough for any woman to break into the big-4 major sports broadcasts (NBA,NFL, NHL and MLB). There are other professional sports, like golf and tennis, where female commentators are among the best in their field. The ability to be critical, both positive and negative is, in my eyes, essential to a well called game. I think male sports fans aren't quite ready to hear a woman be 'critical' of male athletes. ESPN has several female Sportscenter anchors who I could listen to all day. Linda Kohn has been at the top of her game and the top of her field for years. She knows the 'game' and earned the respect of male fans to be critical of men's sports much like the way Don Rickles gets away with so many of his off-color comments. Hannah Storm, Sage Steele, Mary Carillo and Kelly Tilghman are just a few of many women who have earned their positions at the top of their broadcast professions.
    I'm sure there are plenty who feel Doris does just fine. That's fine. My dad likes baked potatoes with no toppings. That's fine.
    I have the ESPN game on in the background right now and it's easy to hear it in Dan Shulman's voice that he's struggling to 'cover' for Burke's B-league talents. Don't drop your standards ESPN. As you do, the game comes down with them.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

She cannot be bad if she gets tons of assignments

ESPN not putting on bad people

ESPN so successful because of workers

Girl knows game inside and out

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

She is better that Chris Mullin who may be retarded, a robot, or a retarded robot.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    She is better that Chris Mullin who may be retarded, a robot, or a retarded robot.
    10x better

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I'd bang her.

First 123