sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really like VCU +4.5

Think they win this one outright but will take the points in case they lose in the last seconds and such. I have followed both these teams and this game will be kind of a home game for VCU....think they play a solid one and come out to play. They'll continue their hot 3point shooting also....expect a fun game for sure

Lucky1g
    Lucky1g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6703

i like the play..best of luck

freeze
    freeze's Avatar Become A Pro!

no its not its more of an ODU home game but bol

sportman1313

WOW MAN, what are you talking about??? My little brother is at VCU and I'm going to the game....we're gonna walk from VCU to there LOL. COMEDIAN OF THE DAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by freeze View Post
    no its not its more of an ODU home game but bol

sportman1313

Same brother, let's get this cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky1g View Post
    i like the play..best of luck

freeze
    freeze's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post

WOW MAN, what are you talking about??? My little brother is at VCU and I'm going to the game....we're gonna walk from VCU to there LOL. COMEDIAN OF THE DAY!
    so ur biased funny well we will see whose laughin at the end of the game donkey

hoyas2007
    hoyas2007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sportsman1313 -

What do you think of this? I posted it in another forum:

I was at the George Mason-VCU game yesterday. VCU didn't just win because of three point shooting, although that was crucial in getting them the big lead in the first half. What impressed me the most about how they played was their defense. GMU looked totally lost on offense - they couldn't generate good shots, everything was contested, they were forcing a lot of shots, etc. Things opened up a little for GMU in the second half, but I was very impressed all game long with VCU's defense.

A couple interesting things: VCU had 10 offensive boards against GMU yesterday, which I thought were critical. GMU had some chances to get back into the game in the second half, but VCU got some extra possessions through offensive rebounds that were huge for them. However, VCU also gave up 16 offensive rebounds. It's a little misleading because 4 of those came on one possession, but regardless, they didn't do a great job on the defensive glass. ODU is a rebounding machine both on the offensive and defensive glass, so this could be a problem for VCU if they give up offensive boards tonight. I also wouldn't count on 10 offensive boards for them against ODU. The GMU bigs were in foul trouble most of the game which helped VCU dominate the offensive glass - that seems unlikely tonight.

The other big thing is that the crowd will be around 75% VCU supporters tonight. The game isn't at VCU's home stadium, but it is in Richmond and the VCU fans will all be there. If VCU can keep it close, they will feel right at home in that stadium.

The two teams split their games in the regular season, with ODU winning at VCU and VCU winning at ODU.

ODU seems like the better team to me, and they are rolling. I like the matchup for them. They rebound better, they rely on 2s instead of 3s (so fatigue should be less of an issue), and they are really experienced - all seniors and juniors. Only thing that makes me hesitate is the home crowd on VCU's side, plus 5 points seems like a lot. I gotta think ODU wins and covers though. Thoughts?