PSABB
    PSABB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

OK, no sense waiting on this one as I have a feeling that the line is going to move against me in the next hour or so. Now, I normally don't play totals unless the system shows that there will be a 4 point minimum differential against the line, and tonight that's the case. Right now Syracuse-Villanova is hovering around 135.5 or 136, depending on your book. My system/model is showing that the final outcome of the game is going to be 141-142. So the play is going to be:

Syracuse/Villanova OVER 135 (buying the 1/2 point, hate playing totals with 1/2 pts)............1 UNIT

I'm only putting 1 unit on it because totals are just never something I play larger units on, even with the model telling me it's a good play. I'd rather lay higher units on the spread games where I see a big advantage.

So on day with a realllllly weak card, this will be the only other play of the night.

Good luck to all.

Aristocles
    Aristocles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Lets get these teams scoring some baskets!

Edit: Sonuvabitch. Oh well, it was very close. We'll get 'em next time
    Last edited by Aristocles; 02-21-11 at 08:16 PM.

PSABB

Well, Syracuse held up their end of the bargain, scoring one point more than the model predicted. Villanova, unfortunately, fell short of their output. Great game, with both teams really scoring freely in the 2nd half. We just needed one more basket to push, 3 points to win.

Syracuse/Villanova OVER 135............1 UNIT............LOSS -1.14

That's a 1-1 day, losing some juice. We'll pick it up tomorrow with some winners, looks like a nice slate of games.

OVERALL:

NCAABB: 13-7 (65%) +10.43 units
    NBA: 1-4 (20%) -3.27 units
    NHL: 4-3 (57%) +1.50 units
    Last edited by PSABB; 02-21-11 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Added game line result

PSABB

Hope everyone is doing well (if there's anyone there...sometimes feels like I'm talking to myself in this thread).

College hoops selections for the evening are:

Vanderbilt -5................................1 UNIT (buy the 1/2 point)
    South Carolina +1.5........................1 UNIT
    Indiana State +6.5.........................1 UNIT
    Michigan State +2.5.......................1 UNIT

I may have one more big NCAABB play and an NBA play...running some last minute numbers....stay tuned.

PSABB

Holding off on the NBA plays for the evening; I want to see how the changes I made to the system over the weekend work out before I make any recommendations.

I may have one more play for NCAA basketball later, but I want to see the line movement until around 7:30.

Adding an NHL play:

Carolina/NY Rangers UNDER 5.5.........1 UNIT

Best of luck to everyone tonight.

jackmyhoggoff
    jackmyhoggoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

STARRING @ Photo !!

PSABB

Quote Originally Posted by jackmyhoggoff View Post
    STARRING @ Photo !!
    She has a great ass, don't she???
    Points Awarded:

jackmyhoggoff gave PSABB 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PSABB

The night gets started off right with South Carolina....outright winner

PSABB

And another outright winner as Indiana State downs Northern Iowa 76-74

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does your system work for MLB

PSABB

Quote Originally Posted by LockPickMaster View Post
    Does your system work for MLB
    Yes it does...can't wait for the MLB season to start!!!

BrewMaster
    BrewMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1945

I think I found another thread to follow... Keep up the good work!

PSABB

2/22 RECAP

Sorry I didn't get around to recapping last night....was watching the Vanderbilt/Tenn game and crashed and burned a lot earlier than I usually do. Speaking of crashing/burning, last time I looked, Vanderbilt had a nice 9 point lead early in the second half, yet they wound up losing by 9. That monumental collapse prevented us from a nice 4-0 sweep in college hoops, which included 3 outright underdog winners.

Vanderbilt -5................................1 UNIT..................LOSS -1.12
    South Carolina +1.5........................1 UNIT................WIN +1.00
    Indiana State +6.5.........................1 UNIT.................WIN +1.00
    Michigan State +2.5.......................1 UNIT.................WIN +1.00

In the NHL, Carolina scores 2 goals in the 3rd to put us over the 5.5 goal total. Kind of alternating wins and losses in hockey, which is typical...then all of a sudden I'll break out 4 or 5 wins in a row. It's coming.

Carolina/NY Rangers UNDER 5.5.........1 UNIT..............LOSS -1.40

The really good news is that the additional adjustments I made over the weekend for the NBA worked out nicely last night. The system's two selections would have been Indiana -2 and Charlotte -6.5, both of which were winners. So moving on I'll have some NBA selections too, and we'll look to add some additional $$$ to our pockets with those.

Back later tonight with some selections.

OVERALL:

NCAABB: 16-8 (66%) +12.31 units
    NBA: 1-4 (20%) -3.27 units
    NHL: 4-4 (50%) +0.10 units

PSABB

Quote Originally Posted by BrewMaster View Post
    I think I found another thread to follow... Keep up the good work!
    Thanks, Brew

PSABB

Whew....lots of good looking matchups tonight. Will have the selections up between 5:30 and 6 PM EST.

PSABB

Big night on tap, so let's get this hump day party started! I've got 8 selections tonight which are as follows:

UNLV +3..............................2 UNITS
    New Mexico State +1.5.........2 UNITS
    Miami FL +3.........................1 UNIT
    Evansville +3.......................1 UNIT
    Georgia State +3.5...............1 UNIT
    Central Michigan +3...............1 UNIT

In the NBA we have one game:

Houston -5.5..................................... ......1 UNIT

** Note: The system also recommended Sacramento +14 as a very, very, very borderline play. I mean, it was right dead-solid on the cutoff number; not even a tenth or a hundredth of a percentage point over...which has never happened before in all of the years I've been using this model. If it was almost any other team, I'd play it...small. Being that it's the Kings, I'm gonna pass on this one and advise you to do the same. Just throwing it out there to track it.

And lastly, in the NHL we have one game:

Florida/Ottawa UNDER 5.5 goals................1 UNIT

Gonna head out with the little lady and the kids for a well-deserved dinner, but I'll be back later to update and recap. And as always, best of luck to everyone.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Match up on a couple of plays with you tonight. Good luck.

PSABB

Same to you, bro

Aristocles

GL, buddy

PSABB

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocles View Post
    GL, buddy
    Right back at ya!

PSABB

Try as they might, Miami FL didn't "pull a Vandy" and held on for a nice outright win.

PSABB

2/23 RECAP

Well, last night was one of those nights where you get bitch-slapped to remind you of the things that you should or shouldn't be doing. I honestly made two errors last night that were rookie mistakes (and after 20+ years of doing this I should know better)...and sure enough they came back to haunt me.

My first mistake was in letting my personal perceptions cloud the system's recommendation on Sacramento vs. Orlando. Sacramento +14 should have been a play - see the note in post #51 - it fit into the parameters of the system. But because it was the Kings, I decided to pass on the game. And not only does Sacramento get the win, but they do it outright 111-105 in Orlando. That was a "win" that should have been added to the final tally.

The second mistake was that I should have bought the extra 1/2 point on a few occasions, but didn't. In the Houston-Cleveland game, a 1/2 point would have been a push rather than a loss. Why didn't I buy it? Because it was Cleveland. Again, personal perception. In the Georgia State-William & Mary game, buying the extra 1/2 point would have been a push instead of a loss as G-State falls 69-65. And most importantly, I should have bought the extra 1/2 point in the New Mexico State-San Jose State game, if for no other reason than I recommended it as a 2-unit play. Final score? SJ State 72-70.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't recommend buying 1/2 points on every single game. But usually when the spread is between 1.5 and 3.5 and I see key indicators that suggest it might be close according to my calculations as well, I like to give myself that little cushion. The bottom line...those simple errors would have turned 3 losses into pushes (saving a combined 4 units that were lost) as well as added another win at 1 unit. That's HUGE. And that's my bad.

Anyway, like I said...every now and again you need to be reminded of the basics. Overall it wasn't a devastating night, but to me any night with no profit or a loss of profit is considered unsuccessful. I'll do what I always do...review the numbers and see where things went wrong, so the same mistakes don't happen again. And tonight we'll get back to winning.

UNLV +3..............................2 UNITS.............WIN +2.00
    New Mexico State +1.5.........2 UNITS.............LOSS -2.14
    Miami FL +3.........................1 UNIT..............WIN +1.00
    Evansville +3.......................1 UNIT..............LOSS -1.00
    Georgia State +3.5...............1 UNIT..............LOSS -1.01
    Central Michigan +3...............1 UNIT.............WIN +1.00

Houston -5.5..................................... .....1 UNIT.............LOSS -1.13

Florida/Ottawa UNDER 5.5 goals................1 UNIT...........LOSS -1.47

OVERALL:

NCAABB: 19-11 (63%) +12.16 units
    NBA: 1-5 (17%) -4.40 units
    NHL: 4-5 (44%) -1.37 units

Axis
    3minutedrill.com
    Axis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

Everyone has those nights...good work though...nice to see which of your plays coincide with mine...

PSABB

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post
    Everyone has those nights...good work though...nice to see which of your plays coincide with mine...
    Thanks, Axis. I don't get too high or low with big wins or off nights. Just a little ticked at myself for some dumb mistakes. But, like I always say...it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

Yea...I still make those plays getting sucked into the action...Normally it's when I play on the heavy favorite, when I damn well know I should just stay away if 65% of the public is on it...but sometimes it just seems so right haha

PSABB

Yea...I still make those plays getting sucked into the action...Normally it's when I play on the heavy favorite, when I damn well know I should just stay away if 65% of the public is on it...but sometimes it just seems so right haha
    Sorry, was running my numbers most of the day.

The public has to be right sometimes, otherwise no one would wager. But I know what you mean.

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

Well yea haha...but when it's around 70% I try to stay away...

Looking forward to seeing your plays.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Quote Originally Posted by PSABB View Post
    2/23 RECAP

Well, last night was one of those nights where you get bitch-slapped to remind you of the things that you should or shouldn't be doing. I honestly made two errors last night that were rookie mistakes (and after 20+ years of doing this I should know better)...and sure enough they came back to haunt me.

My first mistake was in letting my personal perceptions cloud the system's recommendation on Sacramento vs. Orlando. Sacramento +14 should have been a play - see the note in post #51 - it fit into the parameters of the system. But because it was the Kings, I decided to pass on the game. And not only does Sacramento get the win, but they do it outright 111-105 in Orlando. That was a "win" that should have been added to the final tally.

The second mistake was that I should have bought the extra 1/2 point on a few occasions, but didn't. In the Houston-Cleveland game, a 1/2 point would have been a push rather than a loss. Why didn't I buy it? Because it was Cleveland. Again, personal perception. In the Georgia State-William & Mary game, buying the extra 1/2 point would have been a push instead of a loss as G-State falls 69-65. And most importantly, I should have bought the extra 1/2 point in the New Mexico State-San Jose State game, if for no other reason than I recommended it as a 2-unit play. Final score? SJ State 72-70.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't recommend buying 1/2 points on every single game. But usually when the spread is between 1.5 and 3.5 and I see key indicators that suggest it might be close according to my calculations as well, I like to give myself that little cushion. The bottom line...those simple errors would have turned 3 losses into pushes (saving a combined 4 units that were lost) as well as added another win at 1 unit. That's HUGE. And that's my bad.

Anyway, like I said...every now and again you need to be reminded of the basics. Overall it wasn't a devastating night, but to me any night with no profit or a loss of profit is considered unsuccessful. I'll do what I always do...review the numbers and see where things went wrong, so the same mistakes don't happen again. And tonight we'll get back to winning.

UNLV +3..............................2 UNITS.............WIN +2.00
    New Mexico State +1.5.........2 UNITS.............LOSS -2.14
    Miami FL +3.........................1 UNIT..............WIN +1.00
    Evansville +3.......................1 UNIT..............LOSS -1.00
    Georgia State +3.5...............1 UNIT..............LOSS -1.01
    Central Michigan +3...............1 UNIT.............WIN +1.00

Houston -5.5..................................... .....1 UNIT.............LOSS -1.13

Florida/Ottawa UNDER 5.5 goals................1 UNIT...........LOSS -1.47

OVERALL:

NCAABB: 19-11 (63%) +12.16 units
    NBA: 1-5 (17%) -4.40 units
    NHL: 4-5 (44%) -1.37 units
    PSABB....curiosity question if you don't mind. I guess that you've explained why you buy points on occasion, but I wonder whether you have determined that it is profitable over time or is it something that you just do without hard data. Thanks in advance.

PSABB

Well yea haha...but when it's around 70% I try to stay away... Looking forward to seeing your plays.
    I'll have them up around 5:30 or 6, as usual.

Kuroudu
    Kuroudu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great job! Nice plays there, good luck!

PSABB

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    PSABB....curiosity question if you don't mind. I guess that you've explained why you buy points on occasion, but I wonder whether you have determined that it is profitable over time or is it something that you just do without hard data. Thanks in advance.
    Don't mind at all. Buying points is something I only do if there are certain "key" data indicators I see. Obviously, books set a half point there for a reason. And a great example of that is the Houston-Cleveland game in the NBA last night. Two of the offensive components in my data screamed out to me that Cleveland would score big in this game although the system showed a clear advantage to Houston to cover. But being the stubborn bastard that I am...and foolishly assuming I wouldn't need the 1/2 point because it was the lowly Cavs and that Houston would score more...cost me the push and handed me a loss instead. Hindsight.

In the long run, you want to get the best value for your money, so buying points isn't always the best option. Houston was -113 on my book for the 1 unit, and buying them to -5 would have bumped it to -120+. Not something you want to do for every game, because if you lose, you've lost more. But in this situation, what was lost was much greater than what it would have cost to buy the 1/2 point. It all just depends on what the data is telling me, but it's not something I make a habit of doing.

Hope this answers your question.

PSABB

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroudu View Post
    Great job! Nice plays there, good luck!
    Thanks, Kuroudu

Aristocles

BOL, pal. Waiting for them.

PSABB

OK guys....there's a big card out there, but I'll be honest...the system isn't seeing a lot of good games on the agenda this evening. The lines are pretty sharp, at least according to my system. But we have a few gems that I'm going to pound on...

Gonzaga +4.................................2 UNITS
    Western Carolina -10....................1 UNIT

In the NBA, we have...

Boston -4 (buy the 1/2 point here).................1 UNIT

and in the NHL we have....

Los Angeles Kings ML..................................2 UNITS
    Chicago/Nashville Under 5.5.......................1 UNIT

Small card, but one I like. Best of luck tonight!

PSABB

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocles View Post
    BOL, pal. Waiting for them.
    BOL right back at ya!

First 123 Last