BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggums5 View Post
    oh really, so they actually don't start selling tickets to the championship until they know what schools are in it?
    no, perhaps i didn't state it clearly. CAA tournament doesn't sell out, never has, so usually there are tickets available on Sunday and people purchase once they're sure that their team is in. a contributing factor is that the final is on a Monday night, so most people aren't looking to commit to staying an extra weekday if their team isn't in the final. bottomline: i'm pretty sure that anyone could walk up to the Coliseum right now and buy a ticket for tonight, so the notion that VCU will have this unreal HCA in a packed house is a definite stretch.

freeze
    freeze's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    1H under 58. don't want to take any chances with OT or elimination game FTs here.
    Geeze that's low bol to u tho and I can understand ur point if its a close game so just hope for a lot of d

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

this is going to be a great game to watch ethier way. serious rivalry here.

check this out for a preview:

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2011/...d-Dominion-VCU

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Seems to me that the usual factors that constitute home court advantage are basically non existent here. Crowd-minimal if any. Familiarity with floor and rims-even. Travel is a non factor. I feel that ODU wins this game, but I believe the line is slightly inflated to the favorite.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by hoyas2007 View Post
    Biff - I was at GMU-VCU yesterday. The stadium was really full. I don't know if it was max, but I remember looking into the upper decks and the only seats that were empty were at the way top in the corners.

VCU had pretty solid fan attendance against George Mason. It was a bit hard to tell because both teams have the same yellow color, so pretty much everyone was wearing yellow. But there were definitely more VCU fans than GMU. I would expect the same tonight. I would be shocked if the stadium isn't near full capacity. ODU fans will make the trip - Richmond is close to ODU and I bet a lot of ODU alums/students who are on spring break live in Richmond anyways...
    hmmm, very interesting, thanks for that. i just figured that if the later game was reported at 8,900 (about 75% capacity) and the earlier game with VCU/GMU at N/A (and on tv it didn't look that full), the numbers couldn't have been that impressive, but some eyes from inside the arena are worth more than
    anything else. good, i hope that they do sell-out, it's always been such an uphill battle marketing that tournament, i guess i'm naturally pessimistic about it. went to that tournament a number of times with my dad and we were always saddened by the attendance. maybe the CAA is turning a corner. after all, they could send three teams to the tourney if VCU wins tonight.

anywho, that'd be great if they could pack the place, but even if they do, i don't think that it will be an overwhelming home court advantage for VCU, there will be a significant number of Monarchs fans who were expecting them to play tonight all along. i hope that the place is so full that it shakes and makes shooting impossible for the sake of my 1H under, heh heh.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    Seems to me that the usual factors that constitute home court advantage are basically non existent here. Crowd-minimal if any. Familiarity with floor and rims-even. Travel is a non factor. I feel that ODU wins this game, but I believe the line is slightly inflated to the favorite.
    don't forget that the shooting background at the Coliseum is really harsh. in my book that plays to ODU's advantage, though VCU sure didn't have a problem torching the nets yesterday.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

no, perhaps i didn't state it clearly. CAA tournament doesn't sell out, never has, so usually there are tickets available on Sunday and people purchase once they're sure that their team is in. a contributing factor is that the final is on a Monday night, so most people aren't looking to commit to staying an extra weekday if their team isn't in the final. bottomline: i'm pretty sure that anyone could walk up to the Coliseum right now and buy a ticket for tonight, so the notion that VCU will have this unreal HCA in a packed house is a definite stretch.
    Oh ok, got it now. Sad to see since the CAA is very good this year too.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by freeze View Post

Geeze that's low bol to u tho and I can understand ur point if its a close game so just hope for a lot of d
    i know. i rarely go below 60, but i hit a 59 and a 59' yesterday. i don't like game unders once we're out of regular season. if one team's down 8-10, they might start the FT parade with 3 minutes left and add an extra 10-15 points to the game.

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with nearly all your points bifftfinancial....you brought up really solid things to consider and I agree with you that ODU is the better overall team but this VCU team is hot off the win, will definitely get favoritism from refs, they're playing much better ball than they were before this tourney, and can definitely match up well against this ODU team....plus, if they hit their shots they'll win it for sure. I'm not a fan of vcu but brother goes to the school and there are for sure many many VCU students going.....doubt it'll be at max capacity but vcu will w/o a doubt be more represented there. Should be fun and hope they win.....BOL all and hope u hit the under bifft

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post
    I agree with nearly all your points bifftfinancial....you brought up really solid things to consider and I agree with you that ODU is the better overall team but this VCU team is hot off the win, will definitely get favoritism from refs, they're playing much better ball than they were before this tourney, and can definitely match up well against this ODU team....plus, if they hit their shots they'll win it for sure. I'm not a fan of vcu but brother goes to the school and there are for sure many many VCU students going.....doubt it'll be at max capacity but vcu will w/o a doubt be more represented there. Should be fun and hope they win.....BOL all and hope u hit the under bifft
    yeah, my numbers say ODU, but my heart says VCU so no play on the sides, just gonna root for that 1H under to come home then enjoy the rest. here's hoping that VCU doesn't start hitting from outside until the 2H.

freeze

Well looks like everyone had to say what they had to say. I would like the time to fly now so we can see a good game

freeze

i know. i rarely go below 60, but i hit a 59 and a 59' yesterday. i don't like game unders once we're out of regular season. if one team's down 8-10, they might start the FT parade with 3 minutes left and add an extra 10-15 points to the game.
    Yea I def understand n gj on ur other winners

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

i like it , gl man

freeze

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    i like it , gl man
    Thx bro you too

mitote
    mitote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5348

Good luck to all ODU backers! This will be a EZ win!

freeze

Easy sheese I hope so lol but I don't knwo if it'll be so easy gl

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line is 5.0

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM

yea lin at 5, i think ill lock in now with the rams. good luck all

freeze

Quote Originally Posted by IAMWINNER View Post
    Line is 5.0
    Let people know you are the only one who can say lock. Everyone else just sounds stupid when they saay it haha

freeze

Win or lose good luck everyone and no playing hide n seek tonite boys

freeze

BONUS PICK BONUS PICK BONUS PICK

OKC +3 VS memphis

Ya this is ncaa thread but its the same family

Take OKC +3 GL

freeze

30 mins till game time 1 hr n 30 for okc

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM

time to start crackin beers. which way you guys leaning for the late zaga game tonight?

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

what up freeze...finally able to get home and see whats up....im all over ODU...lets get some!!!

freeze

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    time to start crackin beers. which way you guys leaning for the late zaga game tonight?
    I think ima just watch that game I told some yesterday I like st marys -2 before the lines come out. And when they came out zaga was -2. So prolly a no play even tho I like st mary

freeze

Quote Originally Posted by romoney View Post
    what up freeze...finally able to get home and see whats up....im all over ODU...lets get some!!!
    What's up ro there u are. Nice avatar. Finally changed that igloo. Lol neways ya let's get it dude. Bol

romoney
    College Hoop Time
    romoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

the igloo was bad luck...put my golden girls up there

freeze

Well let's hope it works

757sFinest
    757sFinest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

ODU pulls away in the second half. ODU will break the press just like they did at the siegel center last time. The ONLY way VCU has a chance to win is if they shoot lights out!! They only way they win!! Of course the CAA wants Vcu to win but i heard there should be 3 acc refs there tonight. There is also talk around here that if ODU loses they may not even get selected I know it's crazy but true. So they have everything to play for!! Go Monarchs, Lets rep the 757!!!!

IAMWINNER

Line hit 4.0 at closing

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM

mike patrick looking horrible in that suit tonight.

freeze

Quote Originally Posted by 757sFinest View Post
    ODU pulls away in the second half. ODU will break the press just like they did at the siegel center last time. The ONLY way VCU has a chance to win is if they shoot lights out!! They only way they win!! Of course the CAA wants Vcu to win but i heard there should be 3 acc refs there tonight. There is also talk around here that if ODU loses they may not even get selected I know it's crazy but true. So they have everything to play for!! Go Monarchs, Lets rep the 757!!!!
    Ya boy 7-5-7

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM

btw place looks pretty full to me

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM

wtf caa fukin water on the floor during the ship?

IAMWINNER

VCU can't rebound

First 1234 Last