MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

OK- Gonzaga is shaving pts

I posted on this last week when I smelt a rat and I got my confirmation this week. Spread is 13.5. Up 12 w/ 1:00 left they miss 5 of 6 free throws and commit 2 turnovers in the final minute. Not only that, they foul in the open court w/ the double digit lead and when the shooter misses his free throw they give up an offensive rebound?

This team is crooked as hell, stay away. I have specific problems with Harris and Carter. Very fishy.

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Obviously something is up with that unless the players just felt like they didnt need to try anymore being up 10 points.. Its different when your up 10 points compared to being up 2-3 points in a tight game or down 2-3 points.. Then theres pressure to make your free throws but a guy aint really gonna give a shit if he misses or not when they are up 10 with a minute to play

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Yeah that was really fishy. Gonzaga was up 13 with like a minute to go. Then they miss a free throw and start fouling shooters. Then.....when Santa Clara misses shots Gonzaga turns the ball over.

I kept thinking Gonzaga was going to win by like 17 because Santa Clara kept missing and fouling but instead, Gonzaga started missing free throws and fouling Santa Clara.

Ridiculous ending.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

It was the same shit last week with them versus Loloya. Spread was 10, up by 15 with about a minute left they covered but again with under 1:30 left bricking free throws and odd turnovers, missed layups and at the end when LMD was letting Gonzaga dribble out the clock the PG just tosses the ball to a LMU player at half court w/ :04 left...they guy from LMU had this awkward and shocked look on his face, it was pretty funny actually, he just rolled the ball on the court instead of taking the uncontested layup and the Zags covered by 1/2 pt. Just a very very fishy deal when they are favored by double digits....they get the big lead and then it just looks phoney as they whittle it down by design.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Ok so then why shouldn't you be betting the other side and be on the same side as the shave.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Then just fade them ATS

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Ive been thinking this for awhile now,.There's a few other teams Ive been looking at thinking the same thing..
    Once they know there in the tourny,.who cares..there trying to make to pay books,.maybe for next semester tuition..who knows..

korbal29
    korbal29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

exactly just bet the other side and you should cash

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I can't complain because I was on the other side, but that was strange. I was sweating that one out.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't see, but that does sound very fishy.

That's basketball for ya

jboy4
    jboy4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont know, look at ST.Mary's last night. I think these two teams just arent that good.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

San Francisco might just turn out to be the class of the WCC. The Dons are at Gonzaga on Saturday. That will be interesting.

rofacapper
    rofacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

I go to Gonzaga.. I don't think it's shaving, we just aren't any good this year. Regardless, I've made more than I've lost fading this team.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by jboy4 View Post
    I dont know, look at ST.Mary's last night. I think these two teams just arent that good.
    I said last year St. Mary's kids were in on stuff. I would watch countless games where they would be down at the half by like 10 points to crap teams, the spread at the half would usually be like -10.5, just enough for them to win the game if you took them, they would always come back and win, but not cover, so if you too that -10.5 line you would cash about 90% of the time. I think they would get down on purpose and have their buddies bet big at halftime on them.

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

true

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

This team is not good and they play in a bad conference with other teams who are not good. The spread has nothing to do with anything, Vegas has a good idea of how close the game will be and they are right there. Unless a crazy amount of money is getting put down on the underdog in specific games there is no actual basis for the claims. Have the lines before gametime been moving hard?

There are tens to hundreds of games every year where a team misses free throws and does not cover.

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

I didn't watch the game, but you're probably reading into it too much. You have to remember that these are amateur players that are prone to mistakes and lapses of judgment.

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

I was on the right side of this one but I have to admit when Gonzaga went up 13 with 1 minute to play I thought I was done.