sicky123
    sicky123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Opinions on Georgia +5? @ Alabama ???????

Big game this weekend in the SEC !!!!

Alabama has now dropped 2 straight after a collapse in the 2half on the road @ Florida. Alabama should be in, but really needs a win to help the cause/seed!!!

Georgia on the other hand coming off 2 easy wins since their loss @ Florida. A win on the road @ Alabama might actually open the door up for a possible back door entry into the tournament !!! ???

My guess is the line will be Bama -5. Agree or Disagree ????

What do you think about the game ????

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Sicky - Georgia doesnt need a back door entry; they are in the tourney. It'll depend if Trey Thompkins can go for Georgia. He's nursing a bad toe and may not be able to play. This could be a big loss for Georgia. This guy is a lottery pick in this year's draft.

sicky123

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    Sicky - Georgia doesnt need a back door entry; they are in the tourney. It'll depend if Trey Thompkins can go for Georgia. He's nursing a bad toe and may not be able to play. This could be a big loss for Georgia. This guy is a lottery pick in this year's draft.
    Thanks Silver. Didn't know he was hurt!

Official line Bama -5 fellers.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd take Bama here but I think there are better games to bet on.

sicky123

Any updates on Trey Thompkins ?

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

got georgia.... bol

SilverTongueFox

Thompkins will be a game time decision. Personally, I think he gives it a go, but they want push him if its too sore. Georgia also without F Marcus Thornton. If Georgia can knock down some 3's and shoot well from the free throw line, I think they can keep this one close and should have a chance to win.

BTW, I'm a UGA homer so I'll sit this one out.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Bama has been falling apart lately. No way they'll cover.

matthewsg
    matthewsg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia is NOT in the tourney already. They need this game badly. I see Bama winning but not covering this game. As an UGA fan, I hope I'm wrong. We just make too many boneheaded plays down the stretch to win these types of games.

SilverTongueFox

Matt - i completely disagree. UGA will be an at large bid no matter today's outcome. 20 wins and top 35 RPI - in my opinion that gets them in. They are on no one's bubble list - projected 7 to 10 seed. Bama needs this game more so I think they'll win at home today, but I like UGA to cover.

KurtNor
    KurtNor's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you'll find Georgia has been the best road team in the sec. 5 points here is a good play.

SilverTongueFox

Bama is 9-2 ATS at home. I think a better play might be UGA 1st half +2.5. UGA has been a solid dog in the 1st half in conference games. Leading UK (once), UF (twice) and Vandy (twice) at the half - lost both games to UF and both games to Vandy with bad 2nd half play.

I'm laying off b/c I am a huge UGA fan, but if I had to pick, I would probably go 1st half UGA +pts.

Whatever you decide BOL today.
    Last edited by SilverTongueFox; 03-05-11 at 09:32 AM.

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bama is 9-2 ATS at home. I think a better play might be UGA 1st half +2.5. UGA has been a solid dog in the 1st half in conference games. Leading UK (once), UF (twice) and Vandy (twice) at the half - lost both games to UF and both games to Vandy with bad 2nd half play. I'm laying off b/c I am a huge UGA fan, but if I had to pick, I would probably go 1st half UGA +pts. Whatever you decide BOL today.
    If Thompkins and Thorton are out take Bama full game, 1st half, 2nd half, Under

SilverTongueFox

Jay Bilas quote "Bama is the team most in need of a win today" - could tie for the SEC regular season title and miss the tournament if they lose today.

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jay Bilas quote "Bama is the team most in need of a win today" - could tie for the SEC regular season title and miss the tournament if they lose today.
    Only if Thompkins is out, if he plays UGA should cover. Its like Klay Thompson being out for Wash St. today, will be huge to replace Trey.

GGRIF82
    GGRIF82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

IV GOT GEORGIA ON MY MIND

balla05
    balla05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

First post ever!!!! Im on UGA!!!

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Georgia and Bama both need this game. Neither are officially in yet. Bama is on the outside of the bubble I think at this moment.