brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12476

Ill at Mich St

Mich St home -3
    Whats your take in this one. Looking at Mich St as the play.

sicky123
    sicky123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Books are begging for MSU action.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Im on msu ml

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

Quote Originally Posted by sicky123 View Post
    Books are begging for MSU action.
    How do u figure? The line has went from mich st-2 to -3??!!

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

michigan state wins imo

sicky123

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    How do u figure? The line has went from mich st-2 to -3??!!
    Because the line opened at -2 when it was obvious everyone and their mother was going to play the spartans tonight.

Bodog has the line at 4 now....lol

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

Because the line opened at -2 when it was obvious everyone and their mother was going to play the spartans tonight. Bodog has the line at 4 now....lol
    So you are saying they are beggin people to take Illinois. You realize this right? I hope you don't bet real monies. Explain how going from -2 to -4 is begging people to take the favorite.

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Because the line opened at -2 when it was obvious everyone and their mother was going to play the spartans tonight. Bodog has the line at 4 now....lol
    All I can say is I sure as hell wouldn't put money on Illinois on the road. They have been having trouble scoring and Michigan State is as hungry as any team right now, fighting to get a NCAA tourney bid.

sicky123

So you are saying they are beggin people to take Illinois. You realize this right? I hope you don't bet real monies. Explain how going from -2 to -4 is begging people to take the favorite.
    You a bit slow ?

The line opened at MSU -2 smarts. On their home court...Yea they were sure begging people to take the illini...lmao

sicky123

Quote Originally Posted by ouman101 View Post
    All I can say is I sure as hell wouldn't put money on Illinois on the road. They have been having trouble scoring and Michigan State is as hungry as any team right now, fighting to get a NCAA tourney bid.
    Exactly. Yet the Spartans opened at -2.

ouman101

Exactly. Yet the Spartans opened at -2.
    And? They are both pretty evenly matched teams and MSU is at home. Two weeks ago the Illini might have been favored. MSU seems to have got their act together and Illinois is struggling. I think Illinois has the more talented players though.

Its a tough environment for anyone to come in and win. BOL with Illinois.

sicky123

And? They are both pretty evenly matched teams and MSU is at home. Two weeks ago the Illini might have been favored. MSU seems to have got their act together and Illinois is struggling. I think Illinois has the more talented players though. Its a tough environment for anyone to come in and win. BOL with Illinois.
    and? and what ? and what I just explained ... is it that hard to understand ?

I am not taking ILL.

I lean MSU... for some of the reasons you said, but will not play it because I don't like the line 1 bit. I will watch, and either live bet it or bet the half if there is a reasonable price.

ouman101

I just don't see what you think is so sketchy about the line. Seems pretty accurate to me.

sicky123

I just don't see what you think is so sketchy about the line. Seems pretty accurate to me.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

Look sickly,

If the line opens at -2 and moves to -3.5 or -4 that means some serious money (played by people who know more than you do probably) has been laid on the spartans. To move the line 2 points takes serious cash. The books are begging money to come in on the Illini by giving the dog 2 more points. This is line movement 101. You saying that the books are begging money for Mich St would make sense had the line moved to -1 or pk but its the exact opposite

sicky123

Ok

I will try one more time.

If you were making the line. You would really set the team you thought was playing well, playing at home, and backs against the wall as only a 2 point favorite against a team that has been bad on the road, bad all around as of late, and on the road again here ?

sicky123

Look sickly,

If the line opens at -2 and moves to -3.5 or -4 that means some serious money (played by people who know more than you do probably) has been laid on the spartans. To move the line 2 points takes serious cash. The books are begging money to come in on the Illini by giving the dog 2 more points. This is line movement 101. You saying that the books are begging money for Mich St would make sense had the line moved to -1 or pk but its the exact opposite
    No.

You don't know what moved the line to 3/3.5/4

It could very well be public money moving that line. Maybe public, and sharp money. Most of the "public" is on MSU so that is where a lot of it is coming from I can tell you that.

Its not rocket science. Holmes.

The only group of people that would take the Illini +2 are:

A. Whales/Sharp Bettors
    B. People that fade public
    C. Illini homers

Guess which group are the only ones that would be able to move/hold anything ? Hint: not B or C

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

No. You don't know what moved the line to 3/3.5/4 It could very well be public money moving that line. Maybe public, and sharp money. Most of the "public" is on MSU so that is where a lot of it is coming from I can tell you that. Its not rocket science. Holmes. The only group of people that would take the Illini +2 are: A. Whales/Sharp Bettors B. People that fade public C. Illini homers Guess which group are the only ones that would be able to move/hold anything ? Hint: not B or C
    You are 100% correct. But don't tell me that books are begging for Mich St money by making the bet worse off than it was before. That is fuccing retarded. If they were begging, the line would be -1.5 you idiot. FYI = In all games there are sharps on both sides.

sicky123

You are 100% correct. But don't tell me that books are begging for Mich St money by making the bet worse off than it was before. That is fuccing retarded. If they were begging, the line would be -1.5 you idiot. FYI = In all games there are sharps on both sides.
    I told you the books were begging for MSU money releasing a -2 line. Get it yet ?

sicky123

btw

Good luck on MSU roman.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells

I told you the books were begging for MSU money releasing a -2 line. Get it yet ?
    I get it but that is wrong. Ken Pom has Illinois winning by 1. They were begging for Illinois from the start

sicky123

I get it but that is wrong. Ken Pom has Illinois winning by 1. They were begging for Illinois from the start
    Giving the struggling illini 2 points on the road against the resurgent spartans is begging for illini money ?

We will have to just agree to disagree.

Good luck !!

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

you both are right in your thinking but theres no way of knowing which is correct, the bookies could be setting the line low to get money on msu or you could also argue that the game should be close enough for only a -2 spread

sicky123

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    you both are right in your thinking but theres no way of knowing which is correct, the bookies could be setting the line low to get money on msu or you could also argue that the game should be close enough for only a -2 spread
    Looks like it. Due to a couple under the radar injuries for MSU.

ouman101

Good win boys! It was close the whole way, but MSU pulled it out at the end.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

nice win man