sicky123
    sicky123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Opinions on Wisconsin @ Michigan ??????????

What do you guys think about this match up tomorrow night ?

CindyCryBaby
    CindyCryBaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2143

i like the under

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6929

Leanin' on Michigan +3.5, would really like someone to talk me out of it...

sicky123

I am trying to figure it out myself Gonad. I don't know enough about Michigan, but it seems they have improved and are playing the best ball of the season. Have heard from good bball minds that Morris is playing great now, and definitely one of the best PGs out there. Good guard play is always key when you are playing a team like Wisconsin.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Lines are sharp this time of year and the opener here is no exception. I'm looking for it to go to 4 and may put a small value play on Michigan.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Darius Morris is good, and Tim Hardaway Jr is blowin up big time, but they're still underclassmen. Wisconsin is the only Big Ten team John Beilein has never beaten. They're just an extremely poor matchup for Michigan. Wisconsin runs a similar offense, but they are bigger, stronger, more experienced, more skilled, and more talented than Michigan. Granted, Wisconsin is a crappy road team this year, but last year at Crisler Arena 70% of the shots Wisconsin took with 3 seconds or less on the shot clock went in. Michigan's bigs are going to get in major foul trouble trying to guard Jon Leuer and you can forget about keeping Jordan Taylor out of the lane. Michigan's extremely weak defensively they're slow to rotate on defense so expect a very large amount of wide open 3pt shots for Nankavil, Taylor, Leuer, and Gasser.

My gut tells me Wisconsin gets out to a double digit lead by the 2nd TV timeout and never trails.

sicky123

Is Michigan that bad defensively ? They did a decent job against Ohio State, and @ Ohio State at that. Michigan had a 6 point lead in the 2half, and the bucks had less than 30 pts @ around 16mins or so.

Can you explain this one more ?

"but last year at Crisler Arena 70% of the shots Wisconsin took with 3 seconds or less on the shot clock went in"

Did Michigan force wiscy into shots that late in the shot clock often ? Even though they ended up making them last year I would consider that to be more of a negative for the badgers if it happened too often.

sicky123

Morgan also did a great job against/on Sullinger so why so sure he won't be able to hold his own tomorrow against the wiscy bigs ?

Don't think he will be able to chase them out on the perimeter ? He seems like a pretty atheltic big to me. Not sure he will have that much trouble following someone around.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

over is the play

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    My gut tells me Wisconsin gets out to a double digit lead by the 2nd TV timeout and never trails.
    Thats indigestion.

Michigan is the play. No if, ands, or buts. If Wisky was going to win handily, they would have been -4.5/-5

The line says everything. Stop trying to handicap, and let the oddsmakers tell you what way to go.

Gonad
    Gonad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6929

See, you guys go breakin' down the nuts and bolts of the game, then Houli steps in with language I can understand...

Michigan is the play, albeit a small one...

sicky123

Quote Originally Posted by Gonad View Post
    See, you guys go breakin' down the nuts and bolts of the game, then Houli steps in with language I can understand...

Michigan is the play, albeit a small one...
    Nothing wrong with covering the bases !

The line does say Michigan though. Opened at 3 too.

sicky123

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    over is the play
    Heard somewhere Michigan might look to push the pace if possible. I don't think they will go crazy, but they might let it fly a bit quicker than usual if they get a good look.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Thats indigestion. Michigan is the play. No if, ands, or buts. If Wisky was going to win handily, they would have been -4.5/-5 The line says everything. Stop trying to handicap, and let the oddsmakers tell you what way to go.
    Damn, this is way too easy.

Although the Wolverines are second in the Big Ten in three-pointers made and first in three-pointers attempted, they are only eighth in the Big Ten in three-point shooting percentage.
    The Wolverines will have to make their threes on a consistent basis if they are going to upset the Badgers Wednesday night.

Take Wisky and thank me later. I accept cash, V.isa/M.astercard, food stamps.
    Last edited by LockPickMaster; 02-23-11 at 07:30 AM.

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

The line is only -3.5 cause in the big ten the home team does really well. Wisconsin is a well coached team, makes it free throws and plays good d. Michigan has been playing real well as of late, so since Michigan is at home look for them to cover.

sicky123

Quote Originally Posted by LockPickMaster View Post
    Damn, this is way too easy.

Although the Wolverines are second in the Big Ten in three-pointers made and first in three-pointers attempted, they are only eighth in the Big Ten in three-point shooting percentage.
    The Wolverines will have to make their threes on a consistent basis if they are going to upset the Badgers Wednesday night.

Take Wisky and thank me later. I accept cash, V.isa/M.astercard, food stamps.
    Speaking of 3PT Novak has been on a huge slump, and has only been in the DD's scoring in 1 of his last 6 games.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Very simply...Mich. will have to knock down big shot after big shot while Wisky will just have to play their normal game. Though I think Wisky pulls away to a DD win it is always to lay points on the road...

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Big Ten is a home court league.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Michigan and over

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Big Ten is a home court league.
    hands down.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

I'm loving michigan tonight home coooking beat down

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

WIS and over.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

The Michigan Wolverines host the Wisconsin Badgers in the Wednesday early start Big Ten game.
    The Michigan Wolverines have made a late season charge as John Beilein’s team has won six of their last eight games. UM has played the 18th ranked schedule in the country going 7-8 in the Big Ten, 13-4 at home, and 0-6 against teams ranked in the top 25. Offensively the Wolverines are averaging 66.8 points per game while shooting 44.7 percent from the field and grabbing 33.8 offensive rebounds per game. Darius Morris is averaging 15.4 points and 6.9 assists, Tim Hardaway Jr. is averaging 13.2 points, and Jordan Morgan is averaging 9.5 points and 7.0 rebounds per game. Defensively Michigan is allowing 63.1 points per game while their opponents shoot 43.4 percent and they are 124th in defensive rebounding.
    The Wisconsin Badgers are purely playing for seeding in the NCAA Tournament as Bo Ryan’s squad has won eight of their last 10 games. The Badgers have played the 32nd ranked schedule in the country going 10-4 in the Big Ten and 3-5 on the road this year. Offensively Wisky is averaging 69.5 points per game shooting 45 percent from the floor and grabbing 32.5 offensive rebounds per game while they are also on a record pace shooting over 82 percent as a team on free throws. Jon Leuer is averaging 19.3 points and 7.3 rebounds per game, Jordan Taylor is averaging 17.8 points, and Keaton Nankivil is averaging 9.8 points. Defensively Wisconsin allows just 57.6 points per game and their opponents shoot 41.8 percent from the floor and they are 15th in the nation in defensive rebounding.
    Michigan is 7-1 against the spread in their last eight games overall, 5-2 against the spread in their last seven home games, and 5-1 against the spread following a cover. Wisconsin is 6-1 against the spread against a team with a winning record, 6-1 against the spread following a game which they didn’t cover, and 4-1 against the spread in their last five visits to Ann Arbor. The underdog has covered in four of the last five meetings of these two.
    The total here is set way too low at 121 as while both of these teams can play defense, they can both shoot and score as well and this one should esily go over. I also have a strong play on who will cover the srpead and
    Pick: Over 121

agharah1

Wisconsin takes so many of its shots late in the shot clock because that's how they play, they sit back and look for the best shot and then they take it, and its rare when a team as small and young as Michigan can stop them. The last two times they played in Ann Arbor Wisconsin scored an average of 65 points per game in 54 possessions.

Only way Michigan wins this game is if Wisconsin misses a lot of wide open shots. Luckily for them, Wisconsin has been shooting poorly on the road this season, and its cost them games @ Penn State and almost cost them @ Iowa.

skjjb4
    skjjb4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1070

The over looks so easy, both teams average makes thinks under. Mich scores ave 69while giving up 59 at home and Wis ave scores is 62 and defense is also 62. The last 10 games both teams average a score of around 130. JMO but the over should be the play. According to Vegas si there is 100% of the money on the over. Vegas was built off games like this.
    Any opinion is appreciated.

Godsmack
    Godsmack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3145

do not over think this game. badgers-3 to the bank

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

wisc and the over- bet seperate___

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

i WATCH EVERY GAME BOTH TEAM HAVE PLAYED

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

wisky -4

moses27
    moses27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9108

wisconsin his a great team they just beat the best team in the country in my eyes ohio st wisky in a blowout

EddieMony
    EddieMony's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the over.

agharah1

I don't like the over. Michigan REALLY struggles to score vs Wisconsin's "we play football on hardwood because the refs never call fouls on us" style defense. The last two meetings in Ann Arbor have been sub-55 possession games. Wisconsin is just *that* good at imposing their will on Michigan. Wisconsin is the only Big Ten team John Beilein has never beaten.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by moses27 View Post
    wisconsin his a great team they just beat the best team in the country in my eyes ohio st wisky in a blowout
    Ohio St. is not the best team in the country.

sicky123

Quote Originally Posted by skjjb4 View Post
    The over looks so easy, both teams average makes thinks under. Mich scores ave 69while giving up 59 at home and Wis ave scores is 62 and defense is also 62. The last 10 games both teams average a score of around 130. JMO but the over should be the play. According to Vegas si there is 100% of the money on the over. Vegas was built off games like this.
    Any opinion is appreciated.
    Vegas was built on slots, and table games.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Quote Originally Posted by sicky123 View Post
    Vegas was built on slots, and table games.

This, i like

12 Last