freeze
    freeze's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yezzir with this line value im all over it (vcu vs odu)

I live rt by these schools and i know Odu is better. I know they will win this.

Odu is hott right now on a 8 game winning streak. i dont see them stopping here tonite. During that winning streak they went 6-1-1 ats.

These 2 split this year vcu beating odu at home by 9 and odu beating vcu in their last meeting at vcu by 11.

This line at -4.5 opened at 4 i believe we get a good line because vcu was 5 point dogs last nite and blasted george mason by 16. otherwise i belive this line would be around -6,-6.5 around that area.

neutral court or not where they are playing is actually right around the corner from each other prolly an hr difference or so. but expect there to be alot of odu fans their. so im going to give this court advantage to odu.

nehow with that being said im taking ODU -4.5 (IM BUYING THE HOOK GETTING IT AT -4)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AS ALWAYS

freeze

ALSO, i dont wanna hear that odu has nothing to play for. well if they didnt then they may as well not even show up to the game cuz its pointless. trust me this kids wanna win. go back to odu and think they are superstars. im feeling real good bout odu

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

you got an avatar. now i can support your picks. BOL

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow freeze....not sure if you actually live that close to the area cuz you would definitely know that VCU would be considered the home team. I'm going to the game and it is going to be absolutely packed with VCU fans man!!!! Come on, get real a bit and don't toss out the idea that ODU is more of a hometeam here lol.....students at VCU can literally walk there! ODU is about an hour or two away from the Colisseum......I can not believe your post about thinking ODU is more of a hometeam here.

Other sbr members, be very very cautious listening to this guy.....he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to who has the 'theoretical' homecourt advantage. I'm all over VCU +4.5.....I would tread real carefully going with ODU. Expect fishy refereeing and fishy plays/subs by ODU coach. GO RAMS!

freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    you got an avatar. now i can support your picks. BOL
    lol starfire put me on it he gave this avatar to me so i put it as my avatar lol

freeze

dude i party at odu all the time and its bout an hour away their fans will pack the place. dont sit up here and tell me

sportman1313

dude, VCU is 1.2 miles from the colisseum....the school is throwing away free tickets. Literally the whole VCU will be there.....bro, no disrespect but you're suggestion that ODU is the hometeam is absolutely moronic. Get real man

freeze

so im taking it ur biased ur a vcu fan thats all we will see the outcome of the game and u look like a donkey

sportman1313

haha, far from a vcu fan....don't like them the least bit man. U already made yourself look like a donkey claiming that ODU is the hometeam....what a joke man. Yes, I'm playing VCU on this one but i don't like them at all......they'll get it done today tho (just fyi, in the caa I like mason and still think they'll be dangerous in the tourney). I like how ODU plays also and am not a fan of vcu the least bit......only in the area cuz brother goes here. They're in a very good spot here. I don't like to make probs on this forum but I'm just trying to clarify that what you said is way off about odu fans being more in number than vcu fans in this one....pretty comical actually. Regardless thod, BOL to u man
    Quote Originally Posted by freeze View Post
    so im taking it ur biased ur a vcu fan thats all we will see the outcome of the game and u look like a donkey

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

take it easy guys, its just a game

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post
    wow freeze....not sure if you actually live that close to the area cuz you would definitely know that VCU would be considered the home team. I'm going to the game and it is going to be absolutely packed with VCU fans man!!!! Come on, get real a bit and don't toss out the idea that ODU is more of a hometeam here lol.....students at VCU can literally walk there! ODU is about an hour or two away from the Colisseum......I can not believe your post about thinking ODU is more of a hometeam here.

Other sbr members, be very very cautious listening to this guy.....he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to who has the 'theoretical' homecourt advantage. I'm all over VCU +4.5.....I would tread real carefully going with ODU. Expect fishy refereeing and fishy plays/subs by ODU coach. GO RAMS!
    you make some good points, but playing at the cavelike Richmond Coliseum isn't exactly a huge home-court advantage for a team that shoots 40.7% of their shots from 3-point range (yes, i know that they shot lights out yesterday, but i don't expect that to continue vs ODU). nothing like the cozy Siegel Center. i'm from Richmond and i can never remember the CAA tournament being packed regardless of which teams were in the finals. that said, i think that the line is tight, 1H under for me, and i'll definitely be pulling for you and your Rams for sentimental reasons (and to see the CAA get 3 teams in the tourney). have fun at the game, hope you get the straight-up ML winner.

freeze

well we will see come game time i know how odu fans are. so all ima say to u is we will see

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post
    dude, VCU is 1.2 miles from the colisseum....the school is throwing away free tickets. Literally the whole VCU will be there.....bro, no disrespect but you're suggestion that ODU is the hometeam is absolutely moronic. Get real man
    i basically agree with you except for one thing: if the school's giving away free tickets, there's no demand for tickets. if the championship game had sold out in record time after VCU upset GMU yesterday, you'd have a better point. the Coliseum will be half-filled at most as always for a non-wrestling event.

freeze

Go big blue

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    i basically agree with you except for one thing: if the school's giving away free tickets, there's no demand for tickets. if the championship game had sold out in record time after VCU upset GMU yesterday, you'd have a better point. the Coliseum will be half-filled at most as always for a non-wrestling event.
    that means ODU has got a chance to win

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Quietly walking backwards out of room.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

freeze you fuckin dumbass, vcu is right next to the fukin arena. im def going against u

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by IAMWINNER View Post
    that means ODU has got a chance to win
    definitely. personally, i wouldn't bet on it, though. the VCU team that played yesterday was a lot different than the one that's been showing up the last few weeks. we'll see if that same team shows up again tonight.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

You would think the conference finals tickets would be sold the day before gameday? Anyhow, even though this game is closer to the campus of VCU I still think ODU is a better team. If VCU can shoot lights out like yesterday they'll take the game...I just don't see it happening.

freeze

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    freeze you fuckin dumbass, vcu is right next to the fukin arena. im def going against u
    bring it btch and dont forget to post here when u look stupid. dont play hide n seek

freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    You would think the conference finals tickets would be sold the day before gameday? Anyhow, even though this game is closer to the campus of VCU I still think ODU is a better team. If VCU can shoot lights out like yesterday they'll take the game...I just don't see it happening.
    i give it to em they had a good game but i personally dfont see them doin it twice in a row

grzftbl
    grzftbl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Jesus, it's not like ODU has to travel across country to get there! So, basically, both teams will be well represented (fan wise).

I'm pulling for our old coach and ODU but it wouldn't surprise me if VCU covers.

My .02, BOL to all.

freeze

Quote Originally Posted by grzftbl View Post
    Jesus, it's not like ODU has to travel across country to get there! So, basically, both teams will be well represented (fan wise).

I'm pulling for our old coach and ODU but it wouldn't surprise me if VCU covers.

My .02, BOL to all.

i kno just becuase vcu is closer dont mean they will have home adv. but i may be wrong bout odu having it and if vcu really does it wouldnt be by a whole lot reguardless tho i dont see vcu having another game like yesterday

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler

The huge dissadvantage VCU has is on the glass. ODU are monsters getting rebounds. They out rebounded VCU 40-21 with 18 offensive rebounds in their last meeting. Even in ODU loss to VCU they still out rebounded them. How is VCU gonna keep up?

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    you would think, but it's just never been that way for the CAA tournament. i swear, in some games, it gets windy in there, it's so cavernous and empty. that's why i'm on the 1H under, esp after both played such high-scoring 1Hs yesterday. VCU hit 9 threes in the 1H Sunday, what do you think ODU's primary focus will be from the outset? VCU's solid, but ODU is better, esp on boards and defense. they should be able to keep VCU from getting untracking from outside by turning it into a grind from the outset. well, at least that's what i'm hoping....

freeze

you would think, but it's just never been that way for the CAA tournament. i swear, in some games, it gets windy in there, it's so cavernous and empty. that's why i'm on the 1H under, esp after both played such high-scoring 1Hs yesterday. VCU hit 9 threes in the 1H Sunday, what do you think ODU's primary focus will be from the outset? VCU's solid, but ODU is better, esp on boards and defense. they should be able to keep VCU from getting untracking from outside by turning it into a grind from the outset. well, at least that's what i'm hoping....
    hey best of luck on ur under

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

i like odu to control this game from the tip

BiffTFinancial

hey best of luck on ur under
    thanks! here are the attendance figures from yesterday's semifinal games (bearing in mind that the Richmond Coliseum holds just shy of 12,000): for Hofstra/ODU, 8,962; for VCU/GMU, N/A. that's right, with the local team in the semis against #25 Mason, the numbers were so bad that they did not report them. i'm calling b.s. on that 8,962 too, place was maybe a little more than half-full from the looks of it. there may be more VCU fans than ODU fans there, but it won't exactly be Cameron Indoor.

freeze

thanks! here are the attendance figures from yesterday's semifinal games (bearing in mind that the Richmond Coliseum holds just shy of 12,000): for Hofstra/ODU, 8,962; for VCU/GMU, N/A. that's right, with the local team in the semis against #25 Mason, the numbers were so bad that they did not report them. i'm calling b.s. on that 8,962 too, place was maybe a little more than half-full from the looks of it. there may be more VCU fans than ODU fans there, but it won't exactly be Cameron Indoor.
    what do u got the under at

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

dont play hide n seek

BiffTFinancial

what do u got the under at
    1H under 58. don't want to take any chances with OT or elimination game FTs here.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

when ever i hear somebody saying buying the hook... I ALWAYS TAKE THE OTHER TEAM ML!!!!!

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler

oh really, so they actually don't start selling tickets to the championship until they know what schools are in it?

freeze

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    when ever i hear somebody saying buying the hook... I ALWAYS TAKE THE OTHER TEAM ML!!!!!
    That's funny because in almost all my posts I buy the hook and I know you would be down money if u did

hoyas2007
    hoyas2007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Biff - I was at GMU-VCU yesterday. The stadium was really full. I don't know if it was max, but I remember looking into the upper decks and the only seats that were empty were at the way top in the corners.

VCU had pretty solid fan attendance against George Mason. It was a bit hard to tell because both teams have the same yellow color, so pretty much everyone was wearing yellow. But there were definitely more VCU fans than GMU. I would expect the same tonight. I would be shocked if the stadium isn't near full capacity. ODU fans will make the trip - Richmond is close to ODU and I bet a lot of ODU alums/students who are on spring break live in Richmond anyways...

1234 Last