agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Help me out, guys. Which of these road favs are traps?

Notre Dame -4 @ Providence: ND is one of the stronger teams in the Big East this year, and Providence has lost to DePaul and gave up 90+ points to a terrible Cinci offense. However, they did beat Louisville at home.

Purdue -5.5 @ Indiana: Indiana is bad and seems to be getting worse. They've lost at home to Iowa, Northwestern, and Penn State. Yet they also beat Minnesota, Illinois, and dominated Michigan at home. Purdue is the hottest team in the Big Ten right now, maybe even the entire country. But its a rivalry game at Assembly Hall. The crowd is going to be super-rabid for this one. Purdue played tight at home vs. IU earlier this year.

UNC -5.5 @ North Carolina State: Let's face it: NC State is *BAD* and even that CJ Leslie led recruiting class couldn't save Sidney Lowe's job. But its a rivalry game, on the road in a place Duke got dominated last year. UNC still has serious problems with guard play, too.

Wisconsin -4 @ Michigan: Michigan is playing better toward the end of the season, and Tim Hardaway Jr has really found his game. However, Michigan has been straight ANNIHILATED by Wisconsin the last two years at home, losing in ultra-slow paced blowouts where Wisconsin totally imposed their will. Michigan coach John Beilein has never beaten Wisconsin. Then again he never beat MSU before this season either...

All 4 games look very tempting, especially on the moneyline. However, maybe I should concentrate on home favs instead like Georgetown vs. Cinci, Boston College vs. Miami, and Mizzou vs. Baylor.

Or I could get ultra-conservative and just take Texas A/M and Duke moneyline.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watford is back for Indiana if that helps.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I'd say the biggest potential trap IMO would be purdue because they are coming off an extremely huge win... typical let down scenario. That being said IU could just show up and lay an egg. It's a big Rivalry regardless of the record disparity.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I don't know which ones are traps but i'd say 2 of the 4 won't cover. The one that sticks out most to me is michigan.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

love nd but indiana might be the one trap

Counterfeit Cash
    Bets the under 95% of the time...
    Counterfeit Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Wisconsin/Michigan, then Notre Dame/Providence close second.

I think Purdue will take care of Indiana and the spread, same with UNC.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

I'm most confident in UNC, assuming your are speaking moneylines. There are only 2.5 legitimate teams in the ACC. I am not directly including FSU because of the Singleton injury. NC State has a history of falling behind big, and falling behind early. That could take the crowd out of the game, and UNC has gone back to the days of Ty Lawson where they are pushing the ball. I think the post play of Henson and Zeller is too much for NC State

Wisconsin should be able to handle Michigan tonight. Michigan is undersized, and young. That is not a good matchup for a Wisconsin team that likes to grind it out, and is not afraid to use all the shot clock to get off a quality shot. The experience of this Wisconsin team wins this game.

Notre Dame has struggled awfully on the road, but they haven't faced such a porous defense as Providence. If Providence shoots hot from 3, they have a chance. This would be #3 on the confidence.

I don't know what to make of the Purdue/Indiana game. Purdue is playing like one of the best teams in the country right now. Indiana has been for the most part pretty lousy, although they have shown life at Assembly Hall. The game is also in the deathly 5-5.5 spread area, which I am not a fan of playing. This would be my least confident ML play of the 4