agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

George Mason just wasn't prepared for the intensity of playing a team fighting for their season on their home court. I'm not sure ODU was either because Hofstra's defense is just terrible. I'm still kinda pissed about these middle-of-the-pack teams like UNLV, VCU, UTEP, and South Dakota State getting to play their conference tournaments at home. Why should teams like Oakland U have to travel halfway across the country to play a true road game when they're the #1 seed in their conference?

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

I'm taking VCU tonight, but with betpoints only. I am not putting real money on the game, so take that for what it is worth. There are several reasons for this:

1. Home game for VCU.
    2. ODU embarrassed VCU at home on national TV a few weeks ago, just like Mason did.
    3. If you saw VCU against Drexel, you would bet your life that the fix was in for VCU to win this tournament. Worse screw job in the history of basketball over a full game. Worse than Kings/Lakers. They just didn't need any help against Mason because GMU was so awful.
    4. VCU is playing for their season; a lot more at stake than the Monarchs have.
    5. VCU has the capablility of popping 3's, which is the one weakness ODU has on defense (3pt defense).
    6. Delaware and Hofstra both ran offensive sets that got them very easy shots against ODU's defense in the early going. ODU was able to adjust the defense because neither Delaware nor Hofstra is as reliant on scoring from behind the line. That adjustment isn't as likely to work against VCU. I look for the Rams to copy the plan of Delaware and Hofstra and end up with good looks much of the night.
    7. I already have "real money" on an ODU future, so this gives me a great opportunity to perhaps middle if ODU wins a close game. Even if all it will give me is a few points and no real cash.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

ODU -4 Looks too easy.

IAMWINNER
    IAMWINNER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    ODU -4 Looks too easy.
    Game will be close. Bookmaker has 4.5 take VCU?

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

VCU VCU....iamwinner, VCU +4.5 is the play here. They're extremely motivated and will compete in the paint against odu....i see them imposing their style in this one and winning the game outright. BOL all

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

wow this is the game

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Yes I'm going to gloat.

Yes I'm going to call myself a genius.

Yes I will congratulate all those who won, and backed ODU.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Time Stamp folks of the original post.

02-25-11, 12:02 AM

First 12