bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

uconn player declared for the draft

these types of things will only make the mid-majors stronger over time.

STORRS, Conn. (AP) - Connecticut junior forward Josh Boone said Friday he will make himself eligible for the NBA draft.

The 6-foot-10 Boone hasn't hired an agent, giving him the option of returning for his senior season. Boone has until June 18 to withdraw from the draft, which will take place June 28.

Boone has averaged nine points, seven rebounds and two blocked shots during his three seasons at UConn. He spent most of that time playing behind current NBA stars Emeka Okafor and Charlie Villanueva.

``Over the last three years at Connecticut, I have played with, and against, the highest level of competition in college basketball. I feel now is the time for me to explore the option of testing my basketball skills against the best players in the world,'' Boone said in a statement.

UConn coach Jim Calhoun supports Boone's decision.

``He has been and will continue to be a member of our basketball family and we will always be here to help Josh work through this process and arrive at the best decision for everyone involved,'' Calhoun said in a statement.

Two other UConn underclassmen could enter the draft. Sophomore swingman Rudy Gay has been projected as a top-five pick, and junior point guard Marcus Williams is considered one of the top playmakers in the nation.

They face an April 29 deadline to declare for the draft.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep, and EVERYONE from Florida is coming back next year. But, you know what, I'd be very surpried if they win the National Championship next season. You know how these things go. The best team rarely wins the tourney.

As fae as UCONN, Gay has to go. The older he gets, the less "potential" he has. Personally, I think this guy is a big time underachiever but is oozing with the word the scouts love. He is a protypical small forward in the NBA at 6'9" with a decent range, great athletic ability and a slasher.

I already miss CBB. I'm looking forward to the Maui in November.